Northwestern Game - Kickoff Time Announced

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The last one finished under the lights. The next one will start under them.<br><br>The 'Cats will kick off on Nov. 3 at Ryan Field against <a href="

">@NDFootball</a> at 6:15pm or 6:30pm CT, on ABC or ESPN (TBD after 10/27 games).<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/B1GCats?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#B1GCats</a> <a href="https://t.co/Cwk5wWYD3f">pic.twitter.com/Cwk5wWYD3f</a></p>— Northwestern Football (@NUFBFamily) <a href="
">October 22, 2018</a></blockquote>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was really hoping for 2:30PM or even 11:00AM. The Alabama/LSU game will definitely be a 7:00PM kickoff.

I can’t stand night games that should be at 2:30.

ND/Michigan, sure.

Bama/LSU, you bet.

ND vs Northwestern? Come on.

I don’t mind night games in general, they just need to be good match ups.

ESPN/ABC freakin always puts ND as their night game...even if ND is playing a 2-7 Boston College team...lol it's ridiculous

edit: I just had to look it up...below are a list of ND night games that ESPN/ABC has aired since 2008

- 2008: Washington, Boston College, USC (this one is fair, USC was #5 at the time), and Hawaii

- 2009: Purdue, Pitt (This one was fair since Pitt was #8 at the time), Stanford

- 2010: MSU, BC, USC

- 2011: Michigan (this one is kind of fair because it was Michigan's first game under the lights), Purdue, Wake Forest, Stanford (fine; Stanford was #4), FSU (fair, ND and FSU always a good matchup and it was a bowl game)

- 2012: MSU (fair, top 25 matchup), OU (very fair, Top 10 matchup), BC (lol wut), USC (overall 2012 season is fine since ND was in the top 10 for most of the season)

- 2013: Michigan (fair, Top 20 matchup and it's a rivalry game), Purdue, Pitt

- 2014: Syracuse, FSU (very fair, Top 5 matchup)

- 2015: Clemson (fair, Top 15 matchup), Temple (I guess)

- 2016: Texas (fair, ND was ranked #10 at the time..and a rematch from 2015)

- 2017: Miami (very fair, Top 10 matchup, heated rivalry), Stanford

- 2018: VTech (I guess), Northwestern

Lately, it looks like we've been having fewer night games lately...one factor is Fox televising the Stanford and USC home games starting I think 2015 (sans 2017)...and ND was horrible 2014 and 2016

Edited by Franco

Honest question here, How do people on the east coast watch night games. I guess the question is how do married guys with families watch these games that don’t end till sometimes midnight. I hate waiting till 5 for a night game! Let alone I am in bed by 8-9. I don’t know if I could be a sports fan on the east coast. I have slowly stopped watching every other sport besides college football. With all the baseball games and basketball games there are I just don’t know how it’s done.

Honest question here, How do people on the east coast watch night games. I guess the question is how do married guys with families watch these games that don’t end till sometimes midnight. I hate waiting till 5 for a night game! Let alone I am in bed by 8-9. I don’t know if I could be a sports fan on the east coast. I have slowly stopped watching every other sport besides college football. With all the baseball games and basketball games there are I just don’t know how it’s done.

I have to get up so early with kid that I almost always have to take a little nap to stay up for night games on east coast. Even just like 30 minutes or 1 hour if I can squeeze it in.

However, I don't think I'd ever miss a Notre Dame game even it was played at 3 a.m. every week.

Even in The central time zone I’ve missed a number of second half’s. I work at 3 AM so anything after 10 just isn’t happening. I make an exception for the big games, but ND/Northwestern? I’ll read about the second half and watch it the next day.

Forget baseball playoffs. I don’t even start those games.

Our kids love late games as we make it an event. They pick the menu and we make a fun meal for the start of the game. They generally stay up until the end. Not really an issue anymore as hockey games are no longer 7am, they are Sunday nights and rep volleyball doesn’t start until 9am.

Our kids love late games as we make it an event. They pick the menu and we make a fun meal for the start of the game. They generally stay up until the end. Not really an issue anymore as hockey games are no longer 7am, they are Sunday nights and rep volleyball doesn’t start until 9am.

What's this "hockey" game you speak of? ;)

Am I wrong that this makes it 6/12 night games? And that's assuming USC doesn't end up a night game? I hate night games that I'm not attending. I would have been pissed off all day before the ND/Michigan game this year had I not gotten a free ticket. Instead I spent the day tailgating with family and friends. Tailgating for longer is the only positive for night games, in my opinion.

Am I wrong that this makes it 6/12 night games? And that's assuming USC doesn't end up a night game? I hate night games that I'm not attending. I would have been pissed off all day before the ND/Michigan game this year had I not gotten a free ticket. Instead I spent the day tailgating with family and friends. Tailgating for longer is the only positive for night games, in my opinion.

USC will almost certainly be a night game.

We are their big bowl game at this point. Of course they’ll put it on at night. It gets their fans excited it gets their players excited. It’s also one last grasp at the stars to knock us off. They know they probably won’t beat us with a sleepy 10 am start. But with a night game where the fans can get pumped if the games close at half. Watch out. I don’t see it this year though.

We are their big bowl game at this point. Of course they’ll put it on at night. It gets their fans excited it gets their players excited. It’s also one last grasp at the stars to knock us off. They know they probably won’t beat us with a sleepy 10 am start. But with a night game where the fans can get pumped if the games close at half. Watch out. I don’t see it this year though.

I will be in attendance and have grown up about an hour from Evanston. I would be very surprised if the stadium is not atleast 60% ND fans.

I love night games because the kids are usually in bed. Makes it easier to watch.

It ain't easy, I'll tell you that!

And your sex life? Fuuuuuugeeetaboutit!

Another fair point, night games should be marquee match ups. Neither of these games are to anyone other than the fans of the teams involved.

I will say that Navy is like a 5 p.m. start on the west coast but a night game for basically the rest of the country. Actually heading to this game so kinda stoked for 5 p.m. kickoff).

I will say that Navy is like a 5 p.m. start on the west coast but a night game for basically the rest of the country. Actually heading to this game so kinda stoked for 5 p.m. kickoff).

Gonna be there as well. I prefer day games but it will be fun to tailgate this one.