To all who want Kelly gone

simontonlake

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou's passion was Notre Dame. You saw it in his eyes. You heard it in his voice.

With Kelly this is a job and nothing more.

The same drive and intensity isn't there like it was with Holtz.

This is why I like him so much. I was tired of recruits and coaches treating this place like it was holy ground. We just need someone to teach football and recruit kids who couldn't care less how many people are in the stands watching them.

Far too long were the excuses of academics hurting recruiting or our outdated venue and gameday atmosphere. I would rather our Gameday experience be like everyone else if it meant we were in contention for playoffs every year.

I don't need a coach enamored by the Golden dome or the history, because, without wins, that stuff doesn't mean **** and will soon fade into lore that your children's children will only read about and never truly understand.

Wake up the echoes by not waking up the echoes.

Is this a joke?

no it wasn't a joke. He did some stupid things, and has paid the price for his actions. I'm not perfect and have made some morally wrong decisions all along my life. Those around me granted me grace and I became a better person after. People are so quick to judge others without looking in the mirror. I understand that being the Head Coach of ND is a different beast. I don't however understand why people hold others to a standard that they don't hold to themselves.

I'm not trying to start a moral debate. I was just thinking about what our team would look like with him as coach.

no it wasn't a joke. He did some stupid things, and has paid the price for his actions. I'm not perfect and have made some morally wrong decisions all along my life. Those around me granted me grace and I became a better person after. People are so quick to judge others without looking in the mirror. I understand that being the Head Coach of ND is a different beast. I don't however understand why people hold others to a standard that they don't hold to themselves.

I'm not trying to start a moral debate. I was just thinking about what our team would look like with him as coach.

It's interesting that Christianity is all about redemption and yet, catholic Notre Dame doesn't appear to believe in it.

I am not judging him. I just know what ND would do, and the field day the media would have. They made Kelly look like the devil for just yelling at people.

I am not judging him. I just know what ND would do, and the field day the media would have. They made Kelly look like the devil for just yelling at people.

I agree he will never be the coach because of what you mentioned. I just sit and wonder on Saturdays what our team would look like if we had a different HC. I'm not ready to get rid of Kelly, I just wish he wasn't so stubborn sometimes.

I agree he will never be the coach because of what you mentioned. I just sit and wonder on Saturdays what our team would look like if we had a different HC. I'm not ready to get rid of Kelly, I just wish he wasn't so stubborn sometimes.

I've been ready to get rid of him for years. Being "the best since Lou" is akin to being the least smelliest turd. He is a cancer who has doomed us to mediocrity til the end of his tenure...

I've been ready to get rid of him for years. Being "the best since Lou" is akin to being the least smelliest turd. He is a cancer who has doomed us to mediocrity til the end of his tenure...

You have been? Shocking

And honestly who would you prefer at this point, any thoughts at all? Any names that you think nd could get that would do a better job?

* i didnt mean for that to come across as being a d!ck, just curious what names might be available and really could do a better job

Edited by goirish83

You have been? Shocking

And honestly who would you prefer at this point, any thoughts at all? Any names that you think nd could get that would do a better job?

* i didnt mean for that to come across as being a d!ck, just curious what names might be available and really could do a better job

Maybe when we ate 1-2, with losses to 2 programs with less talent, you'll start to come around...

I've always been torn on Kelly, but after the Texas debacle and tonight's embarrassment, I think Kelly has run it's course here in ND. I mean this is supposed to be a showcase for all of these recruits and they go and lay a huge egg, pitiful performance on offebse, defense and special teams.