Just the beginning?

corysold

If Mack didn't play in 2016, he's eligible, doesn't matter why he didn't play.

While this is technically true, my understanding is that because he was suspended, he would have to apply for a waiver with the NCAA to gain that extra year of eligibility. I'm not sure what the odds of that waiver being approved are, though.

I am pretty sure Love is going to leave

Boykin is a 75% chance of leaving for the NFL, he has put up good numbers since Book has taken over, his stock is soaring.

Claypool and Mack should return

Kareem is 50/50, I think he will be the biggest unknown that the fanbase will be following after the end of the season.

Still, Book will be back (no way he leaves for the draft) and regardless of Boykin leaving, I think Austin will be a good replacement. I do worry a little about the secondary next year with Love more than likely leaving.

While this is technically true, my understanding is that because he was suspended, he would have to apply for a waiver with the NCAA to gain that extra year of eligibility. I'm not sure what the odds of that waiver being approved are, though.

Nope. You have 5 years to play 4 seasons. He'd need a waiver if he had played a game that suspended year with the old rules, but he is fine as long as ND wants him and he wants to come back.