Swarbrick Speaks

Watch from 9-14 minutes. Not very encouraging for those who-if Swarbrick is saying what he truly thinks - want Kelly gone.

I don't think last night's loss, with a chance to tie in the closing seconds, will change Swarbrick's narrative that this is the mark of a healthy program. If he doesn't see a team that is 2-7 in it's last nine games- with only 2 wins against Top 25 teams in the last 40 games- as a mark of an unhealthy program in traditional Notre Dame standards, you know how low the bar is now.

Jack Nolan does a good job of being an *** kissing tool.

Of course, we can all hope the BOT fire Swarbrick and expect more success from the football program than the bar Swarbrick has set.

http://www.watchnd.tv/#!/videos/hjcHhxNjE6Ko_KSqql1esfFLqf9gwuHT

Edited by Frankus
Kelly isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

WOW

I don't know, this season tanked because bvg was allowed to hang on when it was clear he needed to go last year. Weis got a couple extra years due to late season wins and gimmicks like coaching from the booth. Like any relationship, you know when it's over.

I don't know, this season tanked because bvg was allowed to hang on when it was clear he needed to go last year. Weis got a couple extra years due to late season wins and gimmicks like coaching from the booth. Like any relationship, you know when it's over.

Yeah I tried to fool myself into thinking bvg ruined the year but the truth is this offence is average!!! Where is this dynamic offence? I never felt like we have beat a team because we out coached them. It's the same damn plays for the last seven years.

Cal put up more on Texas, northwestern put up more on Msu, and wazzu more on Stanford. Even ucla put up more on Stanford, with the talent we should be atleast able to tip our cap to that.

What do you expect him to say, he's a lawyer. No way Kelly survives a 3-4 win season in year 7 where his team was a projected top 15 team. Not only is the product on the field horrific, his mannerisms (calling out the players, yelling match with a Stanford coach, etc)plus his beyond strange play-calling looks to me like a guy who has come mentally unhinged under the pressure. No doubt in my mind that BVG was ordered fired by someone other then Kelly and because of this he has acted like a petulant child with his treatment of Kizer among other things, this guy is coaching his last year with ND, I only wish he would be canned sooner to avoid further embarassments.

if Jack Swarbrick can't see that Brian Kelly has sucked and needs to be fired, then Jack Swarbrick should be fired himself. this isn't just the win/loss record, Kelly has had many games in which ND won despite his decisions or lost because the team couldn't overcome his decisions. I would expect an Athletic Director to be similar to a GM of a sports team and competent enough to notice more than just W's and L's.

I just saw a tweet from the twitter which could explain things and why things might not work out how they should. Swarbrick could be just as stupid/stubborn as Kelly, in that Swarbrick isn't going to want to admit doing something wrong, as in the extension given out to Kelly just this past January 2016. even if Swarbrick is smart enough to see this season has been a disaster and Brian Kelly has to go, is Swarbrick really going to want to make the move after just giving Kelly and extension earlier this year?

damn this makes me want to swear.

What do you expect him to say, he's a lawyer. No way Kelly survives a 3-4 win season in year 7 where his team was a projected top 15 team. Not only is the product on the field horrific, his mannerisms (calling out the players, yelling match with a Stanford coach, etc)plus his beyond strange play-calling looks to me like a guy who has come mentally unhinged under the pressure. No doubt in my mind that BVG was ordered fired by someone other then Kelly and because of this he has acted like a petulant child with his treatment of Kizer among other things, this guy is coaching his last year with ND, I only wish he would be canned sooner to avoid further embarassments.

I expect him to not say anything, particularly when after the Ohio State beat down he said the program had no holes, great depth and could now compete with Alabama. You'd think that given the result of the season he'd be embarrassed by his poor understanding of where the program was after the OSU beat down and would be saying generic things like how he's closely monitoring the program.

Instead, he is speaking publicly about the program's health and doubling down on his previous assessment. In his mind, the only problem with the program now is learning how to win and all that takes is more time. He doesn't see any problems with the program as he envisions its future. Time is on his side.

