Is ND actually a lock?

TNation

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN had a CFP Committee member on last weekend who specifically said they don't penalize or over-reward teams for playing in a championship game, but they look at the whole body of work across the season. If they stick to that principle, that should bode well for us and we are in. I think we will be.

For today, I see Bama beating UGA by 7-10 points or more. The ways Bama loses are if they have a major injury (e.g. Tua), or if they rest people for the playoff. I don't see any way that second scenario would happen, as Saban would never leave that to chance and he will be very motivated to beat Smart.

Then, Clemson will beat Pitt and we sit solidly at #3. The challenge for the committee will be if OU beats Texas and OSU pounds NU, then which of those 2 do you pick at #4? While Texas could very well beat OU, I think OU will pull that out in a close game. For OSU, Urban will do everything he can to score as much as possible, and that is not a great match-up for NU. They will win that comfortably and I can see them getting in as the 4th team.

From the site that perpetually hates ND, according to most:

All depends how you interpret that, I could see it as a shot at us taking the easy way without having the chance at a loss.

I’ve just heard some of their goofy analysts like Tebow taking major shots at ND all week.

If Bama loses there will be a big debate between Bama, OU and ND. There would be no better way to tell us to join a conference by leaving us out at 12-0.

Let’s just hope Bama wakes up so we don’t have to see any chaos ensue. I do wonder what ND would do if left out, if so I think the college football landscape would get shaked up big time.

If Bama loses there will be a big debate between Bama, OU and ND. There would be no better way to tell us to join a conference by leaving us out at 12-0.

Let’s just hope Bama wakes up so we don’t have to see any chaos ensue. I do wonder what ND would do if left out, if so I think the college football landscape would get shaked up big time.

It will not matter even if they lose.

We are in. Period.

I think ND is a lock.

After Georgia wins:

(1) Georgia (1 loss, SEC Champs, beat #1 team in nation)

(2) Clemson (undefeated, but no big time wins)

(3) Bama (1 loss, to now #1 team in nation)

(4) ND

OR

(1) Clemson

(2) Georgia

(3) ND

(4) Bama

Don't think they would put Bama and Gerogia together in round 1, so they have to be 1 & 3 or 2 & 4.

OUs win wasn't so impressive as to make the majot move they needed, although they are the Big 12 Champ and only have one loss to the #14 team in the country.

An OSU stays out because they won't put demi-god Urban in before God Saban.

BUT

Oklahoma won

OSU is going to win

Georgia might win

Clemson will win.

Bama still gets a look at 12-1

1. Georgia

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame/Alabama

4. Alabama/Notre Dame

5. Oklahoma

6. Ohio State

Oklahoma has the same number of Top 25 wins that ND has (3). The Committee has consistently kept Oklahoma out of the Top 4 because of their defense. Oklahoma's best win happened today against 9-3 (now 9-4) Texas. THEY ALSO HAVE A LOSS.

Ohio State has played one good game - Michigan. They needed a botched 2 point conversion to beat Maryland 52-51. They will only have 3 wins against Top 25 teams if they beat Northwestern tonight.THEY ALSO LOST BY 29 TO PURDUE.

I don't understand why ND fans are worried about getting jumped by Oklahoma or Ohio State. Both teams have been consistently kept out of the Top 4, while ND has been in the Top 4 since the first rankings, and #3 since the second week of November. Ohio State was #10 before beating Michigan. Oklahoma's defense has been consistently brought up by Rob Mullens as a reason why they aren't ranked higher.

Keep bringing up the lack of a conference championship. That didn't hurt 11-1 Alabama last year or 11-1 Ohio State the year before. It definitely won't hurt 12-0 ND this year.

After the way things have unfolded so far I'm actually more confident that we're in. Oklahoma won but not so impressively that they'll jump us and 2 loss georgia wont be above us. Also I dont think theres anything that would make osu jump us with a win over nw. Nw isnt all that strong plus we already beat them

the Fox post game group all had ND dropping to 4 behind Oklahoma....and they were kind of oozing ND hate all over the place.....of course it was Wanstat screw the spelling....and the idiot Lienhart DA.....and some other jackass whose name I forget

I would be disappointed in the committee to be so creative,,,,thats not their job making statements about NDs independent status.....their job is to CHOOSE that number four team ,,, and I expect them to just do that and nothing more

Bama Clemson ND Oklahoma

aloha

the Fox post game group all had ND dropping to 4 behind Oklahoma....and they were kind of oozing ND hate all over the place.....of course it was Wanstat screw the spelling....and the idiot Lienhart DA.....and some other jackass whose name I forget

I would be disappointed in the committee to be so creative,,,,thats not their job making statements about NDs independent status.....their job is to CHOOSE that number four team ,,, and I expect them to just do that and nothing more

Bama Clemson ND Oklahoma

aloha

Yeah . Let's see... Usc, O$U, and Pitt. F all of them! ND belongs 3!

Bama Clemson ND Oklahoma

aloha

Especially when Oklahoma really is not all that.. They went to OT with Army... at home!!

Their defense is historically bad. We would pass all over them and throttle them up front. I could see us being a 5/6 point favourite against them on a neutral ground. I have no fear of them jumping us at all.

Bama will murder them. It won't be pretty.

Herbstreit’s Top 4 is

Bama

Clemson

Georgia

Notre Dame

One man’s opinion I know, but I am sick of the throw something that does not make any logical sense out there just to create debate.

Hey remember last week when my idea that ND could get dropped to 4th was a laughing matter?