Offensive Line

tneun89

I was really impressed with how well the OL played tonight. They were (still are) a major concern for me with how far ND could possibly go this season. They really stepped up tonight against a good rush defense. I believe FSU was ranked 8th in the country in rushing yards allowed per game coming into the game. Pretty impressive effort by the guys up front. (Obviously Dexter deserves a ton of credit as well).

ND: 365 yards rushing

Syracuse: 222 yards

NC State: 177 yards

Clemson: 120 yards

Louisville: 115 yards

Virginia Tech: 112 yards

Miami: 102 yards

Wake Forest:96 yards rushing

We'll see how this translates the rest of the season, but Syracuse (72nd - 169.0 yards per game) and USC (60th - 158.3 yards per game) both have struggled against the run this season.

Banks and Kraemer had good games. Bit by bit they are getting better as a whole this season. Always things to clean up of course, but there is improvement overall.

Running up tempo with no subs for a D helps the OL. Hitting short passes and attacking the edges helps the OL. Letting them dominate in the run game really builds an OL confidence and the more rushes with positive yardage we get the exponentially higher the chances we walk off with a win. These are all important keys allowing the OL and the offense to succeed.

except the left tackle getting abused all night by 99

Burns is one of the best defensive lineman in college football and will be a first round pick in the NFL Draft this April. He definitely made some plays, but I would not say Eichenberg got abused.

FSU had zero sacks and zero TFL. Zero. That’s a pretty good performance against a talented DL that ranked 8th in the country against the run and featured three five-star recruits in the rotation.

In the postgame, Kelly stated that we ran against fair numbers tonight.

What he means by that is because of Wimbush accounting for a defender in the run game, They had to go 1 on 1 with our lineman.

With Banks and Kraemer in there at Guard we have a push up front we have not had since Bars. Now when you put Book in there, they commit the extra hat to stop Williams and we pass more so Kraemer might not be in the game in favor of Ruhland, who is better at pass protection.

So its good we can run. But it will always be affected by who is in the game.

I was really impressed with how well the OL played tonight. They were (still are) a major concern for me with how far ND could possibly go this season. They really stepped up tonight against a good rush defense. I believe FSU was ranked 8th in the country in rushing yards allowed per game coming into the game. Pretty impressive effort by the guys up front. (Obviously Dexter deserves a ton of credit as well).

ND: 365 yards rushing

Syracuse: 222 yards

NC State: 177 yards

Clemson: 120 yards

Louisville: 115 yards

Virginia Tech: 112 yards

Miami: 102 yards

Wake Forest:96 yards rushing

We'll see how this translates the rest of the season, but Syracuse (72nd - 169.0 yards per game) and USC (60th - 158.3 yards per game) both have struggled against the run this season.

USC led Cal 14-0 and Cal has a good defense. They ended up losing 15-14 at home.