ND -7 vs Michigan State

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevada only threw for 201 yards...need to clean this up...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame CB Nick Coleman allowed 6 rec on 9 tgt for 154 yds in his first career start vs Nevada</p>— CFB Film Room (@CFBFilmRoom) <a href="

">September 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

we need Nick Watkins back fast

or have safety help over the top of Coleman

we need Nick Watkins back fast

or have safety help over the top of Coleman

If I'm Michigan State, I throw three passes out to whoever is covered by #24. Then pump fake that direction and instead throw long to the other side because the safeties have shaded over to Coleman's side.

Easy formula.

ND needs a pass rush.

That is weird because Dantonio will know how to crush the weakest secondary we've had since BK brought his circus to town...

What circus? You mean the one that played in the national title or the one that was a game away from being in the playoff last year... I thought the circus left with Willingham & Weis.... And Davie... I don't remember this kind of success since Holtz.

What circus? You mean the one that played in the national title or the one that was a game away from being in the playoff last year... I thought the circus left with Willingham & Weis.... And Davie... I don't remember this kind of success since Holtz.

I mean the one that gave up 500+ yards to an unranked team. I'll wait while you find me the last time that happened. The memorable title visit was 4 years ago.

And good thing we weren't in the playoff, considering the opponent we were left with still embarrassed us.

Edited by echo88
He's been the worst corner I've seen since my namesake. Even worse than Gary Gray's last year. Coleman's nickname should be Highway 24.

One of the plus sides of having generally sharper athletes at ND is that they can watch game tape and improve quickly. I think he will be better this weekend, quite a bit actually. The secondary as a whole is a rough place to be, but I bet he will make adjustments and really play a better game this week.

Granted, the bar is fairly low at this point, but I still expect to see a vast improvement.

He's been the worst corner I've seen since my namesake. Even worse than Gary Gray's last year. Coleman's nickname should be Highway 24.

I know he is young and I hope he embraces the challenge and surprises us with improvement and not more of what we have seen to date. Yuck

Now substitute Texas for MSU in your post and it will read like week 1 all over again....

Yeah so let's just throw out any analysis and ****ing **** out a stain of pessimism based on nothing but pessimism.

Their freshman center played like trash, basically the Texas game was 2 things. We had no answer for Swoopes package lining up in that god awful 3-3-5 and the two long passes against Nick Coleman(72yd bomb to Burt and a 68yd to Heard, accounted for 140 of their 280yds passing) Does Michigan State feature a 250lb running back and 250lb running QB? Do they feature a tempo offense?

In terms of Texas in was a bunch of inexperienced but talented Texas kids. Michigan State? By all accounts its the worst Oline and Dline Mark Dantonio has had since his first season in 2007.

Yeah so let's just throw out any analysis and ****ing **** out a stain of pessimism based on nothing but pessimism.

Their freshman center played like trash, basically the Texas game was 2 things. We had no answer for Swoopes package lining up in that god awful 3-3-5 and the two long passes against Nick Coleman(72yd bomb to Burt and a 68yd to Heard, accounted for 140 of their 280yds passing) Does Michigan State feature a 250lb running back and 250lb running QB? Do they feature a tempo offense?

In terms of Texas in was a bunch of inexperienced but talented Texas kids. Michigan State? By all accounts its the worst Oline and Dline Mark Dantonio has had since his first season in 2007.

It's not blind pessimism. You use stats and analysis to explain why we should prevail. I use what I've seen from our coaching staff and players in the past to explain why I think we won't. It's stats vs. eyeball test.

Your approach would probably hold more water if BK and BVG weren't involved. But they are.

It's not blind pessimism. You use stats and analysis to explain why we should prevail. I use what I've seen from our coaching staff and players in the past to explain why I think we won't. It's stats vs. eyeball test.

Your approach would probably hold more water if BK and BVG weren't involved. But they are.

Your post proves his post absolutely correct, he uses and statistics and analysis and you use your blindly pessimistic view and nothing more. Your eyeballs cant be pessimistic? You have been so anti kelly for so long that whatever he does your eyes would distort it to the point of looking like absolute dog crap.

Your post would hold more water if 99.9% of your posts werent pushing your anti kelly agenda because your eyeball test would be coming from a non biased viewpoint.

Your post proves his post absolutely correct, he uses and statistics and analysis and you use your blindly pessimistic view and nothing more. Your eyeballs cant be pessimistic? You have been so anti kelly for so long that whatever he does your eyes would distort it to the point of looking like absolute dog crap.

Your post would hold more water if 99.9% of your posts werent pushing your anti kelly agenda because your eyeball test would be coming from a non biased viewpoint.

Yet only one of us was right in predicting that we would lose to Texas. I guess eyeballs win.

And as for my eyes being pessimistic, not sure what you mean. I've seen what BK is fielding for us this year and I think we will beat MSU. I actually thought we might lose to them before the season started but now that I have SEEN what we have, I changed my mind. Not sure how that is pessimistic.

Edited by echo88
Yet only one of us was right in predicting that we would lose to Texas. I guess eyeballs win.

And as for my eyes being pessimistic, not sure what you mean. I've seen what BK is fielding for us this year and I think we will beat MSU. I actually thought we might lose to them before the season started but now that I have SEEN what we have, I changed my mind. Not sure how that is pessimistic.

Thats surprising because earlier in this thread you said that dantonio would know how to "crush the weakest secondary we've had since bk brought his circus to town" but that wont be good enough to win?

Thats surprising because earlier in this thread you said that dantonio would know how to "crush the weakest secondary we've had since bk brought his circus to town" but that wont be good enough to win?

Jeepers there is a lot of animosity on the board this year, I thought I was reading the open forum again.

This is the third straight thread I have opened to see people having a slap fight.

Then again, fighting over silly crap is the Irish way :)

Good thing I won't be in Vegas this weekend. I'd empty the 401(K), kid's college account, E*Trade, CDs and cash on FSU.

Good thing indeed. You'd be divorced and broke! L'ville looks so legit! Looking forward to that Clemson matchup in 2 weeks - winner goes to the playoffs, likely.