2015 Game Was Very Important to Clemson

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25610637/clemson-dabo-swinney-byog-game-brought-prominence

Interesting read. I didn't know that was the game they looked back to that showed them they were ready to play on the national level

Interesting quote from Hunter Renfrow:

"I can always look back to that game. I had my first big catch in that game. I'd never really made any plays on any big stage. I had catches against Wofford and App State, but that was my sense of belonging. If I could go out and make a play against Notre Dame, who is one of the best in college football and one of the most storied programs, then I could belong."

They were only #11 at the time and hadn't become "Clemson" yet. That was good jumping off point for them.

Though I keep reading how ND should look at that game as a measuring stick that this game will be close.

While I think ND can play with Clemson this year, I think if that game isn't in a hurricane, Clemson runs ND off the field. BVG vs a full throttle Clemson offense with Deshaun Watson? No thanks.

They were only #11 at the time and hadn't become "Clemson" yet. That was good jumping off point for them.

Though I keep reading how ND should look at that game as a measuring stick that this game will be close.

While I think ND can play with Clemson this year, I think if that game isn't in a hurricane, Clemson runs ND off the field. BVG vs a full throttle Clemson offense with Deshaun Watson? No thanks.

I believe we spotted them 14 points also, right?

I believe we spotted them 14 points also, right?

It was 14-0 after the first 5 minutes.

21-3 Clemson 46 seconds into the 3rd quarter after CJ sanders fumbled the kick return.

ND’s last three possessions: Interception on the first play after the defense forced a three-and-put from Clemson at midfield; fumble by Chris Brown at the Clemson goal line after a 6-play, 68-yard drive; touchdown on a 32-yard, minute-long scoring drive followed by the failed two-point play.

ND had no business having a shot to tie after being down 14-0 and 21-3. They looked absolutely terrible. Credit to them for coming all the way back. But too many turnovers. Also, there was an earlier failed two-point conversion after ND’s first TD which kept the game at 21-9. If ND kicks the extra point - which they should have since you don’t chase points in the 3rd quarter - ND would have been a Justin Yoon extra point away from forcing overtime instead of being forced to go for two.

If ND kicks the extra point - which they should have since you don’t chase points in the 3rd quarter - ND would have been a Justin Yoon extra point away from forcing overtime instead of being forced to go for two.

If nothing else (tongue in cheek firmly), at least Brian Kelly has seemingly learned to NOT go for 2 too early in games (see Clemson, NW for examples of past foolishness...)

2014 FSU

2015 Clemson

2017 Georgia

All close losses...but still losses...it is time to break through and play with AND beat the big boys in a late season / post-season match-up. 12 hours from now I will either be rage drinking into numbness or party drinking into same...happy drunk is so much better...