Tons of Smoke ND is OUT!

Hearing from some sources that OU and O$U in and ND out! I sure hope not, but there seems to be quite a bit of smoke.

lol "sources". I'm assuming you are referring to fan replies on twitter? Or message boards? Come on dude, nobody knows except the 13 in that room right now.

Enough. Just stop.

There is no way to justify ND not being in the playoffs. No way.

Now, if the committee wants to simply say “we will not allow any team that does not play in a conference championship into the playoffs” then I guess that is possible. But, that is an ulterior reasoning with no basis in fairness or fact. It would simply be a one sided “political” motive.

If that happens it would be an outrage and they would not be able to explain it. It would be purely a vendetta against ND. Nothing more or nothing less.

Enough. Just stop.

There is no way to justify ND not being in the playoffs. No way.

Now, if the committee wants to simply say “we will not allow any team that does not play in a conference championship into the playoffs” then I guess that is possible. But, that is an ulterior reasoning with no basis in fairness or fact. It would simply be a one sided “political” motive.

If that happens it would be an outrage and they would not be able to explain it. It would be purely a vendetta against ND. Nothing more or nothing less.

Truth speaker....

I won’t be surprised is this happens at all. It is almost predictable to force us into a conference. If I was on the committee with connections to a conference I would do exactly this. It would also have huge recruiting impacts to ND. Who would want to play for a team that plays that schedule with no shot at the playoffs?

This will force a larger playoff format discussion but I don’t think it will be taken serious until ND joins a conference and it is a playoff of champions.

I really hope none of the above happens and do not want to see it happen.

If the powers that be want us in a conference this will do it. We would join the ACC in full pretty damn quickly.

No we wouldn't. We have a $13 billion endowment and an alumni base that would hate joining some ****** regional conference. You underestimate how important independence and our national brand is to ND and it's alumni. We have a nationwide Catholic mission and it will stay that way.

No we wouldn't. We have a $13 billion endowment and an alumni base that would hate joining some ****** regional conference. You underestimate how important independence and our national brand is to ND and it's alumni. We have a nationwide Catholic mission and it will stay that way.

If we do not have access to the playoff Swarbrick has said we will join. This will prove to the powers @ ND we do not have access. Simple really.

I don't want to question your sources but also I do. How do you they know something before everyone else? Is it friends? Someone in the committee room? Did they text the results of the voting? Or are you just trolling.

I'm just very curious to know more of what you say you know is all.

ESPN is ridiculous, they want this regular season to mean so much but they want to put a 2 loss Georgia in?

Then there’s this deserving vs best debate, pick one and stick with it. If you wanna go by your eye test you might as well throw out the regular season.

And I just heard we’d be an underdog to OSU? Give me a break.

If we do not have access to the playoff Swarbrick has said we will join. This will prove to the powers @ ND we do not have access. Simple really.

Really?

Asked if he'll be watching Dec. 1 -- the day of those conference title games -- Swarbrick did not believe he would be.

"Probably not," he said. "We may have hockey or basketball games. It is what it is. I'm not wasting any psychological energy on it."

Here's what Swarbrick said about the playoff structure:

Swarbrick was one of the college administrators (along with the commissioners) who helped put together the playoff.

"When we were developing this model and we were looking back over 25 years, I think there were only two years you had [more than] five teams in the mix [at the end of the season]," Swarbrick said.

Doesn't sound to me like one year of this speculating us getting shut out will change a thing. And that doesn't even take into consideration ND's culture, it's alumni, administrators and professors which is more likely to join the Ivy League than the B1G or the ACC.

Here it is. I expect Bama, Clemson, ND, Oklahoma in that order.

No reason for the committee to try to decide on ND's fate to be independent or not. It's their job to determine which 4 teams excelled through their schedule, losses, head to head, and conference champions. IF deserving. Otherwise, they would had already just added a 6 game format. Championships shouldn't matter...

100 percent correct!

We better get used to being on the outside looking in if we take a loss each year...

And when the semi finals were announced, where were we???

ND had two more losses at that point. A Top 10 win at Miami and a Top 25 win at Stanford would have cemented ND at #3, if not higher. Thinking that a one loss ND team would never get in is absolutely ridiculous.

Thinking that a one loss ND team would never get in is absolutely ridiculous.

Never is a long time... but you just heard the committee chair say an undefeated Irish team was looked at as a 3,4 or 5.

I would bet dollars to donuts a one loss Irish team would routinely find themselves on the outside looking in.