MSU Meltdown thread

My rant is the same as ever. Our defense is supposed to be do complex and intricate but the next qb it perplexes will be the first. Every qb easily identifies the holes and looks completely comfortable against us. 3 games in and still not a single sack.

What happened to Cole Luke? That might had been his worst game ever.

I honestly can't remember a worst three year stretch of horrible defense. I wasn't old enough to watch the Faust's days, but I can't imagine them being worst than this.

We honestly gave up this game. It felt literally like the Charlie Weis when he lost to the lowly Syracuse team. The time when everyone including Charlie knew he was fired. I remember actually feeling bad for him watching it until I realized on the screw job he gave ND with his pay.

We can't stay healthy, we need a new strength and conditiong coach. Been saying that since he got here.

We can't lose one guy and the whole team crap down there leg. Nick Watkins can't be that sorely missed. Shaun Crawford can't be that sorely missed. A bad Max Redfield can't be that missed. Joe Schmidt going down can't be that missed. We make more excuses for our defense then we need should. We have talent. We don't have coaches.

We missed on Saban, Meyer, and soon to be Harbaugh. Homerun hires. I'm not sure if we'll ever get the right coach here again.

NO GUTS. NO SWAG! Where's the fight in the tunnel against Miami? Where's the suplex of Chris Zorich? Where's Kinion Tatum diving over the middle to force a fumble?

Denson is a good coach. He gets it. I'm not sure anybody else does.

Ramble over.....

I don't see any reason to watch the upcoming games. Don't see why I'd put myself through bad football like this.

How do you not hear the "fire" call on punt? How can we not tackle well or at all in some instances? How can we sputter so badly on offense with so many weapons?

I've lost faith in Kelly. BVG still being on staff is on him dude is a joke. Blown coverages all night. Things are bad.

What happened to Cole Luke? That might had been his worst game ever.

Hes not coached well. Lyght is a bad coach as is BVG. Both need to go in a bad way. Tackling and really simple coverages are all on coaching.

Luke was better two years ago. He's regressed under Lyght.

"Michigan State WR R.J. Shelton: "We never quit, whether we're down 20 or if we're favored — we're hardly ever favored (laughs). But, it doesn't matter. This program just plays within itself, believes in one another and when we come out and play, we just play. We put everything to the side, and that's what we pride ourselves on. We're tough, we're gonna come and hit you in the mouth, we're a physical football team and we're gonna show it, and we don't worry about anyone else but us.""

When was the last time Notre Dame came out and hit somebody in the mouth? I'm old enough to remember when they used to......those were the days. I've always said I don't want to become an old crackpot whose focus is fixed firmly in the past, but when it comes to ND football, what else do we have?

I think we should just clear house. The strength coach sucks, head coach,

Oline coach and dc. None of these guys can get it done vs good teams, we have all seen enough in 7 years.

Also cal beat Texas, there is no gimme games this year. This is most likely the worst team kelly has fielded now in 7 years.

In year 7, if you are the head coach at Notre Dame, you are supposed to be fielding championship level teams...how many coaches in the HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSITY have even MADE IT TO YEAR 7?!?!?!

Rockne (12 losses in 13 years)

Layden (13 losses in 7 years)

Leahy (11 losses in 11 years)

Parseghian (17 losses in 11 years)

Holtz (30 losses in 11 years)

Kelly (22 losses in 6+ years and getting WORSE not improving game to game in year 7)

At this point in Holtz era, the team was ending the epic run from '88 to '93 and was on top of the college world...we were OSU or Alabama or Clemson of the era...now? We are a punchline, a joke, a gutless band of hapless idiots on the field and on the sidelines and in the booth...we suck and there is no light at the end of the 2021 tunnel....

In year 7, if you are the head coach at Notre Dame, you are supposed to be fielding championship level teams...how many coaches in the HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSITY have even MADE IT TO YEAR 7?!?!?!

Kelly (22 losses in 6+ years and getting WORSE not improving game to game in year 7)

At this point in Holtz era, the team was ending the epic run from '88 to '93 and was on top of the college world...we were OSU or Alabama or Clemson of the era...now? We are a punchline, a joke, a gutless band of hapless idiots on the field and on the sidelines and in the booth...we suck and there is no light at the end of the 2021 tunnel....

Yeah, but we sure do have a lot of pretty shots of campus when coming back from commercials. When my parents commented on that last night, I was numbly thinking "this is what it's become?!" Were getting our a$$es handed to us, but the campus sure does look pretty at night? Oh my.

That was all before Monk Malloy. There are no expectations now.

Well hell, I guess it's time for someone to bring up Nick Coleman. Do we not have anyone better? I thought Butler was bad. Can't guard, can't tackle. Hard to imagine walk ons can't do better.

Anyone have any weed and a gun we could plant on him?

It's the coaching. They need to coach better not try walk ons

If it makes anyone feel better reading the Oregon, Iowa and Texas boards makes this loss a little less painful. Especially the Oregon board haha.

Maybe it's because I have zero vested interest in their team, but I have little sympathy - at this point - for a crying UT fan. Strong put a better conditioned team on the field this year, implemented a new offensive scheme w/a new coordinator, avenged a beat-down from us last year, while still having a 2-1 team right now, with a chance to still "win" their conference.

I watched the Oregon game also.........that game also had Big 10 refs. I telling you that we should never play a game again if they are the refs! It is so obvious that the refs are biased for the Big 10. They flat out cost Oregon the game, & with N. D.........I got sick of seeing the homerism from them.................on our own field. I was wondering.....when is Kelly going to say something? I don't know what options he has during a game. He should have got up in the head refs face & at least asked him what the hell was going on, ( if if he got ejected!) If you were watching closely, you would see that they were giving Sparty every break they could. Why have 1st down chains, if the refs are going to place the ball wherever they want! It was pretty bad..................And yes,............Kelly is a pitiful game day coach.

Well hell, I guess it's time for someone to bring up Nick Coleman. Do we not have anyone better? I thought Butler was bad. Can't guard, can't tackle. Hard to imagine walk ons can't do better.

Anyone have any weed and a gun we could plant on him?

How about our senior Cole Luke?

Cole Luke played just as bad as Coleman, if not worse. Gave up a bomb for a TD. Gave up another pass interference penalty that would have been another sure TD if the ball was thrown well. Blew his coverage to leave his guy wide open on MSU's series to ice the game. Missed numerous tackles.

This is a guy that a board Kool Aide peddler predicted would be a second round draft pick back in May.