Day-After Thread

KellyisNasty

Now it is the day after and tempers have died down and the BAC has dropped, do you feel differently than yesterday. As a Kelly hater since 2014, these losses don't even anger me as much anymore. Yes, I was a total bear to be around yesterday to my real life people, but it's not like these loses are even shocking.

I suppose it's just hitting me today that the season I waited so long for is actually over so soon, and that is deeply depressing.

I was past the point of anger yesterday and was at a point of numbness and disbelief at what I was seeing unfold.

I can sit here and passionately argue what's wrong w/the program, how it got to this point, and how to fix it, then the realization sets in that I am completely powerless to do anything about it.

I'm already emotionally worn out seeming to care more about the program than some of the people on the inside who can really make a difference.

I was past the point of anger yesterday and was at a point of numbness and disbelief at what I was seeing unfold.

I can sit here and passionately argue what's wrong w/the program, how it got to this point, and how to fix it, then the realization sets in that I am completely powerless to do anything about it.

I'm already emotionally worn out seeming to care more about the program than some of the people on the inside who can really make a difference.

I was at the game yesterday. I would say that the crowd was pretty much where you were. Not much complaining, just watching the game. Maybe it was the heat? I don't know...

Then at the end after Duke kicked that field goal, and we missed on 4th down. The crowd just started to leave, almost stunned. No complaining, no anger, just silence. It was weird.

I did get to meet Torii Hunter Sr. I was sitting next to him in section 7. That was probably the biggest highlight of the day...

I'm still interested in cancelling my Shamrock Series tickets. And I can't watch a live game anytime soon... I need to dvr them and watch after I know the results.

I had a gut feeling that this season was going ti be a bust & told my wife to hold off on tix. I'' glad we didn't buy. I like visiting San Antonio & it would've been nice to stay there for a few days. I'' not much of a fan of football in the dome, but i usually have a good time partying in town.

I had a gut feeling that this season was going ti be a bust & told my wife to hold off on tix. I'' glad we didn't buy. I like visiting San Antonio & it would've been nice to stay there for a few days. I'' not much of a fan of football in the dome, but i usually have a good time partying in town.

I am kicking myself for declining tickets to the Nevada game....I missed out on my chance to see what may end up being ND's only win.

I'll stick to football, since I know that there is no future solution bringing greatness back to Notre Dame football....

I think it's possible that- given all the injuries in 2014 and 2015- that Kelly changed the amount of hitting/physical toll in his practices,which has resulted in fewer injuries, but a Weissian type soft team.

I was at the game yesterday. I would say that the crowd was pretty much where you were. Not much complaining, just watching the game. Maybe it was the heat? I don't know...

Then at the end after Duke kicked that field goal, and we missed on 4th down. The crowd just started to leave, almost stunned. No complaining, no anger, just silence. It was weird.

I was at the second home loss to Navy during the Weis years and the crowd was the same.

I think most of the fanbase has accepted that losses like this are to be expected. It's been 28 years since the last NC and you'd have to be around 8 years old at the time to remember it. So, nobody 36 or younger has seen a truly great ND team, while many have seen awful ND teams and games like yesterday's.

Edited by Frankus

ND football is like the Iraq Army. Pathetic, showing up for a paycheck, running away at the first sign of a fight, getting it's a$$ kicked when a third rate bunch of scrubs rolls into town.

Navy is going to kick our a$$ up and down the field. I will be surprised if we stop them once.

We'll see who earns it this week in practice. I would leave anyone not giving it all @ home.

Agree with Kelly.

BVG hopefully will be leaving soon.

I'm actually kind of sorry for him.

Knowing that years-worth of work has all amounted to nothing, hearing a home crowd chanting he should be fired, knowing that it's going to be hard getting a job at a power 5 school, and having his son subjected to all of that, well, that's pretty rough.

But he and Kelly have created this mess. I don't think Kelly's out, but it wouldn't surprise me to see BVG gone this week.

We suck, period.

The defense is utterly inept, the offense is uninspired, the special teams are all kind of special alright, just the "short bus" kind of 'special'.

BVG should have been fired after Stanford last year, earlier than that really. The fact that he is still employed this morning and CBK's answer to the problems is to blame the players and exonerate the coaching screams loudly where the problem starts and ends.

I usually lose my mind over ND loses, and the posts today from me are vitriolic and angry, but I am no longer seething with angry and emotionally distraught about the loses...there are too many over too many years to too many inferior teams to feel it any more.

Notre Dame Football died.

Notre Dame "Football", the brand is being milked for the last of the sweet, sweet revenue dollars that can be squeezed from the turnip.

Once the stands are half full and the students stay away in protest, then someone in authority MAY care enough to try something, but unless they resurrect Leahy or Rockne and turn back the clock 75 years, this thing, this Notre Dame Football thing, is gone.

I'll always have '77 and '88 (and '93)...but sadly there will never be another like them.

Rest in peace Notre Dame Football...like all great empires, you were not brought down from the outside, you rotted away from the inside out.