I think they opened at 0

and it has swung 3 points in a couple days. Their defense isn't nearly as bad as ours so I feel like Vegas wants you to put money on the Irish.

I'm up $1500 on the Irish this year, but dont' think I'm gonna toss down any money on this one.

I think they opened at 0

and it has swung 3 points in a couple days. Their defense isn't nearly as bad as ours so I feel like Vegas wants you to put money on the Irish.

I'm up $1500 on the Irish this year, but dont' think I'm gonna toss down any money on this one.

How did you do that if you don't mind me asking?

How did you do that if you don't mind me asking?

Nevada and Duke.

Took a stupid bet on a leftover tab he(a client) had on his roof claim, and it paid out decently. Was paid in full and he had to come up with another 1200.

My buddy called me confidently about us kicking the **** out of Duke and I told him that we were good enough on offense to beat almost anyone in the country yet bad enough to lose to almost anyone including North Dakota State (jokingly) so I bet him $200 that we wouldn't cover the spread.. I think it was 15 points

NC State.....

Team needs to show what ND is all about...

D has had a couple weeks now to get its footing...

Funny you mention "footing."

If the track remains the way they have it forecast now, looks like the hurricane will have a big effect on this game w/rain & wind.

This could be a wild one.

How embarrassing

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Money drives lines, oddsmakers and handicappers are both prognosticators and marketers, they have to draw the money in and provide a "service". Even if it looks like ND will likely win people, fans especially, are hesitant to put a bet on ND because of the erratic play.

Twenty years ago or so this might have been a -35, but it is nothing to be concerned about now. Heck, ND covered the spread last week, that is a miracle in and of itself :) I think they are going to win handily this week.

I'll give you Miami...but I think Stanford is as big a mess offensively as we are defensively...

Yeah, I'm not so worried about Stanford after this weekend. Their defense is a mess also and their offense anemic. We can outscore them and if they need to score in bunches we might just get a stop.

I'm putting $100 on the over in every game we play for the rest of the year.

While I agree with that sentiment, NC State beat Wake Forest who beat Duke who beat us.

I think we win, but based on shared (ish) opponents, they have the edge.

That common opponent thing never works out. Every week is different, every team matches up different so the gameplan is usually different. Teams get up for certain games too, that's why CFB is so unique week to week. Injuries occur to and TBH too we beat Duke 9/10 times.

in 2014 we killed Michigan and they beat Northwestern, so surely we win right? Same with 2013 we beat USC who beat Stanford and lost to Michigan who lost to MSU.... common opponent almost never works out.

That common opponent thing never works out. Every week is different, every team matches up different so the gameplan is usually different. Teams get up for certain games too, that's why CFB is so unique week to week. Injuries occur to and TBH too we beat Duke 9/10 times.

in 2014 we killed Michigan and they beat Northwestern, so surely we win right? Same with 2013 we beat USC who beat Stanford and lost to Michigan who lost to MSU.... common opponent almost never works out.

I remember an example of this in the 2012 season that based off wins/losses against common opponents Southern Savannah State was better than Alabama