Clemson Failed Drug Tests

They're also saying things like, "Why use this now? We don't need it to beat ND." And to the effect of "We should still play Dex and make the NCAA do something. They're chickensh_t and won't do anything. This would be a great power play by Dabo."

Not unexpected. It's their fan message board. I'm all for partisan, but WOW.

After North Carolina what are we so to except. NCAA doesn’t do anything but take away wins.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the common line from Clemson message boards.

I wonder if the carrier tampered with the samples. Seems very odd. Not just odd, but for a substance that isn't even beneficial to abuse. Either way the fact that the NCAA is coming down on 3 guys who bust their tails and don't try to manipulate the system, makes me angry. I can understand if it's THC or a steroid, but come on this is a joke. I would go as far as saying someone at the NCAA office has Clemson as a target. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm calling it a hat job. Clemson faithful need to back these boys.

Your not fine with THC? It’s not performance enhancing and it’s used for pain management. It’s prescribed by doctors, the olympics has ok’d it and its legality is growing by the months worldwide. Let me guess you think alcohol is safer than weed? lol.

I’m guessing your a Clemson fan but your sounding pretty gullible here. Why would they target two guys who don’t even play rather than a bunch of impact guys? This stuff is widely used by athletes for its short half life. It’s a selective androgen receptor modulator, if these guys are taking this I can only imagine what they’re taking in the offseason.

NDdomer, before you jump on him for being a Clemson fan or gullible, reread that first sentence, but put a colon on the end and see if you need to jump to that conclusion or if he’s just reporting info that Clemson fans are claiming.

If you still think that, go ahead and read the very next post and reassess.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Irish fans!

NDdomer, before you jump on him for being a Clemson fan or gullible, reread that first sentence, but put a colon on the end and see if you need to jump to that conclusion or if he’s just reporting info that Clemson fans are claiming.

If you still think that, go ahead and read the very next post and reassess.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Irish fans!

Thanks my man, that’s a facepalm moment for me lol.

I’m happy that he’s likely out as an Irish fan because Dexter is a beast. But I hope this is a true failed test and not an error as at the end of the day, this is still a kid playing a game he loves (and I believe he’s one of the guys who could have gone pro but came back to play one more season for Clemson, right?). I guess we’ll see what the B test shows

Dexter Lawrence would be a huge loss for them. His is dominant and a very large man. Sounds like he'll be out. What I am curious about is who would be behind him now starting. Either way, him being out would help us a lot.

I want to say his name is Dodd. He’s also a senior I believe who probably would be starting on most teams. That’s what I’ve read on some of their message boards. Probably not Dexter, but will still be a handful come Saturday. Too bad it wasn’t a sophomore or something.

I want to say his name is Dodd. He’s also a senior I believe who probably would be starting on most teams. That’s what I’ve read on some of their message boards. Probably not Dexter, but will still be a handful come Saturday. Too bad it wasn’t a sophomore or something.
Dexter Lawrence is a 340 lb 1st round rd talent who is a monster. Widely considered the best dlineman on the best dline. His size is insane for any level of football including NFL. It is a huge loss and would aid ND.
Dexter Lawrence is a 340 lb 1st round rd talent who is a monster. Widely considered the best dlineman on the best dline. His size is insane for any level of football including NFL. It is a huge loss and would aid ND.

No question about it. I’m simply pointing out that the guy behind him is a redshirt senior who is 6’3 305. Clemson isnt exactly a MAC school where when a star player goes down there’s a significant drop off. That’s still a lot of beef regardless of the talent. Albert Huggins was his name.

Dexter Lawrence is basically the DL's equivalent of Quinten Nelson

Watching Dexter say today that this could possibly have "come from hair gel" is all I needed to hear to render a verdict.

He's basically repeating what Dabo said and apparently too stupid to look in a mirror to see that he uses a #1 guard on top for his haircuts.....obviously a big gel user.

Watching Dexter say today that this could possibly have "come from hair gel" is all I needed to hear to render a verdict.

He's basically repeating what Dabo said and apparently too stupid to look in a mirror to see that he uses a #1 guard on top for his haircuts.....obviously a big gel user.

Was just going to say the same thing. Hair gel! LMFAO

Someone confused the status for which "Lawrence" was being questioned. Trevor might've gotten away with blaming Aveda.....

Some graduate assistant lost his job over mixing up the Lawrence's on the "drug excuse by player list" Clemson keeps that Dabo referenced in his press conference. Dexter's should have read "contaminated supplements or tainted meat from entire cow he ate in Mexico".

Some graduate assistant lost his job over mixing up the Lawrence's on the "drug excuse by player list" Clemson keeps that Dabo referenced in his press conference. Dexter's should have read "contaminated supplements or tainted meat from entire cow he ate in Mexico".

Lol nahhh their own complicit coach was the first to mention hair products as a possible scapegoat. . That was his fault....his drones are just repeating it now...

Lawrence is officially out. B sample was positive as well for the “hair products” Dabo referenced. :)

Yeah, and they are losing it over there on there forum. Blaming us as if we have something with their player cheating. Don’t do drugs Dex....no pun intended.

Dabo said it could have “come from anywhere”. A very specific banned PED that only showed up in some of the players. Yep, it’s a mystery we may never solve.

I'm a little late on this, but this story made me read up on ostarine and look into their claims that it can come from anywhere

https://www.usada.org/substance-profile-ostarine/

The most interesting part in the link:

Do everyday products contain ostarine?

There are in fact products that contain ostarine, but only illegal ones. Given that ostarine is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country, there are no legal medications that contain ostarine

I read up on Ostarine too. I hadn't heard of it before the suspensions were announced. I found this website that pitches Ostarine and other SARMs:

https://www.mynvfi.org/ostarine-mk-2866-review/

The site talks about using Ostarine in cycles, how it helps increases lean muscle mass and how it has fewer side effects, like water retention, than steroids. It's a PED, plain and simple. Talk of hair gel is total spin in an attempt to protect these players and the program.

My guess is that more Clemson players are using it, but it's just that the three who were caught hadn't quite cycled it out of their system when the test was done.

Talk of hair gel is total spin in an attempt to protect these players and the program.

How dare you-"man of God" Dabo has now cleared up the entire thing. The team's float pool is now most likely the culprit for this unfortunate accident. I know personally, I have to remind myself constantly to put chlorine tabs in my own pool and not the steroids.