Contribute to Full Page Ad

cali_domer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are you saying the beat writers should just automatically side with the fans, regardless of their own thoughts and opinions? If they feel as though something is ridiculous, do you really want to pay them to ignore that feeling and just write about things with which a majority of their readership agree?

I get not paying money to read something you don't like, but the way some people on here are going after these guys, you'd think it was a sin to push something outside of the fanship's narrative.

Given the current state of credibility among the media in general....what else should we expect? The chicken or the egg? Do the beat writers want to be so radical and unique in their opinion in order to achieve some notoriety, or do they think they all know more than the rest of us who obviously don't know what we know. Either way, they pander to their ego or to the public majority at large. Poor guys... such a tough position for the generally egomaniacal press. Wait... let me dry my tears.

The thing that annoys me the most is some ND fans saying that money could have gone to feeding the homeless. What a complete non-sequitur and not even an argument.

There is a ton of money associated with the ND football team that could go towards feeding the homeless instead of trying to win some football games but I do not see any fans suggesting that ND stop spending millions on recruiting.

Given the current state of credibility among the media in general....what else should we expect? The chicken or the egg? Do the beat writers want to be so radical and unique in their opinion in order to achieve some notoriety, or do they think they all know more than the rest of us who obviously don't know what we know. Either way, they pander to their ego or to the public majority at large. Poor guys... such a tough position for the generally egomaniacal press. Wait... let me dry my tears.

The beat writers are in it for the money and access means money. They knew it was a fait accompli that Kelly was going to be back and are now ensuring their access by defending the decision. These guys are businessmen. they are never going to bite the hand that feeds them.