Final 4

InvNO1

What happens if....

ND wins out.

Clemson wins out.

Michigan wins out.

and Alabama loses to GA in the SEC title?

No way they don't put in the SEC champ or a 1 loss Bama.

GA and bama would be in for sure. the other 3 would be based on money imo.

On a side note, I think michigan may be the only program that could scare bama

GA and bama would be in for sure. the other 3 would be based on money imo.

On a side note, I think michigan may be the only program that could scare bama

If I'm being honest, I think Clemson is better than Bama right now and would beat them.

You saw LSU slow their offense, they just couldn't move the ball. Clemson has an even better defense, a better DL and an offense capable of scoring points.

If that game is played today, Clemson 38 Bama 31.

The narrative in the sports media right now is that if they replayed that game today, UM would stomp ND.

Did they not watch Michigan almost lose to northwestern a few weeks ago? Unbelievable.

Ohio State is going to torch their man coverage with Haskins and I think they’re gonna beat UM fairly handily.

What happens if....

ND wins out.

Clemson wins out.

Michigan wins out.

This is the one remaining scenario that would cause absolute chaos. I honestly dont know, but I would imagine Michigan would be left out in that scenario. No way Michigan gets in before ND with the head to head, common opponents, and a weak B1G championship game this year.

If I'm being honest, I think Clemson is better than Bama right now and would beat them.

You saw LSU slow their offense, they just couldn't move the ball. Clemson has an even better defense, a better DL and an offense capable of scoring points.

If that game is played today, Clemson 38 Bama 31.

I think it would be a good game, however a true freshman at QB does not bode well.

What happens if....

ND wins out.

Clemson wins out.

Michigan wins out.

While anything is possible, I don't see UGA with the horses to beat Bama this year. In fact, I see Bama beating them in similar fashion to how LSU beat them earlier in the year. I think you have Bama and Clemson in as strong #1 and 2. If we win out we're in at #3 and I think the likeliest chaotic scenario is M losing to OSU and who gets the 4th spot?

While anything is possible, I don't see UGA with the horses to beat Bama this year. In fact, I see Bama beating them in similar fashion to how LSU beat them earlier in the year. I think you have Bama and Clemson in as strong #1 and 2. If we win out we're in at #3 and I think the likeliest chaotic scenario is M losing to OSU and who gets the 4th spot?

Yep I concur. Have a couple of friends who seem to think Oklahoma would jump tSOU if this were to happen. I would assume for that fourth spot it would be tOSU, Oklahoma, Washington St, and UCF. If they all win out. With the latter two probably not having a strong enough schedule to top the other two.

The narrative in the sports media right now is that if they replayed that game today, UM would stomp ND.

Anyone in the media with a brain knows that ND played that game without their top 2 offensive weapons on the field. Book hadn't made his debut and Williams was suspended. I'll take a rematch with the skunkbears any day. ND is simply better than that team. They already proved it.

Anyone in the media with a brain knows that ND played that game without their top 2 offensive weapons on the field. Book hadn't made his debut and Williams was suspended. I'll take a rematch with the skunkbears any day. ND is simply better than that team. They already proved it.

Frankly, I think we would do better. Stop the run and you beat them. Oddly, no teams have figured that out.

Agree. But there is an ND bias already showing, otherwise LSU would not have jumped ND last week.

The bias was that ND had only one win versus any other team in the top 25. Unfortunately, ND opponents went 3-6 (counting Northwestern) this past week so SOS did not increase. Future opponents went 2-1 so hopefully beating USC and/or Syracuse will will give ND a bump.

Still true that 12-0 ND is in while an 11-1 ND is in the mix depending on what else happens.

12-0 ND is in

11-1 ND is out, period.

12-1 Alabama SHOULD BE out (if they lost SEC to UGa)...but everyone fellatiates Saban so they can get a mulligan even with a loss that late...

Reality says that IF these teams win out, they are the Final 4:

Clemson

Notre Dame

Michigan

Georgia

A 1-loss, NON-CONFERENCE CHAMPION Alabama team should NOT get in over ANY 1-loss Power 5 champion, period (Michigan, Clemson, Oklahoma)...except possibly Washington State. WSU at 12-1 and Pac-12 champion could make things sticky...but what this season is more likely to mean is an incontrovertible march to an 8-team playoff by 2020 with Power 5 champs and 3 at-large bids available....

12-0 ND is in

11-1 ND is out, period.

12-1 Alabama SHOULD BE out (if they lost SEC to UGa)...but everyone fellatiates Saban so they can get a mulligan even with a loss that late...

Reality says that IF these teams win out, they are the Final 4:

Clemson

Notre Dame

Michigan

Georgia

A 1-loss, NON-CONFERENCE CHAMPION Alabama team should NOT get in over ANY 1-loss Power 5 champion, period (Michigan, Clemson, Oklahoma)...except possibly Washington State. WSU at 12-1 and Pac-12 champion could make things sticky...but what this season is more likely to mean is an incontrovertible march to an 8-team playoff by 2020 with Power 5 champs and 3 at-large bids available....

There is still plenty of chance for ND to be in at 11-1.

We are down to basically 8 teams left with a chance.

Alabama

Clemson

ND

Michigan

Georgia

Oklahoma

W Virginia

Ohio St.

6 of those play each other, so at best (assuming Bama beats Georgia) there are 5 teams with 0-1 loss. Only need one other upset the last 3-4 weeks to leave 4 teams with 0-1 loss. I can't see a 2 loss team getting in over a 1 loss ND.

tOSU is not going to the the playoffs regardless. I don't even think they will beat MSU this week.

And I was so right about the narrative changing this week. Even Herbie thinks UM would beat ND if they played today and he is not the only media blue check-mark that is saying this. The next narrative will be that Georgia would destroy Clemson, ND, UM, and OU. Bank on that because these talking heads are so predictable.

Edited by KellyisNasty

There is still plenty of chance for ND to be in at 11-1.

We are down to basically 8 teams left with a chance.

Alabama

Clemson

ND

Michigan

Georgia

Oklahoma

W Virginia

Ohio St.

6 of those play each other, so at best (assuming Bama beats Georgia) there are 5 teams with 0-1 loss. Only need one other upset the last 3-4 weeks to leave 4 teams with 0-1 loss. I can't see a 2 loss team getting in over a 1 loss ND.

While not probable, Washington St should also be added to your list since they are mathematically still in the picture only having one loss. They will need to beat Colorado, Arizona, Washington, and Pac-12 South Champ (Utah?) and have teams above them (including ND) get upset in the next 3-4 weeks)