I will be shocked if they fire Kelly as long as Swarbrick is AD, but we'll see. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Frankus

I've come to the realization that he was going to coach next year reguardless. Especially, after the Duke loss where a poster wrote he just signed an extension in the offseason. THey will make sure he at least gets one more year. It's makes JS and the board look like imbeciles for signing and then firing Kelly this year. So, step away from the ledge, hope that he can turn it around this year, for our recruits sake and ours, and pray that Kizer and the whole team comes back better. That's the realization folks. Get used to it this year.

I wouldn't expect Swarbrick to say anything other than the PC response. Let's just see what happens before getting upset.

Exactly, there's far more to these dog & pony shows than to appease the fans & the internet. These are businessmen, politically arranged talks & word players at the highest degree. These interviews & PC's mean nothing other than to fill a void in silence.

This year is a disaster for a pre-season ranked top 10 team---even if we were overrated going in 2 wins in 7 is calamity city!

Nonetheless---I think most of you are dreaming expecting an off season coaching change....

Kelly could resign I suppose---or players could get into trouble--or we lose all the rest getting run off the field by Army---all that could happen but

Overall odds IMHO

Kelly gets another season---85%

aloha

This year is a disaster for a pre-season ranked top 10 team---even if we were overrated going in 2 wins in 7 is calamity city!

Nonetheless---I think most of you are dreaming expecting an off season coaching change....

Kelly could resign I suppose---or players could get into trouble--or we lose all the rest getting run off the field by Army---all that could happen but

Overall odds IMHO

aloha

Yep, he'll be back next year

Overall odds IMHO

aloha

Yes this certainly has been a disastrous season for the Irish. But it has also been disappointing/disastrous for about 1/2 of the preseason top 25.

#3 Oklahoma. Took that beat down from Ohio State and from Houston

5 LSU. No longer ranked and fired Les MIles

8 Stanford. No longer ranked

10 ND. Nuff said

11 Ole Miss. Currently 3-3

12 Michigan State. No longer ranked

13 TCU. No longer ranked

16 UCLA. No longer ranked

18 Georgia. No longer ranked

20 USC. No longer ranked

21 Oklahoma State. No longer ranked

24 Oregon. No longer ranked

Special Mention: Arizona. Sitting at 2-5

We are not alone in our misery!

Just to mention a few NFL teams that are cratering also:

Carolina, Arizona, Cincinnati, NY Jets, San Francisco.

At this point if I'm being completely honest I think there is about a 90% chance kelly is back next year regardless of how this year turns out.I just read Eric Hansen's article speaking to the amount of players potentially coming back next year and how special that year could be. I could see the BOT taking this same stance, almost absolving this season as an outlier and giving kelly a 1 year mulligan.

And for the record I think this would be a terrible idea, lame duck coaches never do well and that's exactly what we would have next year.

At this point if I'm being completely honest I think there is about a 90% chance kelly is back next year regardless of how this year turns out.I just read Eric Hansen's article speaking to the amount of players potentially coming back next year and how special that year could be. I could see the BOT taking this same stance, almost absolving this season as an outlier and giving kelly a 1 year mulligan.

And for the record I think this would be a terrible idea, lame duck coaches never do well and that's exactly what we would have next year.

I would not count on any year in the near future as being "special". Before this season we had predictions of "easy schedule","running the table" and "playoffs".

You really think they have the balls to do that? As much as I want him to move on, I just don't see it. Like I said before, I'll be shocked if he's not back next year.

Couple considerations:

1) Players have given up. He lost them in the blame game. The desire to win is gone, and so with it will go any chance we had to beat inferior teams.

2) He's only going to get angrier and more distant during the games. Bring it on, little man.

3) His post-game interviews are only going to get more vibrant and colorful. He's going to literally talk himself out of a job.

I think this University already knows he is doomed. Regardless of the cupboards of next year that Ive heard about (and I disagree), I think theyd rather hand that to the next coach....

Edited by echo88
Disagree. I think BK is gone before the USC game.

Are you making this deduction because BK appears that he is finished/given up?

I kinda feel the same way, but I think it'll be a Monday morning firing after USC.

I think we need to part ways ASAP so we're competitive in the coaching search.

Are you making this deduction because BK appears that he is finished/given up?

I kinda feel the same way, but I think it'll be a Monday morning firing after USC.

I think we need to part ways ASAP so we're competitive in the coaching search.

I woud say that he is absolutely done after this year....