To all who want Kelly gone

simontonlake

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the name

Tom Herman. He's the pretty much the obvious choice for pretty much every top school that may be shopping for a HC at season's end. IF Swarbrick and the collars were smart they would start figuring out how much money they would pony up IF a change is going to happen to get Herman. It'll be a big number too. Guarantee other schools are already talking in the back channels for his services, and serious contenders will need to be ready way before the season's over ala Meyer to UF.

Tom Herman. He's the pretty much the obvious choice for pretty much every top school that may be shopping for a HC at season's end. IF Swarbrick and the collars were smart they would start figuring out how much money they would pony up IF a change is going to happen to get Herman. It'll be a big number too. Guarantee other schools are already talking in the back channels for his services, and serious contenders will need to be ready way before the season's over ala Meyer to UF.

Agree, hes the obvious choice and i would be ecstatic if they got him. Probably a pipe dream though

I think Tom Herman is too green. ND is a completely different breed than Houston..

I'm on the pay Urbie whatever he wants to come here bandwagon. 20 million if that's what it takes. The guy has his teams up for every big game. Crushed us, crushed Bama, and is crushing Oklahoma. Rarely is an Urban Meyer team embarrassed. And they usually dominate good teams comically. Saban does well too, but he's getting old and I'm not sure he could sustain it here. He didn't exactly light it up at MSU when he was there or Miami in the pros. It wasn't until he went to the deep south where he could easily recruit and bend the rules to his liking when he starting winning. Urban's doing it everywhere. Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, OSU. My vote, Urban...

I think Tom Herman is too green. ND is a completely different breed than Houston..

I'm on the pay Urbie whatever he wants to come here bandwagon. 20 million if that's what it takes. The guy has his teams up for every big game. Crushed us, crushed Bama, and is crushing Oklahoma. Rarely is an Urban Meyer team embarrassed. And they usually dominate good teams comically. Saban does well too, but he's getting old and I'm not sure he could sustain it here. He didn't exactly light it up at MSU when he was there or Miami in the pros. It wasn't until he went to the deep south where he could easily recruit and bend the rules to his liking when he starting winning. Urban's doing it everywhere. Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, OSU. My vote, Urban...

hes not leaving OSU. Especially to come here. Unless one day he gets bored of winning there.

What PJ said. It just doesn't happen for Elite coaches to leave one top school at or near the pinnacle to go to one that's down. No matter how much money is involved. The Meyer train passed us by two coaches ago. Herman is young, but has that it factor, pedigree, etc. Other historically good programs will roll out the red carpet for him in a heartbeat. Once he goes to one of those and has success he'll be gone for good.

What PJ said. It just doesn't happen for Elite coaches to leave one top school at or near the pinnacle to go to one that's down. No matter how much money is involved. The Meyer train passed us by two coaches ago. Herman is young, but has that it factor, pedigree, etc. Other historically good programs will roll out the red carpet for him in a heartbeat. Once he goes to one of those and has success he'll be gone for good.

Yup urban from utah to florida all over again and we'll just watch with our mediocre coach and program

hes not leaving OSU. Especially to come here. Unless one day he gets bored of winning there.

Well, he said he wasn't getting back into coaching anytime soon after coaching Florida and 1 year later he was OSU.

Saban was going to stay at Miami until Alabama came with a boat load a cash. These guys are no different then us. It's human nature. You want the best and most that you can get for your family.

But I agree, it's a pipe dream....But it's worth a call I think..

Well, he said he wasn't getting back into coaching anytime soon after coaching Florida and 1 year later he was OSU.

Saban was going to stay at Miami until Alabama came with a boat load a cash. These guys are no different then us. It's human nature. You want the best and most that you can get for your family.

But I agree, it's a pipe dream....But it's worth a call I think..

I completely agree with this. I think there is less than a 1% chance that he would ever leave OSU to come to ND. Maybe if he "retired" again, and we called him while he was hating his life as a color commentator, that would be easier.

But at least he spent five years here as an assistant coach and probably understands the culture. Also, I think it helps that the state of the program is light years ahead of where it was when BK took this job 7 years ago. The cupboard is certainly not bare, and if you look at this roster, we have a s**t tong of talent for 2017 and 2018. He knows that he would be a god here and would go down as one of the best coaches of all time if he could bring a national championship here.

But again, I doubt he would ever leave the comfort of OSU to come here. He gets to call all of the shots, gets to pay his coaches top dollar, has great facilities, and has access to virtually any recruit with a pulse.

There's no amount of $ that will get Saban or Meyer to even consider Notre Dame. If your Notre Dame, your only choice is Herman or stick with Brian Kelly. There's literally nobody else out there that wouldn't be a step back. And I know what you guys are thinking, Kelly sucks so bad that we're better off with anyone but him, but that's just not the case and any rational person knows that.

However, Notre Dame is better off with anyone besides Van Gorder, fck that guy.

There's no amount of $ that will get Saban or Meyer to even consider Notre Dame. If your Notre Dame, your only choice is Herman or stick with Brian Kelly. There's literally nobody else out there that wouldn't be a step back. And I know what you guys are thinking, Kelly sucks so bad that we're better off with anyone but him, but that's just not the case and any rational person knows that.

However, Notre Dame is better off with anyone besides Van Gorder, fck that guy.

