Thoughts after waking up from my stupor

I recommend Old Grand Dad 114 proof or Fighting cokk 103 proof bourbon for nights like last night. They are great to sip and really numbs the pain and humiliation. At the end, it was more funny than anything.

Miami could have at least used lube on us if they were going to pound us like that.

Miami's speed is not why they destroyed us. They aren't any faster or more talented than Georgia. And we are plenty fast ourselves. We had a terrible game plan that the players did not believe in. You run right at a fast defense to negate it, not away from it. You hit quick hitting runs and passes, not slow developing. Stupid.

Once again ND comes out scared and tentative in a big road game. What a shock.

Brian Kelly is the QB killer. Wimbush is just the latest. And what a panic move by benching him.

I'm afraid Elko has been figured out already.

I'm ready for Kelly to just move on. Do we really need a 9th year of this stuff?

ND has not won a major bowl in 23 years and that will turn to 24 this year. Could you imagine playing Auburn? They would murder us.

Here is a video of me, a lady and some friends after the first half last night:

Yup

No screens counters or misdirections

No quick slants

****** prep and game plan

We ran a slant late in the first half that my infant child could have picked up. I genuinely think I would have read that and scored myself.

Our QB might be the fastest one in CFB but we don’t design anything to get him moving. We needed first downs, anything to slow the game down. It was a terrible game plan from Long and Kelly.

I'm kind of wondering if they didn't pull Wimbush from the game simply to allow him to gather himself. He seems engaged during the huddles and stuff. He looked LOST save for the one scoring drive where it was like he woke up long enough to run one in.

You know, I coached defense on my kids football team for a couple years. We played the best team in the league.... they didn't lose for 3 or 4 years straight, and I believe nobody scored on them one year. Anyway, we played them first game of the season. The scored was upper 40's to zero. Nada. It was BAD. Like embarrassingly bad. I would say they ran the score up, but it legit could've been in the 70's. I'm actually not sure how they kept the score in the 40's. Of course being ****** middle school coaches we panicked and changed the entire defense in the course of 3 days. Local high school coach approaches us and asks why we changed our defense. He proceeds to explain that even when you get your *** kicked, you don't set everything on fire and make a major overhaul. It's one game in the season. That's the approach I'm going to take with this loss.

ND flat out got thumped by a team who is playing GREAT football right now. ND was playing great football a couple weeks ago. Hopefully they get back to practice this week and get a W next week against a team who's been a giant pain in the *** the past few season.

Brandon is not ready. The wake forest game in which they used as a practice was proof. Wimbush can run from some teams but not these southern boys that go all out. They just rushed him and watched him throw INTs.

And adams was being adams again. When the going gets tough, ball up in a corner and wait for the next game.

This butt kicking was a long time coming. We are a flawed team offensively.

Call me crazy but i never been a fan of being in the playoffs if you are not a true playoff calibre team.

We're a second tier program if I'm being honest. I'd rather finish the season strong and win a good bowl game then get hammered in the playoffs because the stars aligned for us to get in.

Call me crazy but i never been a fan of being in the playoffs if you are not a true playoff calibre team.

This x100.

I'd rather play somebody we match up correctly against in the bowl season and see a good game. Getting your **** pushed in doesn't really gain you anything. Kind of like last night. How do you watch the film and gleam anything to teach? Might be better to flush it and focus on the triple option. I hate you Navy.... I really do.

I'm kind of wondering if they didn't pull Wimbush from the game simply to allow him to gather himself. He seems engaged during the huddles and stuff. He looked LOST save for the one scoring drive where it was like he woke up long enough to run one in.

I think Kelly pulled Wimbush because, instead of showing some grit in the face of adversity and using Wimbush's skills to figure out how to move the ball against Miami, Kelly thought he could go back to the pre-2017 years and pass his way back into the game. He got disabused of that notion very quickly and dug himself even a deeper hole. It was a panic move by him, and like most panic moves, it failed miserably.

Frankus, it certainly played out the way you described it. Even if the intentions were good, it didn't end up good. Wimbush's inability to throw the ball has finally caught up to the team. Can't throw, can't run=can't win. Game plan was not a good one either though. Too effing slow on the runs.

Frankus, it certainly played out the way you described it. Even if the intentions were good, it didn't end up good. Wimbush's inability to throw the ball has finally caught up to the team. Can't throw, can't run=can't win. Game plan was not a good one either though. Too effing slow on the runs.

Tim Tebow couldn't throw either but they designed an offense to take advantage of his running ability. Wimbush is a fine runner but we don't have the coaching staff to do anything with it.

Yes finish 9-2 and get matched against Ohio State or Penn State and lose by 30 cause if we win thats who we will be paired against for tv ratings. And if really lucky maybe we get Auburn. To win a bowl game we need to lose another game so we get paired against a lesser foe. One where we won’t get so outcoached.

Brandon is not ready. The wake forest game in which they used as a practice was proof. Wimbush can run from some teams but not these southern boys that go all out. They just rushed him and watched him throw INTs.

And adams was being adams again. When the going gets tough, ball up in a corner and wait for the next game.

This butt kicking was a long time coming. We are a flawed team offensively.

We're a second tier program if I'm being honest. I'd rather finish the season strong and win a good bowl game then get hammered in the playoffs because the stars aligned for us to get in.

Thanks for clarifying. I’m glad to know it’s the boys’ fault. I was almost starting to think it might be the coach who has never had a quarterback progress at ND, who has zero patience for the run game, and who thinks that the answer to turnovers in the passing game and a jumpy quarterback is to pass the ball more.

The second biggest flaw in our offense is our passing. The biggest flaw is the idiots who cannot successfully call power offense plays for 13 consecutive games.

And frankly, you can **** right off with your criticism of Adams. I can only hope your Kelly fandom means you move along when he does.

Thanks for clarifying. I’m glad to know it’s the boys’ fault. I was almost starting to think it might be the coach who has never had a quarterback progress at ND, who has zero patience for the run game, and who thinks that the answer to turnovers in the passing game and a jumpy quarterback is to pass the ball more.

The second biggest flaw in our offense is our passing. The biggest flaw is the idiots who cannot successfully call power offense plays for 13 consecutive games.

And frankly, you can **** right off with your criticism of Adams. I can only hope your Kelly fandom means you move along when he does.

And out of all of the OC'S out there to choose from and having a chance to get the offense right.....why the hell would you hire Chip freaking Long? He was the play caller at Memphis.......and in name only.

Fvck you Brian Kelly.

Too much blame on coaches and not enough on the players. Miami wanted it more. Receivers were open but Wimbush was completely inaccurate and looked lost.

Some changes that I would have tried. It looks like Adams is hurt. I would have gone to McIntosh and Holmes to get more speed / big play ability. Same idea with CJ Sanders. I would find a way to get him involved on offense. Simply jet sweeps or reverses and screens. Too much speed and elusiveness to be completely left out.