To all who want Kelly gone

simontonlake

Ann Arbor sucks as far as cities go. so does Columbus, Madison is in WI. Nuff said. Out of the 17 cities you listed , 4 maybe 5 are places I'd want to live.

This is one of those classic ND fan threads where in a very subtle manner claim we lose because of academics. Please. We lose because we are out coached. Those assertions imply that all these talented players that don't choose ND can't cut it in the classroom and we know that's not true.

Blame the coach because players never make mistakes. Make sense.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with Brian Kelly. Most of us here have had to ensure 20 years of fruitlessness in Davie, Willingham and Wies. I would say keep Kelly, just tweak here and there. So just get rid of BVG. We had a good defense until he showed up. Let's get back to the basics.

In terms of the defense, now that I had time to think about it, I'm happy with the development of Nyles Morgan. The first quarter for him was horrible and be really developed as the game went on. Also happy about Onwualu.

We also had two freshman safeties in for half the game. They will also improve as the games progress.

Biggest disappointment for me was the DL. That's where the seniors are and they needed to step up against the young OL for Texas. They couldn't do it.

Maybe the change needed is BVG and Gilmore? But I loved Gilmore last year, so I'm thinking its just BVG.

We should never be desparate. This is still Notre Dame.

We drove a dump truck full of cash up to charlie weis front door. I just think bvg needs to go.

I don't think it's about being desperate so much as knowing that Herman may be the next Urban Meyer. We missed out on Urban as he was leaving Utah, I don't want to miss Herman as he's leaving Houston.

At some point ND needs to take a risk in my opinion. Is Herman better than Kelly? I'm not sure, but I think we've seen what ND is under Kelly and I don't think it's good enough.

I don't think it's about being desperate so much as knowing that Herman may be the next Urban Meyer. We missed out on Urban as he was leaving Utah, I don't want to miss Herman as he's leaving Houston.

At some point ND needs to take a risk in my opinion. Is Herman better than Kelly? I'm not sure, but I think we've seen what ND is under Kelly and I don't think it's good enough.

Yeah if we have a chance to get him we need to take it. This isn't year 4 it is year 7, we know what a Kelly team looks like now and your right it's an average of maybe 9 wins a year.

I said in another thread 9 isn't good enough at Georgia or Nebraska so why here? I think Kelly feels to safe here, IMO he has done nothing, and won nothing other than the Music City Bowl against a bad LSU team.

I honestly don't know the answer to this, and don't know if anyone here does, but how involved is Jack is decision-making?, or at least keeping the pressure on Kelly?

As AD I would be all over him about the Def....i would've told him after last year to reach out to BC's coordinator and see if there's interest. If so, we'll pay him what he needs. If not, let's put together a list of guys to reach out to because this has GOT to get better if WE want to get better, and friend of yours or not, BVG can't remain in charge of the D.

If Jack basically tells Kelly, hey you're the CEO of all things football, then there's no outside sense of urgency on him to improve what needs improving. I don't care how motivated a person is, every one still needs someone they answer to pushing them to get the best results.

Edited by NDNorm

Irish Sports Daily @ISDUpdate

Kelly believes BVG is the right man for the job. Says you’re going to have to outscore people.

11:31 AM - 6 Sep 2016

Kelly adds “If we are 10 games into the year and this is still happening, then I’ll take the questions.”

BK expects tackling to get better once everyone settles in.

11:36 AM - 6 Sep 2016

Kelly believes BVG is the right man for the job. Says you’re going to have to outscore people.

I guess we need to fill in our own blanks. BVG is the right man for the job....to give up so many points that there will be constant pressure on the offense to hang at least 50 a game on every one. Nice.

Yeah if we have a chance to get him we need to take it. This isn't year 4 it is year 7, we know what a Kelly team looks like now and your right it's an average of maybe 9 wins a year.

I said in another thread 9 isn't good enough at Georgia or Nebraska so why here? I think Kelly feels to safe here, IMO he has done nothing, and won nothing other than the Music City Bowl against a bad LSU team.

done nothing? he took an undefeated ND team to a NC for the first time in over 20 years. Just last year we were in the title hunt and lost by less than 5 points combined to two of the top 4 teams at seasons end...

