Miami, FL Prediction Thread

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I called for 49-19 over USC in honor of the '77 team and we got close with that one at 49-14...

I don't want to see a re-run of '89 (obviously) and '88 was a classic, but I am no longer a kid and don't need that level of stress!

Let's kick the tires on another classic that gets overlooked alot...'90 and let's call it as:

ND 29

UM 20

...but instead of a late 4th quarter turnover to seal it, let's get a 29-14 lead going into the final seconds and give up a garbage time TD to make it respectable (with an obligatory 2-pt play defensed in the right corner of the endzone!)!

In all seriousness, games like this - late season match-ups with title implications were the norm when Lou and Ara were coaching and we haven't had a lot of that since, so I am going to savor the experience, be completely hammered by kick off and hope to celebrate instead of night cap away my sorrows...

Go Irish.

Beat 'Canes!

Well...I called for 49-19 over USC in honor of the '77 team and we got close with that one at 49-14...

I don't want to see a re-run of '89 (obviously) and '88 was a classic, but I am no longer a kid and don't need that level of stress!

Let's kick the tires on another classic that gets overlooked alot...'90 and let's call it as:

ND 29

UM 20

...but instead of a late 4th quarter turnover to seal it, let's get a 29-14 lead going into the final seconds and give up a garbage time TD to make it respectable (with an obligatory 2-pt play defensed in the right corner of the endzone!)!

In all seriousness, games like this - late season match-ups with title implications were the norm when Lou and Ara were coaching and we haven't had a lot of that since, so I am going to savor the experience, be completely hammered by kick off and hope to celebrate instead of night cap away my sorrows...

Go Irish.

Beat 'Canes!

I like your thinking. Less stress and make it a comfortable win.

While these types of teams we usually struggle with, I'm thinking back to last year when we were pounding them something like 28-7 before our atrocious D and a few untimely S-T errors got them back in the game.

They are better this year, but so is our D

31-27 Irish

ND is highly ranked, on the road, game in prime time. Kelly needs this game to get the "can't win a big meaningful game" monkey off his back.

With Kelly's track record I'm saying...........

ND-34

Miami-35

Hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about the outcome.

Edited by ndmike88
ND is highly ranked, on the road, game in prime time. Kelly needs this game to get the "can't win a big meaningful game" monkey off his back.

ND-34

Miami-35

Mark Ritch has that same moniker.

ND-34

Miami-35

Think a 5 td win over what will end up being a 10 win USC team followed closely by a 3 td win over a ranked nc state team has helped rid that stigma already. If those wins didn't shed that then I don't know what will.

ND-34

Miami-35

Same comments were being made before USC. I understand where everyone is coming from, but how many big games does the team need to win to nullify these types of comments?

Same comments were being made before USC. I understand where everyone is coming from, but how many big games does the team need to win to nullify these types of comments?

Preferably one that falls outside this season. Most coaches don't need to reach their eighth season before notching signature win(s).

I wouldn't call USC a signature win if the margin of victory wasn't so great...but it was.

I will never consider a victory over NCSU a signature victory---I dont care how successful they seem this year.

Even though UGa was a loss, it meant something to keep the game so close and the outcome becomes more and more obvious as UGa solidifies themselves as serious contenders this year. I thought for sure they'd churn out yet another mediocre season.

So as of right now, signature victories include throttling USC and a very close loss to UGa. IMO "victories" don't have to necessarily be Ws.

And when we crush Miami (and we will), that will count as a signature victory too because they'll still end the season highly ranked. IMO the problem with Miami (and NCSU) is that entirely too much credit is still being given to both teams for beating FSU.

Preferably one that falls outside this season. Most coaches don't need to reach their eighth season before notching signature win(s).

I wouldn't call USC a signature win if the margin of victory wasn't so great...but it was.

I will never consider a victory over NCSU a signature victory---I dont care how successful they seem this year.

Even though UGa was a loss, it meant something to keep the game so close and the outcome becomes more and more obvious as UGa solidifies themselves as serious contenders this year. I thought for sure they'd churn out yet another mediocre season.

So as of right now, signature victories include throttling USC and a very close loss to UGa. IMO "victories" don't have to necessarily be Ws.

And when we crush Miami (and we will), that will count as a signature victory too because they'll still end the season highly ranked. IMO the problem with Miami (and NCSU) is that entirely too much credit is still being given to both teams for beating FSU.

I actually think if ND throttles Miami, then no one would view this as a signature win for Kelly. Because people will just say that Miami was never back and we just exposed them

I actually think if ND throttles Miami, then no one would view this as a signature win for Kelly. Because people will just say that Miami was never back and we just exposed them

It's possible, but I think a lot has to do with what Miami does after the loss. In 2012, we beat the 8th ranked Sooners. This would've fit the bill for an indisputable signature win, except OU shat the bed and got steamrolled by TAMu in their bowl game that year.

If Miami can win out after we beat them and perform very well in their bowl game, I'd say 100% signature win. But right now the Canes, IMO, are no different than NCSu in terms of impressive feats.

It's possible, but I think a lot has to do with what Miami does after the loss. In 2012, we beat the 8th ranked Sooners. This would've fit the bill for an indisputable signature win, except OU shat the bed and got steamrolled by TAMu in their bowl game that year.

If Miami can win out after we beat them and perform very well in their bowl game, I'd say 100% signature win. But right now the Canes, IMO, are no different than NCSu in terms of impressive feats.

IF we are being honest isn't it fair to say the "signature win" that Kelly needs is Alabama? If we are waking the echoes and what not, then you have to beat the big guys. His two opportunities (Ohio State and Alabama) were both massive let downs.

That said, his "signature" win right now has to the be the Music City Bowl, and that is sad.

IF we are being honest isn't it fair to say the "signature win" that Kelly needs is Alabama? If we are waking the echoes and what not, then you have to beat the big guys. His two opportunities (Ohio State and Alabama) were both massive let downs.

That said, his "signature" win right now has to the be the Music City Bowl, and that is sad.

Well it definitely depends on what your definition of signature win is....

There arent many, if any, teams that can beat Bama. Id be thrilled to handle our schedule with ease and notch a few close losses to the big boys. We are on track to do just that...

We were 4-8 last season. If BK has finally found the recipe for assistants, it will show when this season is over with. Right now i think we will beat the pants off Miami and lose in a respectful fashion to Bama.

And id be very happy to do so...

Brian Kelly: "Then I AM a Jedi coach..."

Yoda: "no....one thing remains....Saban....you must confront Saban..."

Brian Kelly: "master Yoda, IS Nick Saban my daddy?"

Yoda: "Until beat him you do, your daddy he is..."

Although unrelated, credit goes to Rattlesnake...this is hilarious

Well it definitely depends on what your definition of signature win is....

There arent many, if any, teams that can beat Bama. Id be thrilled to handle our schedule with ease and notch a few close losses to the big boys. We are on track to do just that...

We were 4-8 last season. If BK has finally found the recipe for assistants, it will show when this season is over with. Right now i think we will beat the pants off Miami and lose in a respectful fashion to Bama.

And id be very happy to do so...

I actually completely agree with you, that's a weird sentence to type out.