Chip Long to Bama???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems telling if the team loses both coordinators after one season. 1) Is Kelly too difficult to work for? 2) Is it clear his time is coming to an end? 3) Does the university make it clear to coaches that they have no interest in consistently competing for a NC? 4) Do coaches realize that the standards of ND make it too difficult to compete year in and year out with the top Power 5 schools?

I just don’t see the commitment to dominance for ND in football. I’ll always be a fan but maybe it’s time to accept we won’t see a dynasty like program anytime soon, if ever.

At least Coney and Tillery are back and the team could have a strong year if they find a QB who can hit a moving target consistently.

Bama boards are saying that he has interviewed for the position.

If true, he should be relieved of duties immediately.

Why? You want to pigeonhole every coach and prevent them from advancing their career? That's a good way to line up future coaches.

Good thing the only think you coach is pocket pool in your mom's basement!!

Would not put much faith in Alabama boards and SB Nation, which also said Pollian and Lea would follow Elko to Texas A&M. How'd that work out?

For the latest on caching changes, I trust Scoop.com.

Not a word on Long sniffing the Alabama job there but they are reporting Hugh Freeze was in the house interviewing for the OC job today.

There are a lot of experts on here that think they know how capable or incapable coaches and coordinators are. All I would say about Chip Long is that Ala is interested. Enough said.

I think there is enough evidence to suggest that Brian Kelly isn't exactly fun to work with/for! Even he realizes it now.

If I were Swarbrick, I would have already started compiling a list of potential home run HC candidates. The second that one of them seems like a viable option with confirmed interest, Kelly would be gone. I am not a fan of firing him till the supposed upgrade is in line to step in.

No one wants him and we don't have the balls or common sense to get rid of him! This is what happens once again with overzealous AD's who oversign and extend the contracts of coaches who haven't won anything yet. Now the PTB are afraid of another scenario of paying a fired coach and a new coach like we did Weis and Ty. How the **** do we have one of the best business schools in the nation, but continue to make **** poor business decisions?!

Because it's not a business man making the decisions, it's a damn Lawyer!

Why? You want to pigeonhole every coach and prevent them from advancing their career? That's a good way to line up future coaches.

Good thing the only think you coach is pocket pool in your mom's basement!!

Advancing their career? It's a lateral move for the same position at another school. Are you fvcking stupid or what? We aren't talking about a promotion here.

There are a lot of experts on here that think they know how capable or incapable coaches and coordinators are. All I would say about Chip Long is that Ala is interested. Enough said.

I think there is enough evidence to suggest that Brian Kelly isn't exactly fun to work with/for! Even he realizes it now.

If I were Swarbrick, I would have already started compiling a list of potential home run HC candidates. The second that one of them seems like a viable option with confirmed interest, Kelly would be gone. I am not a fan of firing him till the supposed upgrade is in line to step in.

They did that last season. Rhule was the biggest name. No one wants to come to a place that doesn't want to win.

Edited by Handsome Jack

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OleMiss?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#OleMiss</a> HC Hugh Freeze did met with Nick Saban today. The hunch here is Saban promotes from within for his OC vacancy... FWIW Alabama hired Freeze’s old OC from OleMiss Dan Werner as an offensive analyst last year. Werner took the South Carolina QB coach job last week.</p>— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/953106477962506240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2018</a></blockquote>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why? If you interview somewhere else, do you expect to be fired immediately? Not how the world works, bro..

According to Brian Kelly in the past, it was his policy that interviewing for a lateral position was not acceptable. So either Kelly has changed his position on that matter or it is a "toothless" policy.

According to Brian Kelly in the past, it was his policy that interviewing for a lateral position was not acceptable. So either Kelly has changed his position on that matter or it is a "toothless" policy.

I guess it depends on how Kelly defines lateral. Personally I think the OC at Alabama would be a promotion for Long.

Long didn`t make the top five and was never considered.

Mat Canada is on the list but it looks like it is between Mike Locksley and Jim McElwain with Locksley in the lead.

Saban is an A..hole and almost impossible to last more than 2 years even if they are making $1.8 million.

Just guesses and information from my golfing buddies. Don`t make any side bets.

AlabamaDuck

I guess it depends on how Kelly defines lateral. Personally I think the OC at Alabama would be a promotion for Long.

Yeah, you might be right. It may be to the point now that a lateral move to an sec team or Ohio State, etc. is actually a promotion.

Kind of like a welcome to the big boys moment. Do your internship at a small time program like ND and get promoted to the real deal if you do well.

Long didn`t make the top five and was never considered.

Mat Canada is on the list but it looks like it is between Mike Locksley and Jim McElwain with Locksley in the lead.

Saban is an A..hole and almost impossible to last more than 2 years even if they are making $1.8 million.

Just guesses and information from my golfing buddies. Don`t make any side bets.

AlabamaDuck

Amazing to see some of these names - civilians like me have no idea what in regard the professionals hold some of the McElwains of the coaching fraternity. Thanks.