He was the Herman when he was at Cincinnati. Let's see if Herman gets his team to a major bowl like Kelly did with Cincy.

If you guys want a new coach that's your opinion, but to say he's done nothing is so unfair and very inaccurate. I think he's done a tremendous job and don't know if many others could do better. Always been curious to see even how a Saban would do here - I think he would be hard pressed to get one NC let alone several.

done nothing? he took an undefeated ND team to a NC for the first time in over 20 years. Just last year we were in the title hunt and lost by less than 5 points combined to two of the top 4 teams at seasons end...

He was the Herman when he was at Cincinnati. Let's see if Herman gets his team to a major bowl like Kelly did with Cincy.

If you guys want a new coach that's your opinion, but to say he's done nothing is so unfair and very inaccurate. I think he's done a tremendous job and don't know if many others could do better. Always been curious to see even how a Saban would do here - I think he would be hard pressed to get one NC let alone several.

Hes done plenty that's for sure and anyone who disagrees with that is just clouded by an anti kelly bias. One thing he hasnt done lately though is win a big time game. Hes come close numerous times but at some point youve got to come away with a victory, especially if you still arent winning all the games you should be (texas)

Yeah took us to the title game and got embarrassed, one of the worst title game performances in recent memory too. It's about winning and he has won one big game on the national stage and no big bowl.

See if Herman can get there? He beat fsu in a bcs bowl last year...

BK is the best thing to happen to ND football since lou holtz end of story.

That is like winning the award for "least offensive smelling fart".

Davie, Willingham and Weis collectively are not exactly Rockne, Leahy and Ara...just sayin'.

I've posted it a couple times in my post-season destroying loss funk, but Kelly is a reincarnation of Dan Devine without the NC winning credential.

Devine was not horrible, but he was not Ara either.

Kelly is not horrible either, but is not even Devine...and does not appear to be capable of winning a title to even compete with Dan as 5th best coach in program history.

Meyer at OSU and Saban at Bama are in the discussion already with Hayes and Bryant as to who is the best in program history...are you satisfied with a Kelly versus Leahy or Kelly versus Rockne comparison at this point?

If you are, then we have our man...if not???

Hes done plenty that's for sure and anyone who disagrees with that is just clouded by an anti kelly bias. One thing he hasnt done lately though is win a big time game. Hes come close numerous times but at some point youve got to come away with a victory, especially if you still arent winning all the games you should be (texas)

I will cop to an Anti-Kelly bias as soon as he wins ANY game against a top tier opponent. The last such win was in 2012 against Oklahoma.

Since then?

(Did beat MSU and ASU, both as the #24 team at the time of the games...but hardly top-10 or better programs that year...)

Lost to UM (2013)

Lost to OU (2013)

Lost to Stanford (2013)

(Did beat Michigan and Stanford in 2014 before...completely coming unglued after FSU)

Lost to FSU (2014)

Lost to ASU (2014)

Lost to Louisville (2014)

Lost to USC (2014)

(Did manage to win something called the Music City Bowl against LSU...in December, if we beat a ranked LSU team in January I would be more impressed...)

Lost to Clemson (2015)

Lost to Stanford (2015)

Lost to tOSU (2015)

Lost to Texas (2016)

That is not coincidence, that is a bona fide trend of non-result generating performance on the biggest stage...

I guess I'm just glad that the media is at least holding his feet to the fire about the defense and Vangorder.

They're normally soft, but the accumulation of the past 2 years and what happened on Sunday is too much to ignore. Getting totally obliterated by a true Frosh QB and a bunch of tubby RBs was humiliating to not only him, but the program as well. Just looking at Van Gorder sickens me.

Kelly adds “If we are 10 games into the year and this is still happening, then I’ll take the questions.”

BK expects tackling to get better once everyone settles in.

11:36 AM - 6 Sep 2016

Wow. He's clueless. If this is still happening ten games into the season then he's about six or seven games too late. More in my opinion.