Wideouts

davislove

With ian looking really good is there a chance of us going back after some high ranked receivers that may have committed elsewhere? Last year we had 2 transfer who weren't that great jump into the mix right away. This year we moved 2 defensive guys over so my spidey senses are tingling. Even armstrong is being used more as a pass catcher his last few games. I don't think the world is coming to an end but it's something worth watching imo.

Also, kyle hamilton appears to be a stud all over the field. Any shot he winds up on offense? Seems like he might have a quicker path to playing if we catching the ball.

With ian looking really good is there a chance of us going back after some high ranked receivers that may have committed elsewhere? Last year we had 2 transfer who weren't that great jump into the mix right away. This year we moved 2 defensive guys over so my spidey senses are tingling. Even armstrong is being used more as a pass catcher his last few games. I don't think the world is coming to an end but it's something worth watching imo.

Also, kyle hamilton appears to be a stud all over the field. Any shot he winds up on offense? Seems like he might have a quicker path to playing if we catching the ball.

ND is still recruiting Cornelius Johnson and Donavon Greene. However, they have a ton of options in the 2020 class and will probably try and land 4 WRs. There’s just not a lot of space in this class.

In regards to Kyle Hamilton...I’ll never say never because I think he would make a terrific WR, but Notre Dame badly wants him in the backend of the defense. He’s very likely in the 2-deep next season.

ND is still recruiting Cornelius Johnson and Donavon Greene. However, they have a ton of options in the 2020 class and will probably try and land 4 WRs. There’s just not a lot of space in this class.

In regards to Kyle Hamilton...I’ll never say never because I think he would make a terrific WR, but Notre Dame badly wants him in the backend of the defense. He’s very likely in the 2-deep next season.

You see him being ahead of allen and/or griffith? Or even a vet like studstillm

Hamilton imo maybe the best player in this years class, I think he's a safety all the way.

as for the wr's I don't think ND will do much this year but next year should be a different story. hopefully we can say the same about rb too.

You see him being ahead of allen and/or griffith? Or even a vet like studstillm

Allen won't matter to me because of his size. He's a SS or even LB all the way. Griffith could very well be the main slot guy again. Hamilton is best prospect they've landed since Jaylon in my humble opinion. Don't see a scenario where he doesn't see action next year, and in a pretty big way.

Allen won't matter to me because of his size. He's a SS or even LB all the way. Griffith could very well be the main slot guy again. Hamilton is best prospect they've landed since Jaylon in my humble opinion. Don't see a scenario where he doesn't see action next year, and in a pretty big way.

So you're seeing him at FS correct? Looking at a depth chart, he's probably #2 there the day he walks on campus.

This is getting off of wideouts, but do you see Allen pushing Elliot next year, or is he still a year away?

So you're seeing him at FS correct? Looking at a depth chart, he's probably #2 there the day he walks on campus.

This is getting off of wideouts, but do you see Allen pushing Elliot next year, or is he still a year away?

Yes. Definitely a FS.

As for Allen, no not really. If anything, I think Griffith would be the guy tp push Elliott. Especially if Crawford is back in slot.

Allen will be a better athlete closer to the line of scrimmage.

Yes. Definitely a FS.

As for Allen, no not really. If anything, I think Griffith would be the guy tp push Elliott. Especially if Crawford is back in slot.

Allen will be a better athlete closer to the line of scrimmage.

I agree on Hamilton.

Regarding Allen, I was shocked when I saw his size in fall camp. His lower half is huge. Might force him to LB. Will be interesting to see what happens with him.

next year at LB ND would have Asmar Bilal, Shayne Simon, Ovie Oghoufo and then maybe Derrick Allen, that's a lot of serious talent (or potential talent). I was a big fan of Ovie Oghoufo coming out of high school, the kid has serious speed and athleticism to add to this defense. BK said that he's similar to Julian Okwara so I wonder if he moves to DE. so next season it could be bilal and simon inside with allen playing rover.

next year at LB ND would have Asmar Bilal, Shayne Simon, Ovie Oghoufo and then maybe Derrick Allen, that's a lot of serious talent (or potential talent). I was a big fan of Ovie Oghoufo coming out of high school, the kid has serious speed and athleticism to add to this defense. BK said that he's similar to Julian Okwara so I wonder if he moves to DE. so next season it could be bilal and simon inside with allen playing rover.