Kelly will not be fired after this season or next season, unless he has back-to-back losing seasons. Swarbrick loves him, and he has done wonders for the program overall during his time here. I'm not saying he is the best ND can do, but he is not going anywhere. I am as frustrated as anyone with him right now, but hiring a young, up-and-coming defensive coordinator would do wonders for the program.

Best case scenario. LSU fires Les Miles after another disappointing season. ND pulls out all the stops to poach defensive coordinator Dave Aranda. He produced great defenses at Wisconsin (I believe top 20 defenses in all three seasons as defensive coordinator, including the #1 ranked scoring defense in 2015) and is doing the same at LSU. He is making $1.3 million and whoever replaces Miles will try to keep him, so ND is going to need to throw a lot of money at him. That is one change BK has gotten though - better pay for assistants. ND has a great roster (even on defense) and 2017/2018 could be great years if the defense can catch up to the offense.

Kelly will not be fired after this season or next season, unless he has back-to-back losing seasons. Swarbrick loves him, and he has done wonders for the program overall during his time here. .

I wouldn't be so sure about this. Swarbrick is not particularly well liked. The BOT could fire Swarbrick and Kelly in one fell swoop. Money is no object.

We'll see, but I would not say- in year 7- that Kelly or Swarbrick is safe. Fan fatigue/apathy is setting in-there were boos in the stadium tonight. A couple more embarrassments like this one tonight- which is entirely possible imo- and the seat's gonna get hot for both of them.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. Swarbrick is not particularly well liked. The BOT could fire Swarbrick and Kelly in one fell swoop. Money is no object.

We'll see, but I would not say- in year 7- that Kelly or Swarbrick is safe. Fan fatigue/apathy is setting in-there were boos in the stadium tonight. A couple more embarrassments like this one tonight- which is entirely possible imo- and the seat's gonna get hot for both of them.

TBH I thought Swarbrick has done a decent job. At least, when it comes to all sports.

TBH I thought Swarbrick has done a decent job. At least, when it comes to all sports.

This was my thinking as well. The overall athletic program at ND is in fantastic shape. Plus he navigated through conference realignment to keep ND independent and helped forge the partnership with Under Armour. He may not be well liked, but Swarbrick has done a hell of a job since taking over for Kevin White.

I would like believe this but i just cant. Even with an epic collapse the rest of this season i think the best we can realistically hope for after this season is bvg gone. Boos do resonate though and the apathy is setting in across the fan base thats clear but i just dont think its enough. Not yet

This was my thinking as well. The overall athletic program at ND is in fantastic shape. Plus he navigated through conference realignment to keep ND independent and helped forge the partnership with Under Armour. He may not be well liked, but Swarbrick has done a hell of a job since taking over for Kevin White.

If you think the BOT sees the other sports s anything than window dressing you're wrong. Football is the financial golden goose that supports everything else, and behind all the happy talk about scholarship athletes, ND is about money. Every AD at ND will excel at the other sports where the athletes are not going to play professionally, because ND is very attractive for smart kids looking to get a free education and then get a great job when college ends. Look at Kevin White's bio. It's filled with NCAA Championships, players of the year, etc. etc. in minor revenue sports.

They fired his ***.

We'll see, but I would not assume Swarbrick is safe. They've invested a ton of money in football facilities and need football revenue. Like I said- and both Tribune articles refer to this in this morning's newspaper- there were boos in the stadium last night. Fan sentiment is turning. The BOT is listening.

Stay tuned....

If you think the BOT sees the other sports s anything than window dressing you're wrong. Football is the financial golden goose that supports everything else, and behind all the happy talk about scholarship athletes, ND is about money. Every AD at ND will excel at the other sports where the athletes are not going to play professionally, because ND is very attractive for smart kids looking to get a free education and then get a great job when college ends. Look at Kevin White's bio. It's filled with NCAA Championships, players of the year, etc. etc. in minor revenue sports.

They fired his ***.

We'll see, but I would not assume Swarbrick is safe. They've invested a ton of money in football facilities and need football revenue. Like I said- and both Tribune articles refer to this in this morning's newspaper- there were boos in the stadium last night. Fan sentiment is turning. The BOT is listening.

Stay tuned....

I agree with this, but...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-notre-dame-brian-kelly-contract-extension-20160129-story.html

We have BK, contractually at least, through 2021.

I don't know how much he is paid per year, but they're not going to fire him after just extending his contract this year. He is set financially and he has ND over a barrel, so to speak.

ND wants to avoid a Weis-like scenario, so they'll keep him at least through the 2017 season, no matter what happens, and probably longer.

I think the BOT will place a ton of pressure for him to change his coaching staff. Hopefully that happens TODAY.

I agree with this, but...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-notre-dame-brian-kelly-contract-extension-20160129-story.html

We have BK, contractually at least, through 2021.

I don't know how much he is paid per year, but they're not going to fire him after just extending his contract this year. He is set financially and he has ND over a barrel, so to speak.

ND wants to avoid a Weis-like scenario, so they'll keep him at least through the 2017 season, no matter what happens, and probably longer.

I think the BOT will place a ton of pressure for him to change his coaching staff. Hopefully that happens TODAY.

Have you seen the contract? Is there a performance clause? Is there a buyout clause? I wouldn't assume anything about the contract without reading it. If the contract is like Weis's, than Swarbrick is the dumbest AD in the country.