***THE OFFICIAl Irish vs Midshipmen Gameday Thread!***

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tuned back in. Throwing it on 2 and 2 when you’re up. Good play call. Also, I’m completely sick of hearing about how Nd respects the academy. RUN UP THE ****ING SCORE. Navy is the closest thing ND gets to a gimme and somehow it never looks easy. ****ing idiotic.

Amazing how Navy has not committed one holding penalty all game, yet we have against much smaller slower players. Maybe it's just me but it seems like we always get the short end of the officiating stick against these guys, I just hate playing them.

Amazing how Navy has not committed one holding penalty all game, yet we have against much smaller slower players. Maybe it's just me but it seems like we always get the short end of the officiating stick against these guys, I just hate playing them.

There were some definite holds on that last possession. Just about every pass play I could see some jersey being grabbed.

Edited by ELDER06

I think the announcers tried to make the game seem close, but let’s be honest, it was never in doubt. It wasn’t a great 2nd Half, while I’m glad DT only has a sprain, he’s still going to be out at least 2-4 weeks, which has me much more worried about NW.

The good thing is NW isn’t sneaking up on ND and the Offense looks back in sync.

Edited by ELDER06
Did Kelly tell them at half time to ease off as he didnt want to embarrass Navy. How can our D go from complete domination to looking like a Div 3 defense.

Losing Tranquil was huge. He’s not only the leader, but he’s the QB of the Defense.

Feels like ND went into cruise control mode part way into the third quarter. I should be happy with a three score win but not really against what was a 2-5 team having a down season while this team was undefeated with playoff aspirations.

I hate to go all sour grapes but I had my expectations set a little higher this year.

Second half coaching was terrible.. why is ND running tempo up 22 going into the 4 th qtr?? Run the stinking clock and get the players off the field!! Don’t those goofballs know that every extra play that is run against these guys is a chance for injury?? I just don’t get it......