Kelly out - Miles in

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whether it's Les Miles or someone else, at this point shouldn't ND get someone other than Kelly? he has had plenty of opportunities and has shown how he is, and how he is is not good enough to win a national championship. I think some/a lot of the winning ND has done has been despite whatever Kelly has done.

Some of you guys are no worse than a woman.

Anything new and shine-y and you're all over it..

Probably the same subset that was in the Malik Zaire camp and failed to realize the only reason he had a great game against Texas was that they were turning guys wide open..

That's the truth. A lot of people want something done without a plan in place, like the next great coach is going to just fall in Notre Dame's lap. With a decent DC, Kelly can be a good coach bc he can focus on the Offense. It's no comfort, but ND is having a terrific season on Offense.

That's the truth. A lot of people want something done without a plan in place, like the next great coach is going to just fall in Notre Dame's lap. With a decent DC, Kelly can be a good coach bc he can focus on the Offense. It's no comfort, but ND is having a terrific season on Offense.

how often do people question Kelly's play calling? I think I've lost count of the number of times I wondered what the hell Kelly was doing in a specific play call.

Orgeron will have this team winning all its games except Bama. He will then get shafted for someone else. He'll be on the market looking for a job after the season...

Unfortunately for him, people still aren't willing to look past his disastrous head coaching tenure at Ole Miss. With the way he recruits and coaches up D-lines, you've got to wonder when he's going to get another shot. I think if he can find a competent offensive coordinator he could be successful.

Unfortunately for him, people still aren't willing to look past his disastrous head coaching tenure at Ole Miss. With the way he recruits and coaches up D-lines, you've got to wonder when he's going to get another shot. I think if he can find a competent offensive coordinator he could be successful.

You know, in hindsight, his tenure at Ole Miss wasn't "disastrous". It was pretty par for the course for Ole Miss. However, his work at stabilizing USC during his interim period, and his ability to really coach up the emotions of college players and to teach them to play with instinct is impressive. He got shafted at USC, as evidenced by the fact that they still haven't bounced quite back even from his interim time there. He should get a look at the permanent job there at LSU, but I think the politics of the position end up hosing him there.

If he learns how to hire a staff that not only is really good at their individual jobs, but is really good at trusting each other and working together rather than trying to "climb over" each other for promotions or to look better than each other, he could be a really good head coach.

You know, in hindsight, his tenure at Ole Miss wasn't "disastrous". It was pretty par for the course for Ole Miss. However, his work at stabilizing USC during his interim period, and his ability to really coach up the emotions of college players and to teach them to play with instinct is impressive. He got shafted at USC, as evidenced by the fact that they still haven't bounced quite back even from his interim time there. He should get a look at the permanent job there at LSU, but I think the politics of the position end up hosing him there.

If he learns how to hire a staff that not only is really good at their individual jobs, but is really good at trusting each other and working together rather than trying to "climb over" each other for promotions or to look better than each other, he could be a really good head coach.

Yeah he really does deserve the job but the politics will in no way leave him with that job permanently. It's a shame but also is good USC was too dumb to hire him, have fun with Clay Helton!

something to think about.

we agree that Nick Saban is a good head coach right? 3 championships with Alabama. he was formerly with LSU, 2000 to 2004. he was 48-16, .750 winning percentage, no national championships.

how about the LSU head coach who took over after Saban left? that would be Les Miles. he was with LSU from 2005 to 2016. he was 114-34, .770 winning percentage, and a national championship.

Les Miles was better at LSU than Saban was at LSU.

something to think about.

we agree that Nick Saban is a good head coach right? 3 championships with Alabama. he was formerly with LSU, 2000 to 2004. he was 48-16, .750 winning percentage, no national championships.

how about the LSU head coach who took over after Saban left? that would be Les Miles. he was with LSU from 2005 to 2016. he was 114-34, .770 winning percentage, and a national championship.

Les Miles was better at LSU than Saban was at LSU.

Go watch any LSU game from the last two years and tell me you agree with what you just said. Sometimes numbers lie.

If I had to put money on it today I would bet Butch Jones is the next head coach at ND. Catholic, successful head coach at an SEC school, has had success at every level.

Didn't he have some "issues" with NCAA rules at one of his previous stops? ....or am I thinking of someone else?!?

Les Miles is terrible at developing QB talent. I think he would be a poor fit here.

If I had to put money on it today I would bet Butch Jones is the next head coach at ND. Catholic, successful head coach at an SEC school, has had success at every level.

With NDs history of being criticized for the way they handled rape investigations, there is no way in Gods green earth they touch Butch Jones. Also, he's basically followed Kelly around everywhere replacing him. It would be creepy if he did it again. lol

Edited by KellyisNasty