Kelly out - Miles in

Saw an interesting article on Bleacher Report making a case for Les Miles to Notre Dame. Questions are would he come to Notre Dame if asked, would Notre Dame ask, would he be a good fit?

I've got my reservations about him but think he's a good coach nonetheless. On the fence if I'd like him as the next HC.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if one is going to be talking about not winning, then shouldn't that also be followed with opponents faced as in the level of competition.

not including 2011 when LSU went 11-1 and won a national championship, then since 2012 Miles has gone 39-16 in the SEC. isn't the SEC a level of competition higher than what ND has faced?

if one is going to be talking about not winning, then shouldn't that also be followed with opponents faced as in the level of competition.

not including 2011 when LSU went 11-1 and won a national championship, then since 2012 Miles has gone 39-16 in the SEC. isn't the SEC a level of competition higher than what ND has faced?

Yes, but can anyone... Les or anyone else... get the type of talent that LSU can get?

LSU will let any kid in the door. ND simply doesn't draw from that same pool.

So no, the level of competition is different, but so is the talent pool available.

Yes, but can anyone... Les or anyone else... get the type of talent that LSU can get?

LSU will let any kid in the door. ND simply doesn't draw from that same pool.

So no, the level of competition is different, but so is the talent pool available.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but it's something like this where I think ND needs to bend, and lower the academic standards. football put ND on the map and is the reason they are as much of a brand as they are.

I swear, some of you folks make me scratch my head. There is a reason he was fired.....he would NOT be an upgrade.

...I remember praying that Michigan would hire him.

Exactly. If he were the goods, LSU would never have canned him in mid-season. There's more to this firing than meets the eye. Stay away, ND!

I'm sure this has been covered before, but it's something like this where I think ND needs to bend, and lower the academic standards. football put ND on the map and is the reason they are as much of a brand as they are.

The standards aren't that high. Alize Jones was suspended for the year bc he couldn't pull a 1.85, that's fuggin pitiful, especially with the resources at their disposal. I'm not against taking a kid who might face challenges academically as long as they're willing to work hard in the classroom. There's zero reason any kid of modest intelligence who works hard in the classroom couldn't pull a 2.0 at ND. However, LSU is pulling in kids from the rural deep south, with the sh1ttiest school systems in the county. ND couldn't admit any of those kids.

So ND should fire Kelly who can't find the right DC for Miles who can't find the right OC....Bad idea! Maybe the combo of the two would work. Kelly has plenty of flaws but ND's offense is not the cause of the teams failures. Hire the right DC and go from there. If the RIGHT head coach become available and interested, I would entertain replacing Kelly but not just for the sake of replacing him.

So ND should fire Kelly who can't find the right DC for Miles who can't find the right OC....Bad idea! Maybe the combo of the two would work. Kelly has plenty of flaws but ND's offense is not the cause of the teams failures. Hire the right DC and go from there. If the RIGHT head coach become available and interested, I would entertain replacing Kelly but not just for the sake of replacing him.

Kelly did have the wherewithal to hire Diaco and bring him aboard from UC. However, he struck out horribly on Van Gorder and it became a huge stain on his career.

Heard it suggested Miles to SC, Kelly to LSU. (If Herman says no), Sanford replacing Kelly blah blah blah...I can see Miles out West but ultimately returning to scUM in a few years to replace Coach Crazy Pants. He turned the job down prior to Hoke and close to Harbaugh and Bo disciple. He'd be able to pretty much recruit who he wanted there and if gets an offensive coordinator who's decent, would keep them relevant to Meyer with the "Name Coach" scenario. Go Irish!

Some of you guys are no worse than a woman.

Anything new and shine-y and you're all over it..

Probably the same subset that was in the Malik Zaire camp and failed to realize the only reason he had a great game against Texas was that they were turning guys wide open..