• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Third and 4 and we pass? Run the ball twice and keep it going. This is just stubborn pride by Kelly. Inexcusable and if we are counting on the defense to bail out the offense we have lost already.

We wouldn't have gotten 4 yards. It is obvious that we are a pass oriented team a predictable running game, which defenses easily stop. It is even worse today, where our running backs have no chance against unblocked linebackers.

The play calling in this game is an absolute JOKE! You have to have 2 tight ends and do quick hitters.....both running and passing.

I agree. I am not one to b*tch about play calling because its easy to sit on your couch and complain. But it has been absolutely atrocious. What the hell were we doing on the goal to go situation. Just run three times for zero yards and kick the FG.

It's not all on Kizer because of the play calling and conditions. But maybe put in Zaire to start the 3rd. See if we can be a little more effective on the ground. We have 48 yards of offense. 48 yards.

We wouldn't have gotten 4 yards. It is obvious that we are a pass oriented team a predictable running game, which defenses easily stop. It is even worse today, where our running backs have no chance against unblocked linebackers.

I'm not impressed with our O line push on running plays. Supposedly a vaulted offensive line that has to now under performed !

is the play calling on Kelly, or Kizer calling passing plays himself?

Josh Adams hasn't been able to do much of anything, so maybe short passing is better even with this rain? what are you supposed to do with Adams if he only gets 2 to 3 yards each run. Williams? Folston? Zaire?

I'm not impressed with our O line push on running plays. Supposedly a vaulted offensive line that has to now under performed !

I agree that we don't have a good push, but all year long linebackers have seen the formation we align in and at the snap of the ball they attack the line of scrimmage unblocked. This comes from a predictable running scheme. Awful

I'm thinking we should bring out Zaire in the second half....keep it on the ground with multiple running options

The second benefit being, with Kizer most certainly going NFL next year, Malik gets good reps. Unless the weather changes, or Kizer can suddenly grip the ball better, we're not going to be able to pass and we we can't run with our base attack. So, it makes sense both from a game and a long term strategic standpoint to play Malik.

Kelly, who is a lot like Weis in his pass loving ways, will probably stay the course. We'll see.

The second benefit being, with Kizer most certainly going NFL next year, Malik gets good reps. Unless the weather changes, or Kizer can suddenly grip the ball better, we're not going to be able to pass and we we can't run with our base attack. So, it makes sense both from a game and a long term strategic standpoint to play Malik.

Kelly, who is a lot like Weis in his pass loving ways, will probably stay the course. We'll see.

Agree completely that we should get Zaire in the game. I think he would really make a difference on offense in these conditions.

As to your first point though, Malik is gone after this year. The bridge has been burned so to speak, and he graduates in December. He won't be wearing the blue and gold in '17.