attachment.php?attachmentid=1183&stc=1&d=1474862156

This isn't my best English or best picture but I did a quick review of Hudson and here's what I saw.

-4 man front

- Hats got to the ball

- Pretty good Tackling

- A college defense(not complicated)

Now his best defense at Purdue was 53rd in the Nation but we have better athletes.

Not expecting miracles but to me this is the right direction

Full Game Video Link

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z01rbM_7OoY[/ame]

834786937_hudsonpurduedefense.thumb.jpg.0ab4d6420991e0e92a6beec92fc79894.jpg

No matter what you draw up I'm not getting excited about this defensive coordinator..

Just excited BVG is gone. If we can get these kids to tackle and shore up a little on the backend then we'll be good enough to win some games.

We're 4-0 right now with a defense that plays only slightly better.

Which is great considering how bad our offense is.

No matter what you draw up I'm not getting excited about this defensive coordinator..

Just excited BVG is gone. If we can get these kids to tackle and shore up a little on the backend then we'll be good enough to win some games.

We're 4-0 right now with a defense that plays only slightly better.

Which is great considering how bad our offense is.

And J. We don't have to be that much better. 3 or 4 points better twice 8 well 9 , points better once.

I'm hoping if ND Simplifies things we can get too bowl practice mode 6-6, 7-5..

less fronts more enthusiasm, less coverages more execution, less thinking, more playing.. etc

Thanks for the analysis, I know not many of us will go back and do this research so much appreciated!

Thing is I think we all know the defense will be better, I'm just curious as to how much better.

Glad too I just want our defenders to get to the ball and be excited again. You don't see to much joy out there and that's a product of the results. If we could find a few 3 and outs, make teams settle for 3 points instead of 7, etc.

Not expecting Miracles just think the defense has more talent than its showing.

We'll see on Saturday.

At least now as Hawaii said we are "curious again"

One very simple point that has bugged the crap out of me all season -- When a defensive tackle vacates the A gap, the LBs or the DEs need to fill.

We have had so many times this year where the DTs rotate out of the A Gap and no one fills. I don't get it. I noticed it a little against Texas. Although against Texas I was struggling to find out what was that 3-3-5 we were running. Then I saw it against MSU constant, and again against Duke (not all the time, but on more that one occasion).

So hoepfully the new D Coord has the boys communicating better/working together better.

One very simple point that has bugged the crap out of me all season -- When a defensive tackle vacates the A gap, the LBs or the DEs need to fill.

We have had so many times this year where the DTs rotate out of the A Gap and no one fills. I don't get it. I noticed it a little against Texas. Although against Texas I was struggling to find out what was that 3-3-5 we were running. Then I saw it against MSU constant, and again against Duke (not all the time, but on more that one occasion).

So hoepfully the new D Coord has the boys communicating better/working together better.

I think you have seen the end of NFL fronts. If I were the new guy I'd say the 4 stick your hand in that ground and come of the ball and whip the guy in front of you.

Kelly's D has to now have a fundamental approach. No "decided schematic advantage" lets be a tougher team full of passionate kids..

Dump the bells and whistles and play some gritty football. Line up and whip your man.

Tired of this NFL my brain is bigger than yours Garbage.

Let these kids play!