If you were Wimbush........

VCDomer

What would you do? Transfer? You only played 3 games so you would preserve a year of eligibility after sitting out. Before the game BK was interviewed by Hollie Roe who asked him who's was starting. He answered that "Both QBs will play". Wimbush didn't take one snap. His demeanor on the sideline seemed like he was uninterested and uninvolved. Are there enough snaps for him now to consider riding this out. If I was him, I would transfer.

Edit: Thanks for the correction. He did redshirt already. He was on the scout team right? Transfer after this year for sure. I just don't see him playing any other position. Ball security is a question and can he just run the play? He will have a shot in the Canadian League

Edited by VCDomer

What would you do? Transfer? You only played 3 games so you would preserve a year of eligibility after sitting out. Before the game BK was interviewed by Hollie Roe who asked him who's was starting. He answered that "Both QBs will play". Wimbush didn't take one snap. His demeanor on the sideline seemed like he was uninterested and uninvolved. Are there enough snaps for him now to consider riding this out. If I was him, I would transfer.

He already redshirted so he would not preserve a year of eligibility. He has 1 year left. He's not going anywhere.

Wimbush must run something around 4.4 and is extremely shifty. He’s got some descent height and size too. I could see him making a better slot than Braxton Miller.

If he’s smart he stays at a top program, contributes, gets his degree and actually work towards a chance at playing in the NFL.

What others have said. Graduate early and transfer. But I wouldn’t just leave. He’s still one play away from getting his job back. And with BK, you never know when you might play as a qb.

But I’d be looking somewhere if he still wants to be a qb. Because next year PJ will be the backup.

What others have said. Graduate early and transfer. But I wouldn’t just leave. He’s still one play away from getting his job back. And with BK, you never know when you might play as a qb.

But I’d be looking somewhere if he still wants to be a qb. Because next year PJ will be the backup.

Is he though? After seeing the offense yesterday and the night and day difference, are we certain Phil won’t be next guy in if needed? That’s a jump I know, but it was like an entirely different offense yesterday when the QB can make al the throws and reads properly.

Since he only has one year of eligibility, I'd be surprised if Wimbush doesn't stay. Everybody has already crowned Book, but Wake is terrible.

Let's see how he does under tremendous pressure, getting hit constantly. Pressure and pain effects QB performances. A perfect example

was Wake's QB, who was a freshman phenom until ND gave him a strong does of pressure and pain.

Edited by Frankus

I’d ride it out. It’s obvious that he’s not NFL material, he has a scholarship & a crucial part of a top ranked team.

Agree, He is a class act and a team player. He also sees how many top teams are using both QBs. He won't be buried on the bench going forward and he will play a big role in taking this team to the promised land. You just wait and see.

since he only has one year of eligibility, i'd be surprised if wimbush doesn't stay. Everybody has already crowned book, but wake is terrible.

Let's see how he does under tremendous pressure, getting hit constantly. Pressure and pain effects qb performances. A perfect example

was wake's qb, who was a freshman phenom until nd gave him a strong does of pressure and pain.

^^^^^

this

I'm assuming since he redshirted he's on track to graduate spring of '19. If that's the case, his decision could rest on whether he really enjoys his experience at Notre Dame and would like another year as a graduate student at ND. I'm not an NFL scout by any stretch, but it's hard for me to see him making a roster as a QB on any roster in the NFL or even the CFL for that matter.

Is he though? After seeing the offense yesterday and the night and day difference, are we certain Phil won’t be next guy in if needed? That’s a jump I know, but it was like an entirely different offense yesterday when the QB can make al the throws and reads properly.

Yeah, I think it’s all but guaranteed that Phil is the backup next year. Book made this team so much better with his ability to pass yesterday. I just don’t see how you can go back to Wimbush until you need his legs. I mean, just look at Bama and what having a guy who can pass will do for you. They look unstoppable right now.