Significant Injury Thread, Bama et al

OklahomaIrish

Injuries constantly change the landscape. I see two that really can make a difference this year. Alabama has taken two serious hits to its linebacking crew. Christopher Allen, OLB, was just lost for the season with a knee injury and they had already lost Terrell Lewis, also an OLB to an ACL tear. Their starting Offensive tackle is out up to 6 weeks with a foot fracture.

Couple this with the fact they lost 8 of 11 starters on defense to graduation and the NFL. Usually things like this are happening to us, and we are sure to take some hits, but right now our defense continues to get stronger and deeper. Alabama can't say that.

Feel free to inform us of any significant injuries to major teams.

Seems like a good resource

http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/

Thanks for that Brian. I see Michigan has 3 players that left the team. A wide receiver, running back and a tight end.

On a different note, but just as devastating, LSU is about to lose their second quarterback to transfer. Imagine us losing Phil and Liam to transfer? That would be bad.

Injuries constantly change the landscape. I see two that really can make a difference this year. Alabama has taken two serious hits to its linebacking crew. Christopher Allen, OLB, was just lost for the season with a knee injury and they had already lost Terrell Lewis, also an OLB to an ACL tear. Their starting Offensive tackle is out up to 6 weeks with a foot fracture.

Couple this with the fact they lost 8 of 11 starters on defense to graduation and the NFL. Usually things like this are happening to us, and we are sure to take some hits, but right now our defense continues to get stronger and deeper. Alabama can't say that.

Feel free to inform us of any significant injuries to major teams.

The only injury that'll mess up the Bama machine is if Saban has a heart attack and dies. They are at such a level that it's just plug and play for them. Until Sabans gone they are just automatic for the playoff at this point.

The only injury that'll mess up the Bama machine is if Saban has a heart attack and dies. They are at such a level that it's just plug and play for them. Until Sabans gone they are just automatic for the playoff at this point.

This may be true but experience is extremely important on this level and Bama has lower numbers defensively than in many years. Predicting here that they don't repeat. Hoping that young quarterback is not as good as he appeared in the NC game.

At this stage injuries haven't really had a chance to mount, but the Texas Longhorns could be missing 10 players for their opener with Maryland. You might remember Maryland shocked the Longhorns last year and may well do it again. Several of the missing players have left the team.

Are you saying Tom Herman might not be the answer at Texas?

Are you saying Tom Herman might not be the answer at Texas?

Way too early to predict that. In fact I'm predicting victory for the Longhorns over Oklahoma. They should have won last year and they will be sky high this year with both their experienced quarterbacks returning while OU must replace Baker Mayfield. A huge game here in the Sooner state.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see anything official but Virginia Tech had several defenders leave the game tonight. Didn't look like any acl's but they are beat up.

Of course we lose MTA but it isn't for the entire year and we have great depth on the interior of our defensive line. It might even be a blessing as we play Ademoila on the second unit. He's quality and can use the reps. Injuries will change the course of this season as they always do. So far things are going great for us. Next few games won't be as physical.

I was at the game Saturday night and was blown away with the way the stadium looks and how loud it was. When Michigan had the ball on our end of the stadium I screamed until I almost passed out. Did my duty to make it difficult for them to hear the snap count.

I think we are on the verge of tremendous things in recruiting. I'm sure we had a lot of great recruits at this game. They had to be blown away. The campus is not matched by any other institution in the country. The activities on campus are endless, entertaining and inspiring. We are using these game days to recruit in all sports. Muffet was supposed to have 3 of the top 10 recruits in the country at this game. Hopefully Brey used this event as well. MAN IT IS GREAT TO BE IRISH!!!!!