What is ND's best road win ever?

The 1988 thread got me thinking of some of ND's best wins. I'm not as versed as many prior to the later 90's.

'88 Miami was at home

'93 FSU was at home

Chicken Soup game was a bowl

Many other games I remember as "big" were bowls

So what is ND's best true road win ever?

I know they beat #2 USC in 1988 on the road, but other than that I'm coming up blank.

The 1988 thread got me thinking of some of ND's best wins. I'm not as versed as many prior to the later 90's.

'88 Miami was at home

'93 FSU was at home

Chicken Soup game was a bowl

Many other games I remember as "big" were bowls

So what is ND's best true road win ever?

I know they beat #2 USC in 1988 on the road, but other than that I'm coming up blank.

All of my ND football memories are post-2000 pretty much. Off the top of my head:

FSU in 2002

Michigan in 2005

Oklahoma in 2012

None of those will be the best true road win ever. Michigan may be the best true road win this century. I believe they were #2 or #3 in the preseason.

1913 at Army might rank as the biggest ND road victory of all time. It's the game where Dorias and Knute used the forward pass to put Notre Dame on the map as they upset Army and "revolutionized the game of football".

BTW, Dorais had Ian Book-like stats as he completed 14 of 17 attempts (82%) for 243 yards.

Stanford 2012 beat all the rest that year. The goalline stand is best I think I've ever seen.

Not sure if this includes bowls but 1977 Cotton Bowl.

Didn't the Irish vs Washington (Weis vs Willingham) have something like a 8 play goal stand due to a penalty on fourth down?