I had to Google to see if Kelly ever played ball, didn't know he did. If you Google "Did Brian Kelly play football" the picture it brings up is freaking priceless.

I believe Kelly played LB at a small school...Assumption or something equally religious sounding

I believe Kelly played LB at a small school...Assumption or something equally religious sounding

Yeah I saw that, what gave me a chuckle was the accompanying picture when I searched was one of the purple face images. It also looked like someone took the time to do a mashup of him and Jimmy Johnson, they might share some DNA (And nothing else).

Yah not like they ever walked into Notre Dame Stadium and beat a highly favoured Irish team....

I think they won the big10 that year eh?

I can not wait for that re-match.. I was so pissed in '14 when these kids gave up after the ASU game and lost to Louisville and NW. I hope Brian Kelly hangs 50 on the Wildcats next year.

With Sonny Dykes getting hired by SMU, he became the fifth active head coach never to play college football. (Dykes played baseball at Texas Tech)

So far we have four of the five: Sonny Dykes, Dave Cutcliffe, Paul Johnson, and Mike Leach

We are missing the last one.

Guesses that are not right:

Chip Kelly played DB at the University of New Hampshire

Clay Helton played QB at Auburn and Houston

Brian Kelly played at Assumption

Dantonio played for the Gamecock

I think its the guy from UAB Clark but I'm not sure who you are going for

I think that Bill Clark who attended Jacksonville State might be the sixth active coach in FBS who did not play college football.

So far we have:

Sonny Dykes,

Dave Cutcliffe,

Paul Johnson,

Mike Leach,

Chad Morris,

Bill Clark