OL was great

ErickJD08

I saw at least 2 plays in the 2nd half where the OL went one way in sort of a zone scheme and left Winovich unblocked on the back side of the play. This might have been by design, but Winovich was athletic enough to get down the line of scrimmage in time to make a play in the backfield.

I saw at least 2 plays in the 2nd half where the OL went one way in sort of a zone scheme and left Winovich unblocked on the back side of the play. This might have been by design, but Winovich was athletic enough to get down the line of scrimmage in time to make a play in the backfield.

Yep, I saw this too. Not a good game plan to just let him run free. He’s too good to go unblocked. Especially when he’s crashing EVERY down.

(his feel for the rush in the pocket now is night and day better than the end of last year - long may it continue)

On the offensive side, this was the most notable thing I saw. A few times he stepped up in the pocket and kept his eyes down field, massive improvement.

Whoever is bashing the O line is clueless......

Sounds like something that moron ACross from NDNation would say... I'm curious who the best defenses will be that we see this year... Probably would come from a list of Stanford, Wake Forest, USC, FSU... Seems like we have a fairly weak schedule this year for team defenses that we face. However, there are some offenses that could give us trouble...

Sounds like something that moron ACross from NDNation would say... I'm curious who the best defenses will be that we see this year... Probably would come from a list of Stanford, Wake Forest, USC, FSU... Seems like we have a fairly weak schedule this year for team defenses that we face. However, there are some offenses that could give us trouble...

Michigan's defense is far and away the best defense ND will face all year. The defensive line is easily the best - two of the best DEs in the entire country in Gary and Winovich.

Stanford is incredibly weak on D this year compared to past years, especially on the DLine. Their offense though will give our defense problems.

Virginia Tech lost a lot, but they looked good last night against FSU. FSU has a great secondary, but are very young in the front seven.

Northwestern has a ton of starters returning on defense, especially in the front seven.

USC gave up 308 yards rushing to UNLV... That's rushing yards. Not total yards. To UNLV.

Wake gave up 436 yards to Tulane... 5-7 Tulane from the American Athletic.

From my vantage point at the game it seemed like Michigan was bringing it and it was very concerning. The first game usually has the most mistakes. I wish we had a bigger athlete at Hainsey's spot. But like most of you, I agree it was more then adequate against maybe the best defense we see all year. I can already picture Winbush with time to throw next week and connecting on 65% of his passes.

I still stand by what I've said about our OL under Kelly, a lot of our problems come from scheme. I liked Harry as a coach, and we've had some great individual OL under Kelly, but this offense and the way it runs stinks.

Play calling lends itself to zero rhythm gametime. The OL usually doesn't get the opportunity to fire out and impose their will. Run plays are very slow developing. Everything is a grab bag, chunk type plays, and rarely sustained drives.

I still stand by what I've said about our OL under Kelly, a lot of our problems come from scheme. I liked Harry as a coach, and we've had some great individual OL under Kelly, but this offense and the way it runs stinks.

Play calling lends itself to zero rhythm gametime. The OL usually doesn't get the opportunity to fire out and impose their will. Run plays are very slow developing. Everything is a grab bag, chunk type plays, and rarely sustained drives.

This...all of this right here is spot on.