Contribute to Full Page Ad

cali_domer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't it feel good to publicly get this off our chest? I don't want to over do it to the point it scares off potential replacements, but it's a wake up call to the Admin that the real fan base won't stand for mediocrity.

All that said, I still hope Kelly goes undefeated in 2017 gets in the playoffs and make us look like Jack azzes.

I find it hilarious that a lot of the ND beat writers are turning their nose up at this, you would think journalists of all people would be in support of free speech and expression.

I think it's more interesting the disdain with which they speak about ND fans, you know, the people they are trying to make money from.

I saw Prister admit yesterday that siding with Kelly and Swarbrick and rail against the fans was a stupid business model for Irish Illustrated. He just doesnt care.

The thing that annoys me the most is some ND fans saying that money could have gone to feeding the homeless. What a complete non-sequitur and not even an argument.

I saw Prister admit yesterday that siding with Kelly and Swarbrick and rail against the fans was a stupid business model for Irish Illustrated. He just doesnt care.

The thing that annoys me the most is some ND fans saying that money could have gone to feeding the homeless. What a complete non-sequitur and not even an argument.

Tell that to Jill Stein.

I find it hilarious that a lot of the ND beat writers are turning their nose up at this, you would think journalists of all people would be in support of free speech and expression.

They're in the tank because they get access so they can feel a piece of that fame and fortune. That's the problem with media in general. They're too infatuated by stardom and being included in the circle of popularity than being professionals and doing their jobs.

Yeah I had an irishillustrated subscription that I cancelled yesterday. Between the acceptance of mediocrity by the program and then the ND media basically just falling in line behind Swarbrick and Kelly I'm done giving money until something changes. I may have to accept that the school is ok with mediocrity on the football field but I don't have to give money to them or to their puppets in the press who do nothing but toe the company line

Just from a business standpoint, I don't think they're necessarily against it; it's just that because their business relies on the access to Notre Dame officials for stories. I'm sure they're thinking that if they run this ad, Notre Dame will freeze them out and never give them access to ND facilities again

Just from a business standpoint, I don't think they're necessarily against it; it's just that because their business relies on the access to Notre Dame officials for stories. I'm sure they're thinking that if they run this ad, Notre Dame will freeze them out and never give them access to ND facilities again

I completely understand that and agree, but it's one thing to not be in agreement with it but they are actively railing against it to the point of mockery. Not a way to gain paying customers in my opinion but to each their own

I completely understand that and agree, but it's one thing to not be in agreement with it but they are actively railing against it to the point of mockery. Not a way to gain paying customers in my opinion but to each their own

So, are you saying the beat writers should just automatically side with the fans, regardless of their own thoughts and opinions? If they feel as though something is ridiculous, do you really want to pay them to ignore that feeling and just write about things with which a majority of their readership agree?

I get not paying money to read something you don't like, but the way some people on here are going after these guys, you'd think it was a sin to push something outside of the fanship's narrative.

So, are you saying the beat writers should just automatically side with the fans, regardless of their own thoughts and opinions? If they feel as though something is ridiculous, do you really want to pay them to ignore that feeling and just write about things with which a majority of their readership agree?

I get not paying money to read something you don't like, but the way some people on here are going after these guys, you'd think it was a sin to push something outside of the fanship's narrative.

They can write about anything they want. And by no means do I think they should just side with the fans unconditionally all the time but I also don't think they should unconditionally side with the powers that be either because I think you lose some credibility when you do either one of those things.

And all I was saying is that's it's not a smart business move to actively mock those you want to receive money from.

I think the people writing the Ad should take a lesson from Malik in class and what it means to be a team.

Yes because stating an opinion and backing that opinion up with facts because you are frustrated with the current situation is classless?

Enabling mediocrity is a scary thing.