Re: Foster Farms Bowl / Kirk Barrow C (Purdue)

simontonlake

Hometown:

Mishawaka, Ind.

High School:

Marian

Height / Weight:

6-2 / 305

A three-star recruit rated as the No. 46 OG nationally, No. 8 overall recruit in Indiana and No. 107 regionally by ESPN.com.

• Listed as the No. 1 center in Indiana, the No. 5 center in region and the nation's No. 16 center and a three-star recruit by Scout.com.

Anyone know if he was recruited by ND?

I know this sounds crazy but 6’2”, 305 is too small for ND.

Like other positions the Center spot has its own “profile” players must meet and 6’2” too short for almost every big time program for the OL.

Not by much, though. Braxston Cave was 6'3"/304. And he was a finalist on a lot of awards lists.

This is what makes recruiting such a crap shoot and why he had weak offers. He very well may have a lot of potential to be very good, but playing at Marian, he is playing at a 3A school and his competition is extremely weak. So, does ND roll the dice and take a chance? No way. Their odds of success are much better going after a higher profile player.

I know this sounds crazy but 6’2”, 305 is too small for ND.

Like other positions the Center spot has its own “profile” players must meet and 6’2” too short for almost every big time program for the OL.

I've always preferred shorter centers that can get into the chest of a DL and get under his pads and push him around.

I don't know much about Barrow but Cave played with the edge of a bigger center and was a smart player.

Not really relevant but both are undersized by NFL standards.

Really? Ryan Kallil was 2nd round draft pick, 5 time pro bowler, and 2 time all pro at 6'2", 300 lbs.

Rodney Hudson is also a pro bowler this year at 6'2", 300.

Edited by Rocket's Revenge