Only thing I’m still concerned with

Kid Gloves

Sorta tangential to that is my biggest fear: redzone offense

We need to punch it in more from close and I think a lot of the issue is an inability to run the ball on short yardage.

We need to find ways to score TDs when we get close to have a chance against the Clemsons and Alabama’s of the world.

Great point. We have to score TDS against Clemson or Bama. Fgs won’t get it done.

Is our ability to run the ball in short yardage situations. We still struggle and that needs to get better if we make it to the playoffs. That is our only real weakness I see now on offense. Other than that we can put up some points!

Always been a criticism of mine under Kelly. That misdirection TD we had was a great play for situations like that. It's one of the reasons I miss the FB in today's offenses, not the TE/H-Back thing that we and everyone else uses, but an actual honest to God ball carrying FB.

Having another ball carrier like Jones, BW, or Jafar in the backfield opens a bunch of options in short yardage.

Always been a criticism of mine under Kelly. That misdirection TD we had was a great play for situations like that. It's one of the reasons I miss the FB in today's offenses, not the TE/H-Back thing that we and everyone else uses, but an actual honest to God ball carrying FB.

Having another ball carrier like Jones, BW, or Jafar in the backfield opens a bunch of options in short yardage.

That misdirection play for the TD was a thing of beauty!

Worried about the play calling in the red zone. The misdirection play is something that we should have been doing sooner. With Book being a bit banged up, Cuse knew Ian wasn't going to keep it....so yeah they did attack the dive. The other red zone play on 4th down was a great play and would have been a wide open td had Ian's foot not get stepped on.

I would have liked to see more throws to the TE in the seam or a post route. Many of us were calling for that on the game chat. I felt they were throwing too many fades to the boundaries. If we get Clemson in round 1, we will need for innovative plays with our RBs than trying to run up the middle. Their front will crush us.

Edited by VCDomer