ND -7 vs Michigan State

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I don't think FSU looks that good, while Louisville looks exceptional. I saw one bowl projection that had ND matching up vs. Louisville on the 2nd I think, and I thought that would be a heck of a matchup. Of course if their QB is as awesome as he appears against lesser competition, that would be a tough game to watch as an ND fan.

Really? FSU beat a Top 15 team in Ole Miss week 1. Lville has been beating the crap out of terrible competition.

I would think they are going to come out throwing given that the strength of our defense is against the run, in spite of the fact that they have a freshman QB and Texas was able to run fairly effectively. Still, I would think they are going to attack the depleted secondary and stay away from Jones and Rochelle. Time will tell.

Michigan State always has a lot of skill position speed. They are likely faster than our secondary and should have some big plays.

This feels to me like a Weis era MSU game that will turn into a shootout.

Michigan State always has a lot of skill position speed. They are likely faster than our secondary and should have some big plays.

This feels to me like a Weis era MSU game that will turn into a shootout.

This does worry me, as much as I hate to admit it against those punks. If MSU's MO on defense is still to put their D-backs on an island in one-on-one coverage a lot, I think that's where we still win out.

A shootout could well be possible if their QB has any kind of time to throw the ball (oh wait, we know he will.)

yea, but they have their 18-wheeler package (great name btw) with two 240+lb RBs leading the way for their 250lb QB (still think we should have stopped them though) so I think we will fare better against MSU's running game

yeah ND wont have to worry about the qb runs in this game. the last two times ND played MSU under bob diaco ND shut down the run game hardcore.

This isn't really on the topic of spreads but it does have to do with win/loss. Stanford or USC? Do we hope for Stanford to keep winning so they're undefeated and highly ranked when we play them? Or, do we pull for USC to get the upset and hopefully put them on a nice run so we have, hopefully, two teams with a decent rank and, hopefully, one loss come time to play USC?

This isn't really on the topic of spreads but it does have to do with win/loss. Stanford or USC? Do we hope for Stanford to keep winning so they're undefeated and highly ranked when we play them? Or, do we pull for USC to get the upset and hopefully put them on a nice run so we have, hopefully, two teams with a decent rank and, hopefully, one loss come time to play USC?

I would rather see Stanford win. not only for the reason you said but the fall of troy always helps ND in recruiting.

We want Stanford to win. They have the higher ceiling to remain ranked as the season wears on. Plus, USC seems like a mentally soft team(they gave up in the Alabama game) and as the losses mount, they might end up a shell of a team come November. I mean, leading up to playing us, they play Oregon, @UDub, UCLA. They could easily be 6-5 at that point.

We want Stanford to win. They have the higher ceiling to remain ranked as the season wears on. Plus, USC seems like a mentally soft team(they gave up in the Alabama game) and as the losses mount, they might end up a shell of a team come November. I mean, leading up to playing us, they play Oregon, @UDub, UCLA. They could easily be 6-5 at that point.

And yet, even at 6-5, our team will find a way to keep them in the game lol

NDs secondary will need to be prepared for some sort of trick play. I bet we see msu dial up at least one halfback pass.

Who are they throwing it to? Other than true freshman Donnie Corley, Michigan State's receiving corps is dreadful. After last year set graduated, there is a dearth of talent at the WR position for Michigan State. Outside their sketchy Oline and Secondary, it's their biggest concern.

Who are they throwing it to? Other than true freshman Donnie Corley, Michigan State's receiving corps is dreadful. After last year set graduated, there is a dearth of talent at the WR position for Michigan State. Outside their sketchy Oline and Secondary, it's their biggest concern.

I would bet that dantonio will have something planed for ND, he's done in their last four meetings.

Nevada only threw for 201 yards...need to clean this up...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame CB Nick Coleman allowed 6 rec on 9 tgt for 154 yds in his first career start vs Nevada</p>— CFB Film Room (@CFBFilmRoom) <a href="

">September 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I actually WILL be in Vegas this weekend...

Thinking of the Over/Under... Currently at 52.5

Tempted to take the OVER.

I'd take the spread... not sure about that Over Under... I definitely wouldn't take the under.

Also I think the bookies are begging you to take Ole Miss and 10.5 points.. I think Bama wipes them off the field even though they've lost twice to Ole Miss. Seems like a peculiar line.

Hmmm? And then there is the Notre Dame effect. Your knowledge of stats clouds your memory of actual events.

I would bet that dantonio will have something planed for ND, he's done in their last four meetings.

Really? Because outside little giants, Brian Kelly OWNS Dantonio, winning 3 of 4

Hmmm? And then there is the Notre Dame effect. Your knowledge of stats clouds your memory of actual events.

Actual events are this Michigan State team is the least talented in 7 years. Their dline is folding chairs outside McDowell. Their offensive line got trashed by Furman, gave up 2 sacks and several holding calls that prevented others. And their QB? I wish my wife looked at me the way O'Connor stares down his receivers.

I'm sorry. I just don't see, baring injuries, any way Michigan State is able to keep up with us in this game.

Edited by piratey
Really? Because outside little giants, Brian Kelly OWNS Dantonio, winning 3 of 4

Actual events are this Michigan State team is the least talented in 7 years. Their dline is folding chairs outside McDowell. Their offensive line got trashed by Furman, gave up 2 sacks and several holding calls that prevented others. And their QB? I wish my wife looked at me the way O'Connor stares down his receivers.

I'm sorry. I just don't see, baring injuries, any way Michigan State is able to keep up with us in this game.

I agree, I am completely confident we win this game handily and I usually am not. Kelly always seems to be guns blazing when Michigan State comes in, and 2 wins were pretty much blowouts while we were ranked lower in 2012 and 2011.

If we don't win this game by atleast ten points I will be worried. If we lose I expect another 8-4 season, we cannot lose this game.

Now substitute Texas for MSU in your post and it will read like week 1 all over again....

I agree, I am completely confident we win this game handily and I usually am not. Kelly always seems to be guns blazing when Michigan State comes in, and 2 wins were pretty much blowouts while we were ranked lower in 2012 and 2011.

If we don't win this game by atleast ten points I will be worried. If we lose I expect another 8-4 season, we cannot lose this game.

I agree that if we lose this game we are staring down a 7 or 8 win season

Now substitute Texas for MSU in your post and it will read like week 1 all over again....

Well that obviously doesn't work at all, considering he stated that "this is the least talented MSU team in the last 7 years." That can't be said about this years Texas team.

Well that obviously doesn't work at all, considering he stated that "this is the least talented MSU team in the last 7 years." That can't be said about this years Texas team.

Oh really? Because before Texas hung 50 points on our defense, everything we read here indicated that a walkon center and true freshman QB would translate into a beating worse than last year.