Defensive recruiting is very, very good right now. Especially at safety, LB and DT. Corner is picking up and DE is on the verge of being very good as well. Land Foskey in this class to along with NaNa and that's one hell of a hall. Mills, McGregor, Baron, Carlton and Logan-Redding are all very much in the discussion in 2020 as well.

Don’t forget Bo Bauer. BK seems to like him.

So next year you see gilman and elliot starting? who backs them up?

Also, this may be the superstition in me talking but how can we get kyle to cut his hair? I see him and think Max redfield. :grin:

I'm with you. I don't see simon staying at the rover position.

So next year you see gilman and elliot starting? who backs them up?

Also, this may be the superstition in me talking but how can we get kyle to cut his hair? I see him and think Max redfield. :grin:

Hamilton and Griffith would be the other two. Obviously, this is all just my opinion. I don’t see Studstill posing much of a threat to them.

Since this is a WR thread and I couldn't find another one for it, I thought I'd mention I went to see AJ Henning's playoff game this weekend and share a few thoughts:

Size - he looks small on the field but he is built really well. He's listed at 5'10" 170 and may not be that tall but is built like a truck. Kind of reminds me of how Rondale Moore is put together.

Athleticism - the kid is crazy athletic - you will see this on film. His team is so good that they won't use him all the time and will still likely cruise to the state title game. But he'll go in and take a reverse around the corner for a TD so fast you will miss it if you blink. He also had a great catch for about 40 yards where he was sprinting down the middle and twisted his body all the way around. Kind of a grab you'd see Boykin make but not one you see at the HS level too often. Very fluid.

Some guys I talked with who know him think he's an OSU lean at the moment, but that is a long way off and lots can happen before then. I really hope we can land this kid - he would be electric in our offense and is a great kid as well.

Since this is a WR thread and I couldn't find another one for it, I thought I'd mention I went to see AJ Henning's playoff game this weekend and share a few thoughts:

Size - he looks small on the field but he is built really well. He's listed at 5'10" 170 and may not be that tall but is built like a truck. Kind of reminds me of how Rondale Moore is put together.

Athleticism - the kid is crazy athletic - you will see this on film. His team is so good that they won't use him all the time and will still likely cruise to the state title game. But he'll go in and take a reverse around the corner for a TD so fast you will miss it if you blink. He also had a great catch for about 40 yards where he was sprinting down the middle and twisted his body all the way around. Kind of a grab you'd see Boykin make but not one you see at the HS level too often. Very fluid.

Some guys I talked with who know him think he's an OSU lean at the moment, but that is a long way off and lots can happen before then. I really hope we can land this kid - he would be electric in our offense and is a great kid as well.

I've always heard he was an ND lean. But it wouldn't surprise me if we lose him to osu. Juniors loves us, seniors not so much.

When i first heard of this guy they were calling him a running back. Does he play a lot of running back on his team?

I've always heard he was an ND lean. But it wouldn't surprise me if we lose him to osu. Juniors loves us, seniors not so much.

When i first heard of this guy they were calling him a running back. Does he play a lot of running back on his team?

I think he played more RB as a soph. In his film he carries it more out of the backfield and on jet sweeps. This year, his team has 2 other stud RBs, so he's stayed primarily at WR as that is the position he will play in college.

The game I attended, he was split out on every play and had one carry on a reverse that went for a 40-yard TD.

I don't think ND wants to put a position on him yet and view him more as an asset on offense in both spots.