Defense Improved

Only 6 points allowed in the 2nd half.

Looks like the defense seemed to figure it out as the game went on. First half was like the first few games. But it seemed in the second half they started to understand what was asked of them.

Still a lot of work on tackling needed.

I respectfully disagree....33 points to an average offense at best is not good enough....tied for the most points Syracuse has scored all season and that was against an FCS school...I really didn't see a ton of improvement in tackling or angles....a few angles I was least pleased with happened in the 2nd half....how does cole Luke get beat by a QB to the edge when he has 5 yds of depth between them?? that QB wasn't incredibly fast he could run but that was embarrassing for luke

I respectfully disagree....33 points to an average offense at best is not good enough....tied for the most points Syracuse has scored all season and that was against an FCS school...I really didn't see a ton of improvement in tackling or angles....a few angles I was least pleased with happened in the 2nd half....how does cole Luke get beat by a QB to the edge when he has 5 yds of depth between them?? that QB wasn't incredibly fast he could run but that was embarrassing for luke

You;re right. As a whole 33 points isn't good. But I think the silver lining was only 6 points in the second half.

Ok, we're trying to take small steps here. Something to build on.

I only saw the 2nd half, but one big improvement I saw was our dbs not getting burnt over and over again. It looked like a lot of bend but don't break and Syracuse helped us with some drops, but it was certainly a step in the right direction. Still a long way to go though.

Hard to tell since, regardless of how putrid we are, we still have more depth than Syracuse and depth matters in keeping legs fresh as the game goes on.

Structure was clearly better. We were lined up with time to spare every time, even in tempo . Now execution in the first half was not very good.

In the second the orange did drop in execution. But ND did look much more assignment correct.

Now we'll have to see it versus a better team.

You;re right. As a whole 33 points isn't good. But I think the silver lining was only 6 points in the second half.

Ok, we're trying to take small steps here. Something to build on.

I thought ND returned to the bend not break mindset which the Seahawks are so good at....I think that is really the best brand ND can play due to their inability to recruit major pass rushers/shutdown corners....it is a step in the right direction for sure, I just wish Diaco face planted at UCONN so he could come back

Good news is there is absolutely nowhere to go but up when you're labeled as the worst defense in ND history

I only saw the 2nd half, but one big improvement I saw was our dbs not getting burnt over and over again. It looked like a lot of bend but don't break and Syracuse helped us with some drops, but it was certainly a step in the right direction. Still a long way to go though.

We played quite a bit of 2 deep zone with a 3 man or 4 man rush so windows were smaller.

Was at the game with 50 yardline seats 20 rows up behind the ND bench. The defense looked much more energized and everytime there was a stoppage in play DC Hudson on called them over to the sidelines and also was also energized which the team seemed to feed off. They had a good goal line styand and several three and outs and gained needed confidence. They made adjustmdents as the game wore on and did not look at all confused on defense as the did under BVG, All in all, a decent start under Hudson

Improved...couldn't get much worse...

Exactly. A lot of youth out there today. Tackling still looks like they are afraid to hit. This team in general lacks a ferocious attitude. Better today but still you can see the tentativeness. Kelly has delivered the wrong message. His message has been "don't screw up and hurt the team". I like "blow them up and be smart about it"

To be honest, I'm not expecting much of a difference over the course of this season. I think these kids minds have been so messed up by the "intricate schemes" BVG put in place that it's going to take a while to deprogram them. I'm happy with baby step improvements week to week and hitting the reset button over the winter

To be honest, I'm not expecting much of a difference over the course of this season. I think these kids minds have been so messed up by the "intricate schemes" BVG put in place that it's going to take a while to deprogram them. I'm happy with baby step improvements week to week and hitting the reset button over the winter

Yup that's about all that can be expected really

Agreed. We are what we thought we are...or however Denis Green said it...