Tons of Smoke ND is OUT!

We better get used to being on the outside looking in if we take a loss each year...

I'm fine with that. I would much rather watch us play all over the country than be in some regional conference. That being said, I think this is a huge opportunity for us to show that we're elite again. At the minimum, even if we lose we must show that we belong.

And when the semi finals were announced, where were we???

pointless argument, you just said a one loss Notre Dame was out. They had 1 loss and were at #3. I proved your point wrong. Of course two more losses bumped us out, no one would even think about arguing that...

I'm fine with that. I would much rather watch us play all over the country than be in some regional conference. That being said, I think this is a huge opportunity for us to show that we're elite again. At the minimum, even if we lose we must show that we belong.

Absolutely agree 100 %

Funny how important conference championship is.

Alabama and Ohio State both play in conferences with conference championships and didn’t make it to the championship of their own conference yet made the playoffs.

Its complete bullsh-t about its importance when teams with one get in without making it

Funny how important conference championship is.

Alabama and Ohio State both play in conferences with conference championships and didn’t make it to the championship of their own conference yet made the playoffs.

Its complete bullsh-t about its importance when teams with one get in without making it

What are you talking about? Both won their conference championships... ????

ND had two more losses at that point. A Top 10 win at Miami and a Top 25 win at Stanford would have cemented ND at #3, if not higher. Thinking that a one loss ND team would never get in is absolutely ridiculous.

A 2 loss Washington team made the playoffs two years ago. There is no set formula here and it's nonsense to say if we must go undefeated if we are to get in. But it's also understandable considering the board freak out when Book was out for a week playing a non functional FSU team and the growing paranoia what we wouldn't make it despite being a mortal lock with a 12-0 record.

Some years we may be out and other years we are in with one loss. Just like the 1 loss, Big10 champions this year who could only end up being ranked 6th.

A 2 loss Washington team made the playoffs two years ago. There is no set formula here and it's nonsense to say if we must go undefeated if we are to get in. But it's also understandable considering the board freak out when Book was out for a week playing a non functional FSU team and the growing paranoia what we wouldn't make it despite being a mortal lock with a 12-0 record.

Some years we may be out and other years we are in with one loss. Just like the 1 loss, Big10 champions this year who could only end up being ranked 6th.

Washington was 12-1 and won the PAC-12 the year they got in - 2016.

But I agree with everything you say here.

I think he means last year and the year before they both got in without the conference title each in one of those years

Probably it would be better to scrap the conference titles in Xchange for an expanded playoff....I wont hold my breath though

aloha

Exactly what i was talking about. The espn staff (some of them not all were saying that last night). Oh and of course there was uban spouting off how important the conference championship game is. Guess with his head problems he forgot about when he got in over Penn State even though Penn State won the conference championship.