In Denial or Plain Stupid?

So according to the last PC, Kelly has and always will outscore opponents when he has defensive issues. This attitude makes me think Swarbrick needs to step in because this is just getting ridiculous. The man thinks he can outscore anyone yet he's 1-2, plus I could name atleast 20 teams with more productive offences. There are no innovative formations we see with the Oregons and even with Michigan State on Saturday. We call the same run plays all game and really can't run the ball. The man's head is in the clouds, if he has this cocky mentality he won't last past next season.

Also after the MSU game he doesn't think the running game has taken a step back.... He is the only coach to stick with his coaches no matter what, which successful head coach hasn't fired one assistant in over 6 years? You guessed it none.

Mark my words this will cost Kelly his job as soon as the end of next season. His offences are nothing to write home about and are not good enough to hold up a BVG despite what he thinks. He's beginning his Weis like collapse, if you can't see it you are blind.

So according to the last PC, Kelly has and always will outscore opponents when he has defensive issues. This attitude makes me think Swarbrick needs to step in because this is just getting ridiculous. The man thinks he can outscore anyone yet he's 1-2, plus I could name atleast 20 teams with more productive offences. There are no innovative formations we see with the Oregons and even with Michigan State on Saturday. We call the same run plays all game and really can't run the ball. The man's head is in the clouds, if he has this cocky mentality he won't last past next season.

Also after the MSU game he doesn't think the running game has taken a step back.... He is the only coach to stick with his coaches no matter what, which successful head coach hasn't fired one assistant in over 6 years? You guessed it none.

Mark my words this will cost Kelly his job as soon as the end of next season. His offences are nothing to write home about and are not good enough to hold up a BVG despite what he thinks. He's beginning his Weis like collapse, if you can't see it you are blind.

You must be part of the media. The guy was joking. No story here.

It may have been said tongue in cheek, but it is the truth. At Cincinnati in he won shootouts because he scored more points.

I wish that young lady who asked the question would have asked this as a follow up: "You won by scoring more points at Cincinnati, but here at Notre Dame you're not scoring more points and are losing a number of shootout games. So, what is it that defensive coordinators with better personnel at Stanford, Michigan State, Ohio State, Clemson etc. doing to prevent you from scoring more points like you did at Cincinnati?"

I'd bet Kelly would say his offensive players need to execute better.

Kelly is a classic example of somebody who's former success didn't translate at a higher level. That's why he's still a 8-5/9-4 coach here in his 7th season.

And for all those who would point to the 2012 season, it was the defense that carried that team. It was an anomaly for Kelly, who otherwise is a shootout coach when facing better teams. Unfortunately, he's just not good enough at this level.

Edited by Frankus
It may have been said tongue in cheek, but it is the truth. At Cincinnati in he won shootouts because he scored more points.

I wish that young lady who asked the question would have asked this as a follow up: "You won by scoring more points at Cincinnati, but here at Notre Dame you're not scoring more points and are losing a number of shootout games. So, what is it that defensive coordinators with better personnel at Stanford, Michigan State, Ohio State, Clemson etc. doing to prevent you from scoring more points like you did at Cincinnati?"

I'd bet Kelly would say his offensive players need to execute better.

Kelly is a classic example of somebody who's former success didn't translate at a higher level. That's why he's still a 8-5/9-4 coach here in his 7th season.

And for all those who would point to the 2012 season, it was the defense that carried that team. It was an anomaly for Kelly, who otherwise is a shootout coach when facing better teams. Unfortunately, he's just not good enough at this level.

Yeah if not for the defense we win probably 6-8 games that season.

He wasn't be serious. Dial it back a notch.