We should win out the regular season

From what I've seen of us vs the teams we're playing, I don't see any way any of the teams on the remaining schedule beating us. We have more talent, and are more consistent on both sides of the ball. I don't see any team that can give us a knockout punch early and make us play out of our game. That doesn't mean it cant happen, but we will rightfully be favored in every game and should win them all.

If it happens, it will be fun to see how far we've closed the gap between us and the elite.

Go Irish!

I agree but it’s easier said than done.

We are a dumb 2 point attempt or play call from blowing a game, saw it against Northwestern, Tulsa, USF, etc....

This team is so talented and deep we can even have an off game and beat the remaining teams.

My eye test tells me:

Bama

ND, OU, UGA, LSU, Clemson

Next tier

Alabama reminds me of FSU 1993..."unbeatable", "greatest team ever?"..."no way we - or anyone - can stay with them"...

I understand it...fanbases are traumatized by 'Bama's recent run. 2012 Orange Bowl first half still makes me cringe too... But they have literally played tomato cans and bad teams to date. They are talented, well-coached and play disciplined in a way I wish I recognized in our team.

They are not invincible. But they will not beat themselves, which I am afraid we are imminently capable of doing...

We have played with Clemson (2 pt loss), Georgia (1 pt loss), LSU (Bowl win) and Michigan (win season opener) over the last 24 months. We haven't been on a field with 'Bama since 2013. They are the benchmark, but they are not inevitable either...

Alabama reminds me of FSU 1993..."unbeatable", "greatest team ever?"..."no way we - or anyone - can stay with them"...

I understand it...fanbases are traumatized by 'Bama's recent run. 2012 Orange Bowl first half still makes me cringe too... But they have literally played tomato cans and bad teams to date. They are talented, well-coached and play disciplined in a way I wish I recognized in our team.

They are not invincible. But they will not beat themselves, which I am afraid we are imminently capable of doing...

We have played with Clemson (2 pt loss), Georgia (1 pt loss), LSU (Bowl win) and Michigan (win season opener) over the last 24 months. We haven't been on a field with 'Bama since 2013. They are the benchmark, but they are not inevitable either...

FSU in 1993 was a fast, finesse team that was vulnerable to a team like ND that could brutalize them. Their defense was no match for our offensive line and Holtz made sure Ward had to chip away pass by pass instead of beating ND deep. Great game plan and a dominant performance by our offensive line.

FSU in 1993 was a fast, finesse team that was vulnerable to a team like ND that could brutalize them. Their defense was no match for our offensive line and Holtz made sure Ward had to chip away pass by pass instead of beating ND deep. Great game plan and a dominant performance by our offensive line.

Also..... Lou.

ND would be a double digit favorite on a neutral field vs the remaining 4 opponents. In theory, that gives them a little wiggle room that they don't have to play their best 4 games in a row. Obviously they still have to play well, but the gap between them and their opponents is present. All that said, current stats give ND about a 36% chance of actually winning all 4 games, even though they have a 73% chance at worst at winning each individual game.

Edited by corysold
ND would be a double digit favorite on a neutral field vs the remaining 4 opponents. In theory, that gives them a little wiggle room that they don't have to play their best 4 games in a row. Obviously they still have to play well, but the gap between them and their opponents is present. All that said, current stats give ND about a 36% chance of actually winning all 4 games, even though they have a 73% chance at worst at winning each individual game.

Only 7.5 favs vs Northwestern

From what I've seen of us vs the teams we're playing, I don't see any way any of the teams on the remaining schedule beating us. We have more talent, and are more consistent on both sides of the ball. I don't see any team that can give us a knockout punch early and make us play out of our game. That doesn't mean it cant happen, but we will rightfully be favored in every game and should win them all.

If it happens, it will be fun to see how far we've closed the gap between us and the elite.

Go Irish!

"Should" is the operative word. Notre Dame, Our Mother, pray for us!

Yes the Irish SHOULD win out but Kelly's track record scares me.

Even a 5% chance of losing each game adds up over four games. My statistics are rusty but I think that there is only a 81% probability of winning four games when a team has a 95% chance of winning each one. (.95 to the fourth?)

There is a reason that even Alabama loses a game most seasons

In a perfect world someone else would knock them off in the semis... then I think we can beat anyone else in a final game.

We win our semi and show that we belong - whether we win or lose to Bama in the finale is of less import to me. Recruiting would take a major jump for us if we stay in the conversation and show up.

We win our semi and show that we belong - whether we win or lose to Bama in the finale is of less import to me. Recruiting would take a major jump for us if we stay in the conversation and show up.

Would also show nice progress if we showed up in a new years 6 bowl and pummeled a big name squad too. Obviously not as much as a playoff win, but a nice consolation if we do drop a game or 2 down the stretch