BVG fired Midseason?

We all have come to the clear, simple conclusion that BVG is a huge liability at this point. We all can also agree that BK is stubborn to a fault. With that said, does anyone think BK would be willing to make a change mid-season or is 2016 a lost cause?

Does Jack step in at any point and tell BK that a change needs to be made?

We have seen this coming... BVG is a jumper for a reason. He's worked for 8 teams in the past 16 years. Based on my advanced math skills, his time at ND is up.

Edited by MyFightingIrish
Not for performance, it would take something off the field for that to happen. BK won't can him.

Well, here's to the hope that he will get pulled over with a car full of weed, a coke snorting midget dressed as a clown, a couple of hookers, and a trunk full of stolen firearms.

Unless there is a turnaround of epic proportions by around mid-season, yes and I don't mean just against Nevada, Duke or Syracuse.

Even if the W/L record is somewhat respectable by then, if the defense continues to flounder, drop the ax after Stanford. That might be just past the midpoint of the season but there's a bye week between Stanford and Miami.

if that is the case then I'm quickly questioning my allegiance to BK. We've seen pride and stubbornness ruin other coaches. Brian Kelly needs to make the right decision for the program regardless of personal attachment.

BK thinks pride and stubbornness are virtues of the highest quality. He needs to swallow his sinking pride and fire BVG.

ND has all of this highly recruited defensive talent that is going to waste because of BVG. What is so terrible about admitting he made a mistake?

Won't happen. ND doesn't operate that way. There are lots of factors that go into ND'S annual poor defense.

Vangorder

Not enough defensive players recruited

Not able to land tier 1 athletes on defense

Players not able to spend 6 hours a day studying film and the play book because of academic rigors.

Players not able to spend enough time with S&C because of academic rigors.

Players having to graduate in 4 years.

A general softness that permeates from the University and program.

The university does not cultivate a blue collar thug mentality that is needed on the defensive side of the ball. Too many choir boys.

The ND defense being a laughing stock on a yearly basis with tier 1 athletes on defense.

Poor hires at the DC and position coaches due to being cheap and not seeing the importance.

Coaches teaching complicated schemes instead of teaching basic fundamentals like tackling.

I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Won't happen. ND doesn't operate that way. There are lots of factors that go into ND'S annual poor defense.

Vangorder

Not enough defensive players recruited

Not able to land tier 1 athletes on defense

Players not able to spend 6 hours a day studying film and the play book because of academic rigors.

Players not able to spend enough time with S&C because of academic rigors.

Players having to graduate in 4 years.

A general softness that permeates from the University and program.

The university does not cultivate a blue collar thug mentality that is needed on the defensive side of the ball. Too many choir boys.

The ND defense being a laughing stock on a yearly basis with tier 1 athletes on defense.

Poor hires at the DC and position coaches due to being cheap and not seeing the importance.

Coaches teaching complicated schemes instead of teaching basic fundamentals like tackling.

I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Eh, the last guy with the job did alright. BVG and his stupid scheme is the problem. Good offenses will pants us all season.

Eh, the last guy with the job did alright. BVG and his stupid scheme is the problem. Good offenses will pants us all season.

And the frustrating thing is that it's not a lack of effort from our guys on defense. They are just always confused and out of position.

To me, anything other then canning him now is just wasting the season.

And the frustrating thing is that it's not a lack of effort from our guys on defense. They are just always confused and out of position.

To me, anything other then canning him now is just wasting the season.

I don't see "canning" a DC doing anything good for a team during a season? who takes over? cant really get anyone else good. Overall just comes off as giving up to me.

I don't see "canning" a DC doing anything good for a team during a season? who takes over? cant really get anyone else good. Overall just comes off as giving up to me.

Run basic man, cover 2, 2 man, cover 3 and cover 4. Defense is simple play a certain coverage and react, apparently BVG's defense can have 3 different responcibilities each play for a defender depending on alignment, formation and routes. That is too much thinking even in the NFL.

It really wouldn't help much at this point. You can't install a totally new Defense mid season, it just won't work. However, if he's still around, I'd kick him and BK to the curb and offer Herman Saban type $... That's the one advantage ND has over almost everyone, deep pockets.

they need to can him now and if there's not a capable replacement on the staff right now that's BK's fault for not assembling a staff that consists of talented up and coming coaches - (which I believe he has).

3 losses in a row

in those 3 losses gave up 38, 44, and 50 points

and 422, 496, and 517 yards

make the change to show everyone's accountable

you called out players today during your press conference but repeatedly refuse to admit that BVG was a bad hire who hasn't worked out.

Its simple to me... they rolled out an idiotic 3-3-5 against a power rushing attack, and stuck with it. They gave up 50 points and 517 yards. They missed 24 tackles throughout the game. 24!

A fundamentally poor defense which was routinely out of position while running a deficient scheme. The guy that is responsible for that needs to go. BK better decide that its BVG before it becomes him.

Its simple to me... they rolled out an idiotic 3-3-5 against a power rushing attack, and stuck with it. They gave up 50 points and 517 yards. They missed 24 tackles throughout the game. 24!

A fundamentally poor defense which was routinely out of position while running a deficient scheme. The guy that is responsible for that needs to go. BK better decide that its BVG before it becomes him.

This post is just too awesome! Enough said