Capitalist Traitors

All good Americans should be talking about hanging communists and fascists. They're probably talking about hanging capitalists in Venezuela, but it won't happen because they can't find any there.

It was just a tongue-in-cheek comment about selling their tickets for profit, no political statements were intended. :spy:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't think ND has a chance to win games like this you shouldn't have tickets in the first place. For Christ's sake they are 4 point favorites right now- Vegas even thinks they have a good chance of winning. Why wouldn't you sell your USC ticket also then? They are ranked higher than Georgia.

That was a really dumb post.

Well, I glad you don't run the ticket lottery haha.

Carpetbaggers --:-x

On the plus side the stadium will have more noise then usual--:grin:

aloha

This is a major issue, we only seem to get descent noise when a big team comes. Our big games like USC at home are loud for ND stadium, but when comparing it to other stadiums it still doesn't compare.

I wouldn't force anyone to hold their tix. However, it is a chicken sh1t move imo. Chances are, if you're a season tix holder, you're not exactly hurting for $ to begin with. So why sell out for a few hundred bucks?

This is a huge game for the program, and it's a game they can absolutely win. IMO, selling your tix makes you a sh1tty ND fan.

I fail to see the issue. The long standing Irish fans have seen ND crap the bed in big games, and on big recruiting weekends, for years. If ND does pull it off then they have the consolation that even though they missed it in person, they got just recompense for their tickets.

I just don't see an issue here. Buying a ticket or even season tickets doesn't obligate anyone to support the team by doing anything more than... well, buying the tickets, which they already did.

I woulda sold em, plain and simple.

I wouldn't force anyone to hold their tix. However, it is a chicken sh1t move imo. Chances are, if you're a season tix holder, you're not exactly hurting for $ to begin with. So why sell out for a few hundred bucks?

This is a huge game for the program, and it's a game they can absolutely win. IMO, selling your tix makes you a sh1tty ND fan.

Easy for someone to say who isn't holding a pair of $60 tix that are currently selling for $600...

Easy for someone to say who isn't holding a pair of $60 tix that are currently selling for $600...

Selling a pair of tickets to the right game(s) pays for an entire season for the right team. ND is not that team, unfortunately. Incidentally, a huge number of Alabama season ticket holders can just drive right to the game in an hour or two tops. ND, not so much.

I fail to see the issue. The long standing Irish fans have seen ND crap the bed in big games, and on big recruiting weekends, for years. If ND does pull it off then they have the consolation that even though they missed it in person, they got just recompense for their tickets.

I just don't see an issue here. Buying a ticket or even season tickets doesn't obligate anyone to support the team by doing anything more than... well, buying the tickets, which they already did.

I woulda sold em, plain and simple.

Why buy the tickets in the first place? Again, I'm not suggesting preventing anyone from selling their tickets, it's just a b1tch azz thing to do.

Haha yeah lots of jet owners in our stands...lol

People who own jets don't resell anything.

http://wsbt.com/news/local/fans-fly-in-for-usc-notre-dame-game

And maybe the people flying in aren't reselling tickets. However, the avg season ticket holder isn't so hard up for cash, that $500 would make a difference to them.

Why bother even being a season ticket holder if you're going to bail during the big games? People selling tix to UGA supporters are awful fans. Almost as bad as the Bleacher Bum crowd on here.

Why buy the tickets in the first place? Again, I'm not suggesting preventing anyone from selling their tickets, it's just a b1tch azz thing to do.

I bought the tickets in the hope of reselling a big game if price was right and I could recoup a few more games. I donate every year for the right to enter the alumni lottery only for my alma mater to consistently raise prices year over year. If ND chooses to take advantage of the free market then I see no issue with taking advantage of the free market. Proud "b1tch azz" here gonna be at the SC game for free.

I bought the tickets in the hope of reselling a big game if price was right and I could recoup a few more games. I donate every year for the right to enter the alumni lottery only for my alma mater to consistently raise prices year over year. If ND chooses to take advantage of the free market then I see no issue with taking advantage of the free market. Proud "b1tch azz" here gonna be at the SC game for free.

Why go to any other games if you're gonna puss out for the big ones?

I assume the people that sold their tickets to this game didn't seek out only Georgia fans to sell their tickets. My thoughts are if ND fans really want to keep it to ND fans in the stands, then pony up for the "few hundred dollars". That's a lot of money to me.

I assume the people that sold their tickets to this game didn't seek out only Georgia fans to sell their tickets. My thoughts are if ND fans really want to keep it to ND fans in the stands, then pony up for the "few hundred dollars". That's a lot of money to me.

Yeah, but it's not a big deal to someone who can spend $ on a luxury item like season tix.

Don't they enforce some type of penalty if you sell your season ticket? Like they won't be able to buy them anymore? Am I wrong on this?

They used to do this in the mid-2000's. People lost ticket privileges if they were caught selling at a profit (primarily online) or if whoever bought the tickets secondhand got into any sort of trouble in the stadium. It seems to have completely fallen away, as evidenced by our new corporate partner and more aggressive pricing model.

Gone, too, are the days of applying for every game in the alumni lottery and hoping to get tickets to a couple. Season tickets are still readily available if you've got the cash.

Yeah, but it's not a big deal to someone who can spend $ on a luxury item like season tix.

Having a fair number of different season tickets, I often cannot use tickets for a given date and will post them for sale not knowing (and not really caring) who will buy them.

Doesn't make me less of a fan but just acknowledges the fact that conflicts happen. (especially when you commit to buying tickets every year, you start to not pay attention to individual game/event dates)