Percent BK returns?

irishrb

Just curious.....Why do you think this? I don't see any buzz of him being gone. I think I'm just setting myself up so I'm not disappointed, but I really think he gets one more year.

On a side note, I will say, as my younger boy and I were screaming at the tv, my older boy says, "Dad, chill out. This is going to help pack his bags." He'll love to gloat over us if he's right!

I will say I thought they were going to beat va tech. I said it all week. As soon as they had to settle for the field goal in the first quarter I said that was it and changed my mind. It's pitiful. I think they get #$tch slapped at usc. Hopefully it is the final dagger!

I don't have any inside info. It's more how this season has played out, with not much discernible improvement to be seen. It seems as though Kelly has already written this season off and can't wait for it to be over. I'm just not observing anything that would lend optimism for better things next season. I get the feeling Kelly knows its over.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any inside info. It's more how this season has played out, with not much discernible improvement to be seen. It seems as though Kelly has already written this season off and can't wait for it to be over. I'm just not observing anything that would lend optimism for better things next season. I get the feeling Kelly knows its over.

1) We were given this same song and dance from the AD a week before Weis was fired.

2) No way will this admin usher in a new stadium with a ho-hum coach and no enthusiasm for the team.

He gone.

Come on LSU, BK is who you need!

Will Brian Kelly be the head coach of Notre Dame when the Irish kickoff next September against Temple in South Bend?

In October, Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick told ESPN, "Brian will lead this team out of the tunnel opening day next year." However, as the losses continue piling up for the Fighting Irish, it's difficult not to keep an eye on how things will play out.

According a recent report from The Advocate, Kelly is very much being considered for the head coaching vacancy at LSU.

Ross Dellenger of The Advocate listed Kelly as a target on the board for the Tigers, as a replacement for former head coach Les Miles. Dellenger states that Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher remains the primary focus for the position. However, Fisher has stated publicly that he is not interested in leaving Tallahassee. That would force LSU to turn to option number two.

Other candidates include Ed Orgeron, the interim head coach at LSU, Houston head coach Tom Herman, and Kelly.

Dellenger writes, "Kelly would entertain the phone call and could ultimately wind up being the choice."

://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish-Brian-Kelly-LSU-Tigers-49147191

Come on LSU, BK is who you need!

://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish-Brian-Kelly-LSU-Tigers-49147191

LOLOL yes, let's relocate to where the pressure is as tolerable as an interracial couple...

They'd string BK up on a tree by week 4 in 2017...

If you cant manage ND, you sure as sh|t cant beat Bama, Florida, etc year in and year out...

I still don't understand why people think BK will be gone this year. Swarbrick is happy, it will take the BoT to do anything and they're feckless to do anything.

I want BK gone as much as anyone but he ain't going anywhere. He is interviewing d coordinators and has Swarbrick's undying loyalty.

This is who we are, strive for mediocrity.

This is as disappointed I have been in ND since the Ty Willingham days.

Edited by cali_domer

LOLOL yes, let's relocate to where the pressure is as tolerable as an interracial couple...

If you cant manage ND, you sure as sh|t cant beat Bama, Florida, etc year in and year out...

Lol yes that would be amazing on so many levels, we would be rid of him and there is not a chance in hell he would succeed down there

you cant be in year 7 and still looking for answers as to why your teams cant win games. if JS thinks that all of a sudden that BK is going to turn things around in year 8 and become a 10 win team each year then im sorry but that seems a little foolish. if you haven't turned ND around after 7 years then your not going to, he needs to go.

in 2012 ND goes 12-1 with a NC appearance and then follows that up with a 9-4 record.

in 2015 ND goes 10-3 and follows that up by going 4-8.

BK is not reliable.

Bob stoops went 8-5 or 9-4 as a bad year not 4-8 or 5-7. This years schedule was tailor made for 11-1 or 12-0. He blew it because of his ego. BVG sucked he knew but still held out on letting him go because he wouldn't admit that he was wrong. insanity is doing the same thing over and over. ND is insane if you think bk is going to change. After 27 years of coaching has he really changed? Look at his coaching tree, all have failed miserably as head coaches. Why, because their general was horrible so how can the lieutenants be any good.

It'd be highly interesting to see how he would do at a major program w/o the restrictions of Notre Dame. Plus, isn't the whole state of Louisiana, including LSU broke?

But yet we're taking him back. He will likely win 8-9 games next year and the beat will drag on.

I don't know I think you're giving him too much credit, I have a hard time believing he'll be able to turn a 4 win team into an 8/9 win team. I think if he comes back were looking at 6 wins maybe 7 tops and that should get him the pink slip.

I don't know I think you're giving him too much credit, I have a hard time believing he'll be able to turn a 4 win team into an 8/9 win team. I think if he comes back were looking at 6 wins maybe 7 tops and that should get him the pink slip.

I bet he get 8 wins and the admin will come out with some silly stat that he has the most 8+ win season s in ND football history. 8 wins next year should be easy and that will be enough to keep his job.

He's gone, just look at the man's face and mannerisms as of late.

Let's look at it, Saavy Jack is very vocal in his support and Kelly is beginning to interview defensive coordinators. Plus the CFB reporters are all in lockstep saying he is coming back. Now could they be wrong maybe, but not likely.

I agree, I don't think Kelly will sniff 8 wins next season. There is talent but I don't see enough to turn the team around drastically, I'd also like to know where the help on the d-line is gonna come from?

Aside from the backers the defense looks to be a huge liability next season. He'll be lucky to get 6 wins next season, if he's back he'll be gone right after.

Jim Tressell for next ND head coach!!! Let's get a petition to fire Kelly going and one to hire Tressell.

I agree, I don't think Kelly will sniff 8 wins next season. There is talent but I don't see enough to turn the team around drastically, I'd also like to know where the help on the d-line is gonna come from?

Aside from the backers the defense looks to be a huge liability next season. He'll be lucky to get 6 wins next season, if he's back he'll be gone right after.

Jim Tressell for next ND head coach!!! Let's get a petition to fire Kelly going and one to hire Tressell.

I like Tressell for ND. I think his demeanor fits pretty well and I think the whole tattoo thing was pretty overblown. If his off the field issues aren't trumped 10 times over by BKs off the field issues then I don't know what to say.

Let's look at it, Saavy Jack is very vocal in his support and Kelly is beginning to interview defensive coordinators. Plus the CFB reporters are all in lockstep saying he is coming back. Now could they be wrong maybe, but not likely.

Savvy Jack doesn't have the final say on this, ultimately if the BOT wants Kelly gone then he is gone, the Savvy one can go along with this or else find himself out the door too. As for Kelly looking for a new defensive coordinator, what do you want him to say, it's all about leveraging himself for the best buyout possible. If he does indeed come back, ND football will really have bottomed out, unimaginable that any other big time program would do this.