As bad as last year was, ND did lose 7 of their games by one score. This year poses a bit tougher schedule, but if Elko can get the defense to be at least average, that should go a long way to 8 wins. If Wimbush can play well I think ND can win 10-11.

Of course, the defense could be just as bad as last year, Wimbush could implode and it could be another 4-5 win year.

I think a big factor too is the schedule has sizzle but no steak.

Georgia and Miami are kinda just names, I am not sure either team is top 25 material right? How good is UNC going to be this year? BC, NC State, Wake, Miami Ohio, Navy, Temple...with competent QB play and a decent defense we should dispatch of these second/third team schools... The aforementioned Michigan State thing.

If the talent on this team is developed and the steroids are working, we should have a base level expectation of a 10 win season. And honestly, that should be the expectation every year given the talent on the roster... We have more talent than every team we play sans USC in just about any given year.

The great equalizer in terms of roster talent is QB play. That's how a Clemson, who averages about the 13th ranked recruiting class over a 5 year period, is able to beat Alabama.(#1 average in 5 year period) And I don't see a standout QB on our schedule outside Sam Darnold.

Georgia and Miami are kinda just names, I am not sure either team is top 25 material right? How good is UNC going to be this year? BC, NC State, Wake, Miami Ohio, Navy, Temple...with competent QB play and a decent defense we should dispatch of these second/third team schools... The aforementioned Michigan State thing.

If the talent on this team is developed and the steroids are working, we should have a base level expectation of a 10 win season. And honestly, that should be the expectation every year given the talent on the roster... We have more talent than every team we play sans USC in just about any given year.

The great equalizer in terms of roster talent is QB play. That's how a Clemson, who averages about the 13th ranked recruiting class over a 5 year period, is able to beat Alabama.(#1 average in 5 year period) And I don't see a standout QB on our schedule outside Sam Darnold.

UGA was a very young team last year and they return their 2 stud RBs. IMO, that's the game that will determine where the season goes. A win could springboard them to 9-10 wins, a loss and it's probably 6-7 wins.

I think UGA's Eason has a breakout season and that it will start with making our secondary look silly.

That's because Notre Dame doesn't care about it's football fan base. There's a total disconnect of what football means to the fanbase and what it means to the University.

They care about the $. Like I said, if the BSD alumni are unhappy, and $ dries up they'll care. But this is exactly what happens when you have priests running the show who know nothing about life in the real world. I wish ND was secular, but bc it's Catholic, you'll always have these dimwitted priests running things.

Edited by ELDER06
That's not their game. They're going to run the ball over and over with Chubb and Michel.

Oh I didn't mean that they werent going to run a lot. I just meant that once our defense is scrambling to stop the run, it will open up lanes for Eason to showcase his arm.

Oh I didn't mean that they werent going to run a lot. I just meant that once our defense is scrambling to stop the run, it will open up lanes for Eason to showcase his arm.

ND is gonna put up points in that game as well. I don't care how bad the Secondary looks as long as ND wins.

UGA's OC took a ton of heat last year with how poorly he utilized the amount of skill the team has. I'm not buying into Smart yet, either. With that being said, I think UGA has too much talent for ND unless their o line is horrible like it was in 2016.

UGA's OC took a ton of heat last year with how poorly he utilized the amount of skill the team has. I'm not buying into Smart yet, either. With that being said, I think UGA has too much talent for ND unless their o line is horrible like it was in 2016.

I don't know enough about Georgia to know what they are bringing back, but they did lose to Vanderbilt and barely beat a few really bad teams.

Notre Dame didn't do any better obviously, but I don't see Georgia as some juggernaut ND just isn't capable of competing with.

I think its a pretty tough schedule, Kelly's teams have been pretty bad at least recently in true road games and there are 5 of them this year. Personally I think he needs to go with anything less then 9 regular season wins, sadly I don't think those in power agree. I think 8 and he's safe but less than that and things could get interesting

That's not their game. They're going to run the ball over and over with Chubb and Michel.

Georgia year-in and year-out recruits one or two of the top running backs in the country. They have had amazing recruiting classes over the last decade. Their overall lack of production, given their recruiting classes, cost Richt his job there. It's still a new regime at Georgia, and in my opinion they are likely to be better this year than last just because of that.

Notre Dame has talent, entirely new offensive and defensive coordinators, and a head coach who says (cough, cough) that he'll give up play-calling during the games. It's pretty impossible to know what type of team will show up on the field. A lot of new-ness.

New regimes at two historically good football programs. In my mind it's a toss up. No idea what to expect from this game.

I think its a pretty tough schedule, Kelly's teams have been pretty bad at least recently in true road games and there are 5 of them this year. Personally I think he needs to go with anything less then 9 regular season wins, sadly I don't think those in power agree. I think 8 and he's safe but less than that and things could get interesting

A top 5 class would put the floor at 8 games, but any class ranking lower than that would push the min win total to 9.