LOCKED: Notre Dame is No. 3

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

Ok, now all of you conspiracy theorists and people who say the Committee will send a message that ND needs to join a conference can relax and take a break from the internet for a while.

ND was never getting left out. The Committee doesn't have an anti-ND bias. ND fans have this defeatist attitude that was exhausting over the last month. I am glad we are in and the speculation can stop. A ton of people will say ND is overrated and that they don't belong and Pitt and Vanderbilt and Ball State... It's all noise. ND went 12-0 against a really good schedule. ND has 3 Top 25 wins, 10 Power 5 wins, a really good offense and a great defense.

I hope the team upsets Clemson and shuts people up. But win or lose, this was a great season, an undefeated season, and ND deserved to make the CFP. I am going to enjoy the ride.

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

Ok, now all of you conspiracy theorists and people who say the Committee will send a message that ND needs to join a conference can relax and take a break from the internet for a while.

ND was never getting left out. The Committee doesn't have an anti-ND bias. ND fans have this defeatist attitude that was exhausting over the last month. I am glad we are in and the speculation can stop. A ton of people will say ND is overrated and that they don't belong and Pitt and Vanderbilt and Ball State... It's all noise. ND went 12-0 against a really good schedule. ND has 3 Top 25 wins, 10 Power 5 wins, a really good offense and a great defense.

I hope the team upsets Clemson and shuts people up. But win or lose, this was a great season, an undefeated season, and ND deserved to make the CFP. I am going to enjoy the ride.

It was NEVER in doubt.

Agree completely. The only reason I had pause is when they put LSU over ND. I didn't think ND should had been four and wrote continuously that ND would be three over four. BUT, in reality, I felt just like you, ND was always going to get in if undefeated. All this other talk was just that, talk..

I said all along we were a lock.

Now on to Clemson.....

We will have to play BY FAR our BEST GAME of the year in order to have a chance in that game. Clemson is big, physical, and really doesn’t have any weaknesses. We will have to be able to match their physicality or it could be a long night. If we do play physically and can get a running game going we will have a chance to win.

We got the best possible situation. Avoided Bama and we play in Dallas and not Florida.

Now we have to prepare for the toughest game we’ve played BY FAR! I trust Balis will have the team in top conditioning form unlike we have looked in some bowl games in the past.

Go Irish!

ND gets the Cotton Bowl December 29th at 4 PM, but what network? it looks like just ESPN and not one of the major networks NBC/ABC/CBS/Fox? that would suck for Canada that doesn't get ESPN.

We got TSN 1-5 and they usuallly carry the big college games on ESPN.

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

I was very confident Notre Dame was a lock, but with all the talk I did get a bit worried. Like you said though, it was all just noise.