Clemson Failed Drug Tests

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One tweet I saw said they all had a "sliver" of ostarine, which seems to be a PED. I'd bet almost anything that all 3 end up being available to play after their B-samples come back within normal ranges.

Ostarine is on the NCAA banned substances list. So, there is no normal range.

This is a character test for Dabo. A chance to see if he just like all of the other scummy head coaches or a molder of men. I don’t hold out hope of him passing this test. :(

Dabo is as scummy as they come-he just does an excellent job of hiding it behind his holier than tho underdog story he loves to constantly bring up. Just a "sliver" of PEDs...lol that's so Dabo.

Dabo is as scummy as they come-he just does an excellent job of hiding it behind his holier than tho underdog story he loves to constantly bring up. Just a "sliver" of PEDs...lol that's so Dabo.

Right, by comparison to the other things in his system, Tony Montana only had a “sliver” of yayo in him when Sosa’s men came.

Yup you nailed it!

I played with guys who used ostarine, it’s classified as a SARM and guys use it throughout the season because it’s supposedly out of the system quick and hard to detect.

I get Dabo is in the win at all costs business but I have lost a little bit of respect for him. Him babbling about this hair product bs makes him sound like a loonatic.

Look at their d line, I’d like to know who isn’t juicing on that d line? Just like Bama players using IGF-1 years ago.

According to articles by Matt Fortuna on The Athletic and Pat Forde on Yahoo, the chances are incredibly slim that these guys play this Saturday. The B Sample was taken at the same time as the failed sample, just to ensure the lab didn’t mess up the testing. So the odds are incredibly high that they will all fail the B Sample as well. The school is appealing but the appeal would likely only matter for the National Championship game if they advance.

As for Dabo and Clemson, I have nothing but respect for him. His team failed time and time again to the point where “Clemsoning” became a thing. Then he turned it around and Clemson has been the most successful program over the last 5 years outside of Alabama. They get incredibly talented recruits and develop them into NFL Draft picks. Just because they have four studs along the DL doesn’t mean they’re cheating or that there is any funny business going on. It means that Clemson can recruit and develop players. I think Dabo is a great coach and he seems like a good guy.

That said, I don’t buy Dabo’s excuses for the failed tests. If it was such a common substance found in a variety of things, then why wouldn’t more players test positive for it? This is the same substance former Arizona player Alonzo Trier got suspended last season for. Maybe the three guys did mistakenly ingest it somehow - it could very well have been accidental - but Dabo’s presser today was 100% spinzone. But that’s how he has to respond. Any coach who has his players’ backs would take that stance. I’d be pissed if BK didn’t stick up for his guys like that.

Here is the noted article.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/will-clemsons-dexter-lawrence-play-cotton-bowl-failed-drug-test-chances-slim-none-212902269.html

The assumption on my part is its used rampantly on the team and these 3 took it too close to the test date or took too much.

Clemson cheat by paying athlete and juicing them and then aiding and abetting in the cover up.

Covering up criminal activity should be treated as such.

According to articles by Matt Fortuna on The Athletic and Pat Forde on Yahoo, the chances are incredibly slim that these guys play this Saturday. The B Sample was taken at the same time as the failed sample, just to ensure the lab didn’t mess up the testing. So the odds are incredibly high that they will all fail the B Sample as well. The school is appealing but the appeal would likely only matter for the National Championship game if they advance.

As for Dabo and Clemson, I have nothing but respect for him. His team failed time and time again to the point where “Clemsoning” became a thing. Then he turned it around and Clemson has been the most successful program over the last 5 years outside of Alabama. They get incredibly talented recruits and develop them into NFL Draft picks. Just because they have four studs along the DL doesn’t mean they’re cheating or that there is any funny business going on. It means that Clemson can recruit and develop players. I think Dabo is a great coach and he seems like a good guy.

That said, I don’t buy Dabo’s excuses for the failed tests. If it was such a common substance found in a variety of things, then why wouldn’t more players test positive for it? This is the same substance former Arizona player Alonzo Trier got suspended last season for. Maybe the three guys did mistakenly ingest it somehow - it could very well have been accidental - but Dabo’s presser today was 100% spinzone. But that’s how he has to respond. Any coach who has his players’ backs would take that stance. I’d be pissed if BK didn’t stick up for his guys like that.

Nice post, I appreciate you taking the other view and I think any coach should have their players back.

I had no problem until he started babbling about hair products and food and how everyone in the room could have some random substance in their system. He had their back then he took it too far and tried to sell it so hard he sounded like he was losing his mind.

Lawrence is gonna be a first round pick so this could be a lesson for him cause this stuff doesn’t fly in the league.

Here is the noted article.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/will-clemsons-dexter-lawrence-play-cotton-bowl-failed-drug-test-chances-slim-none-212902269.html

The assumption on my part is its used rampantly on the team and these 3 took it too close to the test date or took too much.

Clemson cheat by paying athlete and juicing them and then aiding and abetting in the cover up.

Covering up criminal activity should be treated as such.

I wouldn’t completely throw out the whole team is using it. I had guys I played baseball with in college who used it. But it too was only three of them. The rest of the guys just played. However, the guys that took it were being looked at by scouts. So, who knows.

This is the common line from Clemson message boards.

I wonder if the carrier tampered with the samples. Seems very odd. Not just odd, but for a substance that isn't even beneficial to abuse. Either way the fact that the NCAA is coming down on 3 guys who bust their tails and don't try to manipulate the system, makes me angry. I can understand if it's THC or a steroid, but come on this is a joke. I would go as far as saying someone at the NCAA office has Clemson as a target. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm calling it a hat job. Clemson faithful need to back these boys.

They're also saying things like, "Why use this now? We don't need it to beat ND." And to the effect of "We should still play Dex and make the NCAA do something. They're chickensh_t and won't do anything. This would be a great power play by Dabo."

Not unexpected. It's their fan message board. I'm all for partisan, but WOW.