Oops. I whiffed on that one.

davislove

We all love to remind folks of things we said regarding ND football and it came true.

What was something you totally missed on?

Don't be shy. Since Okie is posting these days we probably won't exceed the bandwidth with this thread.

I harped on Nico being a waste of space in the past. I thought he was too small to compete and would break his own shoulder trying to tackle colege sized players. I don't know if he's a starter going forward but I think he's valuable to the team.

That didn't hurt.

Ive pretty much been a big fan of all the TEs that have come in the past few years. Smythe, Weishar, and Luatua have all underwhelmed based on my expectations. Mainly Weishar, thought he'd be a major receiving threat. I was also a big fan of Trumbetti coming out of HS and he's clearly been no more than just a guy.

I thought Brian Kelly was the guy..

My feelings after Lou were that ND was just too big of a distraction to warrant any competitive football team, and after, BK said he wanted guys who love playing football regardless if there are 80 people or 80k people in the stands I thought alright.. maybe we won't recruit many of the ND Lifers who were enamored with the Golden dome and all of the stories of lore, who eventually get on campus and seemingly quit on their potential once they're handed a gold helmet and a jersey.

NOPE. we still ****ing suck. I'm still hoping for a 9-3 season and retain him(extension) that hopefully leads to a playoff berth, so I can feel like I was right all long.

I was pretty confident Rochelle was going to progress into a dominant player this year. Also was sold on the line being able to dominate and run over any opponent we had and thought Zaire was the guy, way way off on those!

I wasn't so sure about Fertitta either but boy can he hit and he's not that bad of an athlete just a little small.

Every time I hear a player "lighting it up" during spring and fall camp. I remember hearing reports that Rochelle was "unblockable"...

At the time, I thought we had an elite OLine (I think SI thought so too and ranked our OLine #1 in the country), so I thought something clicked for him and he was going to dominate...NOPE, turns out, it was our guys that couldn't block him, but literally any other OLine had no problems with Rochelle

Charlie weis was a great hire by ND.

Zach Frazer would be a stud.

Tyler Eifert was just an ok get when he signed.

BK was going to rebuild ND.

the 2014 DL class was going to build good depth along the DL.

max redfield, eddie vanderdoes and greg Bryant would all be big time studs.

I've probably had plenty

I was very very very high on Golson.

Thought he could have 3 years like Year 1, just did. I thought he was the next Russell Wilson.

He did alright, I just thought he'd be great.

Man, I was on that Golson train too. I still say his high school highlight tape was the best tape I've ever seen.

Look Golson is a big one. Everyone here thought after the UM game BVG was the second coming and Golson was the geisman. Then the solid performance against defending champs FSU with the PI call to top it off. No one knew he would pull a Crist and lose it after that game. My oops is Harrison Smith for sure, thought he was terrible at ND, then he goes on being on of the best safeties in the NFL. Big Oops.

Like may people I thought Redfield would be a stud. Hell, I thought he'd be a 1st Round pick after his Jr Year.

Anyone else remember Chris Martin, DE class of 2010? I thought he'd be a monster, like what Aaron Lynch would have been if he stayed 3 yrs at ND.

One the positive side, I thought Russell would be a bust at CB. From what I remember, he came in as a RB and moved to CB after Lo Wood blew out his achillies.

Edited by ELDER06