Many of 2012 and 2013 because ineligible cheaters played and continued to play. Unbelievable. It's gonna get appealed, but I wouldn't count on it being reversed. Another black eye under Kelly's watch. JS doesn't get a clean pass either. What an embarrassment.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt/NCAA-orders-ND-to-vacate-wins-from-12-13-seasons-49181864?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161122_114541_Notre%20Dame%20Fighting%20Irish&utm_content=Image

Edited by VCDomer

You have got to be kidding me...

And Brian Kelly is now what?

Fired? Nooooo....

Resigned with honor? Noooooo.....

Staying for an 8th and guaranteed 6th sub-par year.

With 2012 vacated, he officially had his "best" year last season.

Appears that good enough is the standard henceforth.

At least I saw '77 and '88 and '93...

Fate sealed for BK w/this?

I don't see how it can be considering the university new about this three years ago. Maybe it could make a somewhat convenient excuse if that's what they're looking for but if they tried that I'd imagine they'd start getting called on using it as justification for the aforementioned reason.

Is this the same issue tied to the five that were suspended during the summer camp? Seeing people talk about how Notre Dame got a raw deal because they self reported this right away the punishment is too strong. People also said how UNC created fake classes and hasn't be punished?

Keep in mind this does absolutely nothing but provide dipsh*ts with a false sense of moral superiority. Manufactured morality is the NCAA's bread and butter....and ND's come to think of it...maybe this will sting for more of you than I originally thought!

This is just insane. Miami did what, North Carolina did what and both for how long and we did what and are losing 2 seasons? WTH. This is so wrong. I can't believe it, I just can't.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking. I don't know if this is ND doing this to themselves or the NCAA but this is a complete joke. The crap other programs get away with is unbelievable.

College football might as well turn into a minor league to the NFL with these cheating programs and the NCAA letting it slide all the time. They make exemptions to every damn rule it's just a joke of an organization.

ND will never be a power again, but I've accepted that and will cheer them on every Saturday.

I was never embarrassed to wear Notre Dame gear and colors until today. Today, I have no more stomach for it and no more cares to see the ship ever righted again. Just shut it down.

Clearly no longer trying to hold any semblance of credibility in either pursuing victories or championships with honor. Without a complete reboot of the entire program, top-to-bottom, this is a disgraceful venture and a discredit to all who built the program in the first place.

Stop desecrating the names of the past. Kill this thing off as a mercy killing and let the past remind us all of what was once possible and right in college athletics, because what is current is abhorrent.

Who cares? If you're using this as ammo to get Brian Kelly fired, then you already had all the ammo you personally needed, because vacating wins is less than meaningless in the real world.

Oh no! This might impact our race with Michigan for the best record in CFB history that only old white men care about and has absolutely no impact on the on-field product! How will I ever face another day in this world?!?

I was never embarrassed to wear Notre Dame gear and colors until today. Today, I have no more stomach for it and no more cares to see the ship ever righted again. Just shut it down.

Clearly no longer trying to hold any semblance of credibility in either pursuing victories or championships with honor. Without a complete reboot of the entire program, top-to-bottom, this is a disgraceful venture and a discredit to all who built the program in the first place.

Stop desecrating the names of the past. Kill this thing off as a mercy killing and let the past remind us all of what was once possible and right in college athletics, because what is current is abhorrent.

Just join the Ivy league or create a new academic league. Honestly.

JC, it's not a big deal. The NCAA just wanted to make an example of ND, like everything else ND has done "wrong" it pales in comparison to what everyone else is doing.