A voice from the wilderness

I am one of those members who rarely post but enjoy the site very much. I just finished watching a replay of last night's game (missed it due to work). I have been an Irish fan my entire life. My Dad use to tell me stories about the Leahy era and how special it was. I grew up in the Parseghian/Devine era and fondly remember 1966 and 1977. Having said that, I think the posters have been very kind in their analysis of last night (sorry Speedster). As this debacle unfolded in the first half, Kelly appeared dumbstruck on the sideline. He appeared clueless as to how to fix what he was observing on the field. I fear his inability to lead us in "big games" precludes us from being a legitimate contender for a championship. I hope I am wrong. Sorry for the length of the post and thank you for your patience.

Big games are not suited to Kelly. I believe Richt was quoted in his PC that he could hear in his headset, his D coaches basically predicting our next play based on personnel and formation. How many times have we heard this over the years, the predicatbleness of our offense?

Like you said, "dumbstruck", is very appropriate. The "oh ****, they know what we're running" face may even be more accurate.

Big games are not suited to Kelly. I believe Richt was quoted in his PC that he could hear in his headset, his D coaches basically predicting our next play based on personnel and formation. How many times have we heard this over the years, the predicatbleness of our offense?

Like you said, "dumbstruck", is very appropriate. The "oh ****, they know what we're running" face may even be more accurate.

Yup unfortunately we've seen that dumbstruck look too many times over the last 8 seasons. Never expected bama 2012 part 2 last night but that's exactly what we saw, Kelly can't win on the biggest stages and never will at this level

Yup unfortunately we've seen that dumbstruck look too many times over the last 8 seasons. Never expected bama 2012 part 2 last night but that's exactly what we saw, Kelly can't win on the biggest stages and never will at this level

Tough away games against good teams goes a little like this for our first drives. Pussyfoot around with a run then take low percentage long shots down the field in the hope of scoring right away and taking the crowd out of the game. Problem is if we don't make those then we didn't achieve the goal, which is kind of a false premise anyhow. Then the problem is, what do we do now because we put all our eggs in this basket and have no plan B and are grab bagging it the rest of the way hoping something else may work.

I mean the team has to see this right? The "oh **** that didn't work, what do we do now" look.

That play might have worked if ESB wasnt a lazy route runner that fights for catches.

He has been such a disappointment. Much like the rest of the receivers.

Claypool's drop on the opening drive was soul destroying. A QB like Wimbush has basically no margin for error and when his receivers drop balls like that we are screwed. He catches that and we are driving, taking the crowd out of the game and I genuinely think we have a completely different game. Likewise the bomb to EQ. I just don't think he runs hard enough for these passes and puts it all on the line. That ball looked good in the air and he doesn't even dive for it, again. He was wide open so that is on Wimbush.

EQ also has to go down as a drop for the first INT even though the pass was not good.

Edited by Soko
He has been such a disappointment. Much like the rest of the receivers.

Claypool's drop on the opening drive was soul destroying. A QB like Wimbush has basically no margin for error and when his receivers drop balls like that we are screwed. He catches that and we are driving, taking the crowd out of the game and I genuinely think we have a completely different game. Likewise the bomb to EQ. I just don't think he runs hard enough for these passes and puts it all on the line. That ball looked good in the air and he doesn't even dive for it, again. He was wide open so that is on Wimbush.

EQ also has to go down as a drop for the first INT even though the pass was not good.

The driving question in my mind the whole first half, “why didn’t he lay out for that pass”?

Great statement, btw. BW does have a pathetically small to no margin for error.

I still firmly believe BW lost this game by not executing a simple plan.

However, he needs to be woken up quick. If he cannot change his horsesh-t fundamentals &costs us another game, what’s the next step?