ND #11 in Preseason Coaches Poll

tneun89

ND: #11

Stanford: #13

Michigan: #14

USC: #15

Virginia Tech: #17

Florida State: #19

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PRESEASON COACHES POLL<br><br>1 Alabama (61)<br>2 Clemson (3)<br>3 Ohio St (1)<br>4 UGA<br>5 OU<br>6 UW<br>7 Wisconsin<br>8 Miami<br>9 PSU<br>10 Auburn<br>11 ND<br>12 Michigan St<br>13 Stanford<br>14 Michigan<br>15 USC<br>16 TCU<br>17 VT<br>18 Miss St<br>19 FSU<br>20 WVU<br>21 Texas<br>22 Boise St<br>23 UCF<br>24 LSU<br>25 Ok St</p>— Pick Six Previews (@PickSixPreviews) <a href="

">August 2, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is total

1) It's preseason. No reliable information to go off of.

2) Coaches don't actually have time to watch other teams and evaluate properly.

3) Polls don't mean diddly, it's what happens on the field that matters.

Edit:

PS I hate college football polls

What is true is that preseason polls most often seat teams in a similar position to their finish from the previous year.....

That seems to perfectly describe our placement....

As well as alabama--Clemson, Ohio state etc.....

Always a few underperformers from the previous season show up.....Michigan for example....

But essentially we are picking up where we left off in January,,,,nothing really wrong with that IMO

aloha

I'm a firm believer that you schedule a championship team just as much as you recruit one. You think it's an accident that bama has so many weak teams on their schedule? That rivalry games are preceeded by a bye or a citadel? Look what we did to USC with an extra week of prep.

Not a ton of scary teams on clemsons schedule and while the big ten looks strong according to the pre season rankings, OSU seems to schedule like bama in that they give themselves a breather before big games. Never a murderers row with those guys. And don't get me started on Georgia's schedule.

I also wanna see Clemson or fsu come to south bend in November. I believe those warm weather schools have an unfair advantage of never having to game prep for bad conditions. We've kicked Miami's butt 3 times recently in cold weather. even our 4 win team beat them but they crush us down south. They then go on to lose to pitt in cold weather weather. Coincidence?

Our Navy games should be preceded with a bye and Stanford and usc shouldbe following games with ball state and liberty.

Friday's ESPN College Football Live listed the preseason coaches top ten poll. Whereapon Marcus Spears was asked.the most overrated team from that poll. He proceeded to name Notre Dame as his most overrated team. Among his reasons he listed meatchkin and FSU as road games. But wait, the Irish.were not even listed in the top ten. So much for their level of analysis.

I'm a firm believer that you schedule a championship team just as much as you recruit one. You think it's an accident that bama has so many weak teams on their schedule? That rivalry games are preceeded by a bye or a citadel? Look what we did to USC with an extra week of prep.

Not a ton of scary teams on clemsons schedule and while the big ten looks strong according to the pre season rankings, OSU seems to schedule like bama in that they give themselves a breather before big games. Never a murderers row with those guys. And don't get me started on Georgia's schedule.

I also wanna see Clemson or fsu come to south bend in November. I believe those warm weather schools have an unfair advantage of never having to game prep for bad conditions. We've kicked Miami's butt 3 times recently in cold weather. even our 4 win team beat them but they crush us down south. They then go on to lose to pitt in cold weather weather. Coincidence?

Our Navy games should be preceded with a bye and Stanford and usc shouldbe following games with ball state and liberty.

You got your wish. November 10th against FSU