If I want to share something interesting but not on public forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, the rumor had to do with Jim Harbaugh and or David Shaw. This came from premium NFL boards.

The Colts conducted a secret interview with a college coach on monday. It was speculated to be Harbaugh or Shaw. Turns out that the interview DID happen but it turned out to be Matt Rhule from Baylor.

Also, apparently Rhule is very respected not only in the cfb but also in the NFL. The NFL guys think he will be the next coach at ND if and when Kelly leaves.

This all went public and last night. Now you see why I was hesitant to just post the rumor. Those of you who were truly interested, thank you for being polite. If and when I hear something interesting again, I will just PM you guys.

Guys, the rumor had to do with Jim Harbaugh and or David Shaw. This came from premium NFL boards.

The Colts conducted a secret interview with a college coach on monday. It was speculated to be Harbaugh or Shaw. Turns out that the interview DID happen but it turned out to be Matt Rhule from Baylor.

Also, apparently Rhule is very respected not only in the cfb but also in the NFL. The NFL guys think he will be the next coach at ND if and when Kelly leaves.

This all went public and last night. Now you see why I was hesitant to just post the rumor. Those of you who were truly interested, thank you for being polite. If and when I hear something interesting again, I will just PM you guys.

Considering Ruhle coached in the NFL before taking over as HC at Temple, this would not be earth shattering news. Harbaugh, having played QB for the Colts has been a persistent rumor since their Bowl game when at the scUM presser, he was asked about it. And David Shaw is linked to just about every NFL HC job as soon as it becomes available. If you paid money to get that "confidential info" well, I just don't know what more to write.

Considering Ruhle coached in the NFL before taking over as HC at Temple, this would not be earth shattering news. Harbaugh, having played QB for the Colts has been a persistent rumor since their Bowl game when at the scUM presser, he was asked about it. And David Shaw is linked to just about every NFL HC job as soon as it becomes available. If you paid money to get that "confidential info" well, I just don't know what more to write.

Nobody knew that the Colts conducted a secret interview with a college coach. Even the NFL network guys. I thought it was interesting on who it may have been. I also thought it was interesting on who they think the next coach at ND may be. If you don't find that interesting, why be a jerk? Just don't bother to teply.

No, I didn't pay for it as I'm not a member of any premium boards but i happened to stumble on this in another manner.

Edited by Handsome Jack
Nobody knew that the Colts conducted a secret interview with a college coach. Even the NFL network guys. I thought it was interesting on who it may have been. I also thought it was interesting on who they think the next coach at ND may be. If you don't find that interesting, why be a jerk? Just don't bother to teply.

No, I didn't pay for it as I'm not a member of any premium boards bit u happened to stumble on this in another manner.

I knew about it and apparently you did to. I have some colts connections among others. Maybe the nfl network guys need to get a premium subscription like you. Nice thread though #nothingburger.:grin:

Apparently I am not as connected as everyone else so this was new to me. Thanks for the info.

I like Ruhle, but it's kinda sh1tty to bolt on Baylor now. He knew what he was getting into with the violations, but still took the job.

Also, what connection does Ruhle have with ND? I could see him taking over at Penn St if/when Franklin leaves.

ND sent feelers out to many coaches during the season last year in case they decided to move on from BK or vice versa. Rhule was one of the few that was extremely interested and I guess really hit it off with ND'S people.

ND sent feelers out to many coaches during the season last year in case they decided to move on from BK or vice versa. Rhule was one of the few that was extremely interested and I guess really hit it off with ND'S people.

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.oXxopCZX7NzQcMswyuuOAgHaHa&pid=Api

Lets just think about that for a moment.

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.oXxopCZX7NzQcMswyuuOAgHaHa&pid=Api

Lets just think about that for a moment.

Ok. I guess Natduzzi and Dantonio being the other 2 is bullsh1t to. Thanks for the contribution but I didn't pull this out of thin air.

I'll take Rhule over AL Golden, who was the first coach Swarbrick called when BK interviewed for the Eagles, any day.

Edited by Handsome Jack
Ok. I guess Natduzzi and Dantonio being the other 2 is bullsh1t to. Thanks for the contribution but I didn't pull this out of thin air.

I'll take Rhule over AL Golden, who was the first coach Swarbrick called when BK interviewed for the Eagles, any day.

Ok dude.

I'm gonna send feelers out to jessica biel just in case my wife leaves me or vice versa. Is that what we do now?

Ok dude.

I'm gonna send feelers out to jessica biel just in case my wife leaves me or vice versa. Is that what we do now?

While I dont know whether there is any truth to that, those are two coaches i would expect to be on a short list and relatively available.

While I dont know whether there is any truth to that, those are two coaches i would expect to be on a short list and relatively available.

Im just giving hj a hard time. I dont buy that swarbrick was out vetting a bunch of potential coaches and then dont make a move however.

Same here. Culture fit is probably bigger at ND than it is at almost any other school because of all of the restrictions. A coach REALLY has to buy into what ND is selling to be successful.

That said, if BK pulls another ten win season this year I do think NFL teams will be giving him a hard look, especially turning over great coordinators. The ability to win with staff changes impresses NFL teams, it says that a coach is competent on his own and able to win quickly. ND is smart to be having talks, I think that barring an eight win season Kelly is probably coming to an end of his time at ND. If it is under eight wins it will likely be the administration that starts the gentle nudge. Eight or nine wins and we probably all remain in limbo.

That's just my gut though. I am sure Kelly would like to move on, it seems like fundraising and recruiting are two things he prefers not to do and the NFL has neither of those things.

That said, I do think that with ND structured the way it is, 10 wins is probably the ceiling for nearly any modern coach. A Saban or a Meyer might be able to break that ceiling because recruits will come play for them where a recruit might normally shun ND, that aside though, I think 10 is as much as you can ask with an occasional miracle year like 2012.

Im just giving hj a hard time. I dont buy that swarbrick was out vetting a bunch of potential coaches and then dont make a move however.

Frankly that's exactly what he should be doing as AD, especially given last years results. Perhaps JS was preparing to can BK, maybe he was going to but was over ruled by the PTB because of the buyout etc that JS was ironically responsible for plus the extension. JS gets over ruled and tells BK he has to hire outside his comfort zone with new coordinators or else.

I doubt that's what happened, but AD's should always be evaluating current and future coaches in case sudden change is needed. Gauging interest from those coaches through various channels absolutely should be carried out so you have an idea of who would be interested should a job arise.

Does this have anything to do with the Elston rumor? Good poster on TOS is suggesting that Elston may be heading to his alma mater. Hopefully it's not true. Just curious if anyone on here had heard anything of the sort.

Well, I can't blame him for that. Who wouldn't want to go back to where they graduated from and....[googles "Mike Elston"]....Oh, God no. No. Just no. Noooope. I don't care what he's done for ND, he goes there and he's dead to all of us.

/ ;)